Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Have you been dumped with a High Beat 2813 (SB1HRZ2)?

BentleySharp

Thanks for posting this.

We, the buyer, have to hold the dealers accountable for shady business practices. If we don't speak up, then they'll keep taking more and more liberties and the quality of the reps we get will go down the toilet all while the prices continue to rise!

The dealers might not be personally responsible for assembling the watches, but the dealers are our liason to the factories, and from what I understand, they are often responsible for keeping the factories informed about what people like to buy.

zero_deficit

Saw another one pop up on RWI. Member had it for a couple of months before it died. BP factory

FukuokaTen

Well, it happened to my Pro Hunter; series of issues in seven days upon its arrival and watch is back with the TD. Usual saga of TD's rejection of my request for a replacement (blaming the factory) and now hinting on servicing only. Contacting admin will be my last resort failing all other options with TD.

Irony is that when some one can lie about visible Sapphire Crystal, why they would hesitate to lie about an unseen movement. Our own awareness is the key and thanks to RWG/experts on this board.

profsteve

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but there's a super easy way to tell without opening the watch. Pull the crown right out to time-setting position. One full rotation of the crown will turn the hands 24 hours on a 2813. It will only turn about 11 hours on an asian or swiss 28xx ;)

I did that on a few that I know for sure are Swiss 2836 and on 2 others that I know to be Asian 2813 and the difference is at least what you mention if not more. Thanks for that simple method.

SSTEEL

Edited thread title to indicate High Beat.

black263

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but there's a super easy way to tell without opening the watch. Pull the crown right out to time-setting position. One full rotation of the crown will turn the hands 24 hours on a 2813. It will only turn about 11 hours on an asian or swiss 28xx ;)

I did that on a few that I know for sure are Swiss 2836 and on 2 others that I know to be Asian 2813 and the difference is at least what you mention if not more. Thanks for that simple method.

Not sure what you mean here. On a watch I just tried, one full crown rotation was just over 1 hour. Do you mean that a full rotation is 60 minutes on a 2813 and 35 mins otherwise?

zero_deficit

One full turn on a 2813 is about 90 mins

One full turn on a ETA/A28xx is about 45 mins

Give or take a couple of minutes

However not sure if that is the case on these new breed movements. Can someone confirm?

I've also noticed that the Tudor BB v2 have these movements

zinnboy

However not sure if that is the case on these new breed movements. Can someone confirm?

Full turn=360 degrees of rotation on the crown? I've had a bit of variance. Will try again and post later.

zero_deficit

Full turn=360 degrees of rotation on the crown? I've had a bit of variance. Will try again and post later.

Yep, 360 degrees. Use the logo on the crown as a reference point. I usually get variances of 10 mins

zinnboy

Yep, 360 degrees. Use the logo on the crown as a reference point. I usually get variances of 10 mins

Ah. I just sold my YM with a 2813 but when I get a new one with a an "Asian ETA" I'll definitely check this.

SSTEEL

Just discovered the date wheel on this pos movement is completely different to the eta and clone, and to even remove it you need to first remove the top plate.

I just hope you are right Joran about the hands fitting an eta and eta clone!

Stuvetjee

Well cant fucking believe this... This hobby is getting better and better! First we need to pay $200 more on new V7,8,9,10 versions and now they are equipped with 21's instead of a ordered eta clone :facepalm:

Better check all my watches, and incoming DSSD :o.

GenTLe

Well if you are going to verify movements Fat Panda I can assure you a lot of guys will be dealing w/ you, personally I think you can charge a small premium for it. Considering what a lot of us are being sent it is an excellent business model to increase volume.

+1000000000

Cynikal.Mindset
Just discovered the date wheel on this pos movement is completely different to the eta and clone, and to even remove it you need to first remove the top plate.

I just hope you are right Joran about the hands fitting an eta and eta clone!

The hour hand from the new breed is a cunt hair too big and fits loose on the pinion

Kcore

Can anyone else confirm that the new V2 BB has this 2813 crappy movt.

Kcore

Can anyone else confirm that the new V2 BB has this 2813 crappy movt.

Anyone?

I was hoping to get a v2 but not if it has this 2813 POS you guys are discussing .

Nightbird

Wow, this is valuable info and certainly a turn off!!! I ordered 3 watches recently..1 with A7750 movement and 1 with Japanese OS20..Are these decent enough movements? Should I be worried at all? They are all from 1 TD..

zero_deficit

Hey SSTEEL, I've heard these being referred to as DG-2813-2S. But just like the CH8836, there's still some debate over whether it actually is that.

I'm also wondering about movements that don't have engravings but do have clamps. Would they just be regular Sea-Gull or Hangzhou clones, or are they these new breed ones as well?

SSTEEL

Its actually not actually the CH8836 at all, just found out.

Of all the online sources for Chinese movements I have checked, not one list this POS Clone, so as someone else suggested, I think we should refer to it as POS Clone from now on ;)

zero_deficit

Getting pretty sick of having to type out 'New breed hi beat 21J movement'. POS Clone it is !

SSTEEL

Its a 25J High Beat POS movement ;)

Hornet

Hey Micky I recognise my POS 2813!

On a recent rep purchase I asked the TD for a QC pic of the movement, this was rejected for the excuse that this would invalidate the factory warranty, I kid you not! Surely we as a community have some influence, could we not demand this? Or would the TDs not want this as they'd get more watches rejected....

.....I fail to see that a TD (the one that the 2813 POS came from...) with +10 years experience does not pick up some knowledge of movements?

SSTEEL

I hear you mate, but its like flogging a dead horse :DeadHorse:

Hornet

I hear you mate, but its like flogging a dead horse :DeadHorse:

Ain't that the truth.....

.....with that particular TD after I'd pointed out the movement wasn't as should be, he kept on denying it could possibly have happened; "Factory on supply Swiss or asian clone, cannot be anything else. I know I have +10 years experience." over and over again.....