Sign in to follow this  
Brunkaren

Back Opener?

Brunkaren

Hiii!

just bought some silicone grease to waterproof the watch! however, im not sure i got the back of the watch tightened enough.

So i bought this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Deluxe-Rolex-Screw-Watch-Back-Case-Opener-Tool-Set-36-5mm-Die-New-H8-/331150114970?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:AU:1123

I have a rolex submariner, will that fit on the backside? i should have asked here first, but i forgot XD

if it doesnt match, what dimension should i get?

black263

Post a photograph of your backside, with measurements, and we'll let you know.

Markrfc

Sub case backs are usually 29.5mm

apcm

Have a look at a sticky ball. Works on most case backs, and no risk of scratching and about $4.

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but I was also looking at buying silicone grease too, and the Bergeon branded grease is about 20 time the price of non branded. Any recommendations?

stupotseventyeight
Post a photograph of your backside, with measurements, and we'll let you know.

But no photos after the greasing... ;)

Brunkaren

well.. im having a hard time uploading photos since ive got to link them, and i only have them on my hdd.

about the greasing, get a small brush also! it will make it a lot easier to grease the gasket under the crown.

besides that gasket, i removed the gasket from the back and greased the shit out of it, then i put it back :)

what is a sticky ball, and where do i get one? :)

plankton

Hiii!

just bought some silicone grease to waterproof the watch! however, im not sure i got the back of the watch tightened enough.

So i bought this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com....E:X:AAQ:AU:1123

I have a rolex submariner, will that fit on the backside? i should have asked here first, but i forgot XD

if it doesnt match, what dimension should i get?

get the 29.5 size..................... I just PM'd you

plankton

well.. im having a hard time uploading photos since ive got to link them, and i only have them on my hdd.

about the greasing, get a small brush also! it will make it a lot easier to grease the gasket under the crown.

besides that gasket, i removed the gasket from the back and greased the shit out of it, then i put it back :)

Alway use the correct tool please. Sticky balls do it but can never get the back great than 8 ft lbs.

mysterio

Alway use the correct tool please. Sticky balls do it but can never get the back great than 8 ft lbs.

Sticky balls are great for removal in a jiffy, but not so good for making sure your caseback is good and sealed. Use the correct tool.