Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

Another Aliexpress experiment - very very happy with the outcome. updated with today's delivery

dfq23

Always liked a Tissot and have a gen PRC200 black/yellow that the other half got me for Xmas a few years ago. I have seen Tissot reps on Aliexpress and have heard that the quality on them is really good (loupe stuff from gen) so thought I would order one to see what it is like. I went for the PRS200 T Sport on black leather. Yep I know they are cheap enough to buy anyway but not this cheap...

Well it came this morning and I am bloody amazed! The quality and finish definitely seems on par with my gen. The dial is lovely and has a Tag Carrera Racing vibe to it. Not had the back off but from the features it seems it will have the same ETA G10 movement as the gens. The movement itself costs £35 from Cousins UK as I got one not long ago.

Came with Tissot tags so I assume that unless you go to an AD, it's likely that this is what a lot of places will be selling. Chrono subdials were slightly off when it came, but that was easily sorted by just resetting them with the crown.

The price for this delivered? £53. The seller also had it on steel bracelet for £51 but I picked up a bracelet separately from another seller for £11 so now I can swap it between this and my PRC200 as I fancy.

Now for the crappy phone pics

DSC_0843_zpsda32065a.jpg

DSC_0845_zpsf3b39c05.jpg

DSC_0846_zpsbcd0a756.jpg

Edited by dfq23

wez

Very nice! Good buy, enjoy it :)

<RJ>

Thanks for sharing!

Hazz

For 53 that is a cracker

Health to wear it.

dfq23

Thanks guys. It really is worth more in parts than what it cost as a whole watch. You won't get a decent 19mm leather strap with Tissot deployant for less than 20 quid and like I said the movement is another £35.

If anyone wants a link to the seller feel free to ask

<RJ>

Well, Of course we want the link! :) Is it pm like before?

Kopcap

Wow : a beauty for the price !

and thanks for the link !

dfq23

Took 5 days to the UK by HK post.

The rep bracelet was bit tinny and has hollow end links but then the gen one is tinny and has hollow end links! Gave it a clean and baby oil and much better now. Currently on my PRC200

<RJ>

Thanks for the link. Sometimes its a pita to find the honest sellers. Then when you find them they close soon thereafter.

dfq23

Yep a load have closed in last few weeks that had good stuff. Contacted one and asked why. He didn't say but just gave link to his DHgate store but prices much more than when on Ali

Birdie

Nice watch. I never heard of Aliexpress until now.

wez
Nice watch. I never heard of Aliexpress until now.

It's like Chinese eBay...it's good, but be careful and mindful of what you are buying and from who :)

KarmaToBurn

Congrats on the new piece. Just browser the link and the seller doesn't have a Visodate :(

Cynikal.Mindset

I love aliexpress, I don't even use ebay anymore

Nightbird

Ebay and AE both are good in certain product lineup..I have dealt with both on variety of products and some products can only be found at either one of the sites.

So, research both and go for a merchant with good rating.

One advantage with AE is that they give a tracking # for allmost all the transactions, but they don't accept Paypal.

Cynikal.Mindset

many AE sellers are on ebay too but since the nature of their goods are "sketchy" creative searching is required.

trailboss99

It looks gen because it probably is! My money is on it having come out the back door of the factory.

Genius

Interesting, I have had both good and really bad experiences with aliexpress, but that seller you linked to has a very nice looking Pam going rather cheap at $130

Pharmo

very nice mate! enjoy :)

Actually you have given me an idea...

I have this gen

IMG_6351_zpse38bcf59.jpg

and now am thinking of ordering the same from your seller...

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/100-Original-All-Steel-Strap-Chronograph-Mens-Watch-Sapphire-Glass-Model-T044-417-21-031-00/413728_1356034630.html

just to check out the quality. May even do a side by side comparison here :)

dfq23

Good thinking mate. Pondering one like yours myself for the money.

Have seen some sellers with excellent feedback who offer the PRS516 chrono with 'swiss chip' or 'japan chip' so looks like there are two levels of these reps. Think if you go for ones that say eta, swiss or original movement you will be fine and if not will have grounds for a full refund as Ali are pretty good if things are falsely listed

dfq23

Tried to message ya Pharmo. Your box is full

Tekkes

God damnit pharmo! Now I want that one as well :(

SteveA

Most of the reps shown don't have names on is rthis because they can't or do they have the name on when you get eg a sterile omega rep