Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Have you been dumped with a High Beat 2813 (SB1HRZ2)?

SSTEEL

More and more members are discovering they have been duped with a 2813 new breed movement POS instead of the advertised 2836-2 ETA clone, so much so, I have come across many, and have had the unpleasant task of informing the owners.

I have labelled some photos to help one of my customers explain to the TD the differences between a eta clone, and a 2813, and thought I would post them here so you can check yourself too.

Its quite easy to tell if you have a 2813 new breed fitted. The ETA, and 2836-2 ETA clone both have dial feet hook clamps, whereas the 2813 has dial feet screws.

Another tell, is the balance area, there is a circular cut out, and no stampings whatsoever.

Another tell is the auto wind bridge, but this is only noticeable when you remove it.

Visually they look very similar, but they are far from it, the 2813 is a inferior movement, period.

14331096294_1d7d4bbb0b_o.png2014-06-02_2235 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14328493881_ebd46d083f_o.png2014-06-02_2237 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14352030803_b8f6f3de33_o.png2014-06-02_2237 by Micky.!, on Flickr

14328515451_6c4ed77660_o.png2014-06-02_2239 by Micky.!, on Flickr

UPDATE - Thanks to Raddave on our sister site, RWI, we finally know what this POS Clone is really called. Its a....

SB1HRZ2

Pharmo

Very useful info Micky - thanks for taking the time to post this mate. :thumbsup:

dalboy

Good to know Mick..

I'd bet most here are not sure whats inside ...... I include myself in that , short of opening and checking everyone , Who does that unless there's a problem.

Thang

Thanks for the helful info

SSTEEL

I don't know how the dealers are getting away with this, especially with display case backs, they have no excuse.

dalboy

I don't know how the dealers are getting away with this, especially with display case backs, they have no excuse.

Is Trust going out the window here .. :Whistle:

Left Coast Guy

Micky -- I'm not sure what the part is called, but I have always used the gear wheel just counter-clockwise from the balance wheel to tell the difference between 2824 and 2813, has that been changed in these new 2813's?

See pics below for detail.

2824 -- The silver wheel circled has large spread out teeth on the 2824

14331387394_81a8ec14e9_b.jpg

2813 -- On the 2813, the wheel in the same relative positioned, circled, has much finer teeth.

14145605187_712561a2c0_b.jpg

mostling

Trust definitely going, the fuckers are making a ton of money on us returning customers.

Getting fed up with all the bullshit and several versions of each watch where most of the time they fix one thing and plant another problem to be able to come up with even another version.

I might just sell all my reps and get a gen and be done with all this bullshit.

so-mad-i-could.gif

Edited by mostling

dalboy

Trust definitely going, the fuckers are making a lot of money on us returning customers.

I might just sell all my reps and get a gen and be done with all this bullshit.

+100000000000000000000

Dal.

TheSav

It never ceases to amaze me what the factories get away with. You'd hope that the dealers were on top of this but obviously not. Thanks for educating us Micky.

SSTEEL

Micky -- I'm not sure what the part is called, but I have always used the gear wheel just counter-clockwise from the balance wheel to tell the difference between 2824 and 2813, has that been changed in these new 2813's?

See pics below for detail.

2824 -- The silver wheel circled has large spread out teeth on the 2824

14331387394_81a8ec14e9_b.jpg

2813 -- On the 2813, the wheel in the same relative positioned, circled, has much finer teeth.

14145605187_712561a2c0_b.jpg

Thats a 21J movement not a 2813 mate.

Here's a 2813 from the rear..

14328444781_340d5eb51d_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Ignore the movement holder/faux ring.

dalboy

Better put you pith Helmet , Wellies and Tin knickers on Mick..

The Ninjas will be after ya once they know you sussed em. !

plankton

Great info SS!!!! Thanks, I've been screwed on a Omega from "the other TD".

SSTEEL

The TD's already hate me, and when customers tell them that they have been duped, the TD's try and shift the blame onto the watchmaker, saying watchmakers are ripping them off, charging too much lol. The TD's fail to understand, they lie to every single one of us, all the time.

Of course, not all TD's are the same, I do get on really well with a few :)

dalboy

The TD's already hate me, and when customers tell them that they have been duped, the TD's try and shift the blame onto the watchmaker, saying watchmakers are ripping them off, charging too much lol. The TD's fail to understand, they lie to every single one of us, all the time.

True !!

Your gonna be as popular as a Fart in a Space Suit ! :lmao2:

houndoggie

so the new 2813 is a rep of the eta clone? :facepalm:

Conex

Thanks for the info mate. On opening up the backs of a few watches I can already see I have been duped at least once. FFS.

dalboy

Does this mean that my reps are now worth two bob ? :lol:

bullsvsbears

as much as i love this hobby (just getting into it) its seems that even with td's and an awesome community you have to be a professional watch maker to actually get know if a $450 watch isn't a 20$ pos

Fat Panda

Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated. Education is the key to fighting this problem. I can't speak for other TDs, but for myself and my partner, I know we didn't know this stuff. If we are educated, and know what to look for, then this sort of thing should not get by us and we can send the watches back to the factories until they send what was paid for.

Thanks again.

- FP

conx

This is great info - thanks.

However, we are dealing with shady people (not you Micky :)), so when we get lied to and ripped off why would any us be surprised? The fact we deal with trusted dealers does not hide the fact that they in turn buy from factories basically run by criminals - go figure.

dalboy

Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated. Education is the key to fighting this problem. I can't speak for other TDs, but for myself and my partner, I know we didn't know this stuff. If we are educated, and know what to look for, then this sort of thing should not get by us and we can send the watches back to the factories until they send what was paid for.

Thanks again.

- FP

You going to open all CB's .. not glass obviously and check ..?

Dal.

Fat Panda

Thanks again.

- FP

Dal.

And photograph them if necessary.

gran

criminals, yes of sorts! but these criminals do not know one movement from the other I am afraid. Most are not watch or movements experts i am afarid. For a dealer ignorance is bliss sometimes or....?

dalboy

Thanks again.

- FP

Dal.

And photograph them if necessary.

Will this be reflected in the price .. or part of your standard service ..?