Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Orient Star Classic Retrograde

N.Rico

japanese perfection !

looks like a lexus to me ,its beautiful !

LightGeek

Lume-tastic.

u8eby2u9.jpg

TheSav

Not something I'd wear but I like the design. I especially like the hands. Looks to be good value for the money.

cogwatch

Very nice LG. I said I might have gone for the blue, but the white looks awesome. Orient, and especially OrientStar, are great looking and great quality watches for the price.

I know what you mean about the "wont-cut-your-hands finish" on so many reps. I own a machine shop and no part leaves without all edges smooth. Can't the Chinese fucking deburr an edge.

I love the variety that reps give me. But, with a few exceptions, the reps I have are missing that solid, smooth, quality feel of a good gen. And I mean $150 to $700 gens, they don't have to be higher end gens to have great quality. I think I'm beginning to feel that frustration of the sharp edges, not quite perfectly aligned features, shoddy feel when you pull out the crown to wind or set the date and time, slightly loose bezels, and on and on. Again, there are a few exceptions, but the majority just disappoint in one aspect or another.

Enjoy your new GEN baby!!!

rrussotwo

Orient make some wonderful watches across all budget ranges.

964boy

Nice piece

LightGeek
Orient make some wonderful watches across all budget ranges.

Yep, I'm about to jump on another one unless I read about another comparable gen brand in this price range (that I like).

LightGeek

This watch has now displaced a bunch in my box (see sale thread). Currently the white Air King is fighting to keep its spot...

LightGeek

ahygybyb.jpg

Can see the cream dial color here.

9a6ama6e.jpg

frogflyer

That is a beautiful watch. I am sure you are enjoying it! I was very impressed with the build quality of Orient Star. I have been going back and forth on a couple of models as I would like to add another to my collection. This one has now been added to my decision matrix! My Star Seeker says hello :wave:

IMG_1771_zps3130bec9.jpgIMG_1772_zpsb8d15d98.jpg

LightGeek

It would be absolutely perfect if the would extend the seconds hand just a tiny bit more.

digger2

Looks great, congrats! I regret that I didn't go into an Orient store in the Panama freeport

Thang

Very nice looking watch

mrtsumoto80

You did just fine, that is a wonderful watch, everyone should own an orient star in their collection, for the price, you are taking home the finest pieces of the brand at an affordable price

LightGeek

You did just fine, that is a wonderful watch, everyone should own an orient star in their collection, for the price, you are taking home the finest pieces of the brand at an affordable price

Yeah, I absolutely love it and glad I chose the white. It's my defacto watch now.

Duzza

Still wearing it LG? I'm considering the Orient Star Classic but something making me hold back.

alonzothomas

That's I fine looking time piece. I hear the quality is right up there. Am waiting for a blue mako to arrive.

MoveAlong

I, too, am curious what you think after all this time? It is very nice looking, and those complications are very cool.

Mike on a bike
gLTlISB.jpgMy Orient says hello!

Duzza
That's the one I'm hovering over!

LightGeek

Still wearing it LG? I'm considering the Orient Star Classic but something making me hold back.

Still wearing it. I love the complications and it actually got some wrist time last week.

cufflink
That's the one I'm hovering over!

Was looking at getting one of that too but when I saw the watch in person I think the blue hands doesn't look really metallic and that spoilt it for me. The ss case gold hands/index one is nice thou.

Edited by cufflink

Deviantaj

That's a beautiful watch! I think im adding orient star to my list of affordable gens to own, I really want a grand seiko, but just too expensive for me (worth it but expensive). I just picked up my first 'real' (automatic and gen) watch myself. Laco friedrichshafen, used at $850 Canadian :). I think I have the itch now too. 94c660ce5692bcedee93a485e4876d9c.jpg

LightGeek

4adeaa6a5347ac6360478d7916f24ca5.jpg

Still loving it. Light AR coating is a plus.

MoveAlong

LG, so you got me with the SARB and I finally broke down and ordered the cream retrograde. Why don't you just post a pic of your entire collection for me, so I'll at least know whats in my future! :P