Sign in to follow this  
Adamsmith

straps for IWC MARKXVII from timepiecerepublic

Adamsmith

hey guys,

i would like to share the info about straps for IWC

i recently bought an IWC MARK XVII from KW for $133, i will share the experience with you guys later with pics.

and then i ordered straps from timepiecerepublic on ebay for $26, it delivered on time.

after carefully comparison, there are two things that i would like to say.

in my opinion,

1. the straps are brand new, and it worths $26(with plastic smell)

2. it is exactly the same quality with my current straps, which from KW's watch

conclusion,

i think the service of timepiecerepublic is good, straps worth the price.

however, if you ordered one from KW, then you don't have to have another one. from my personal experience, they are exactly the same.

(i dont know about others, but in my case, they are the same)

the photo below was directly shot by my phone, without any special lens or something. the strap is the one comes with the watch from KW, since it is exactly the same with the one i purchased online, so i did not replace it.

wish my post will help.

1_zpsfeff1eb6.jpg

cheers.

Edited by Adamsmith

JSJ

Thanks for the review. It would be great to have some pictures to understand a bit more.

Are you saying the $26 strap from timepiecerepublic has the IWC branding on it and smells of plastic?

I've bought excellent genuine leather straps from timepiecerepublic which didn't have rep branding. I agree their service is first class.

Adamsmith

Thanks for the review. It would be great to have some pictures to understand a bit more.

Are you saying the $26 strap from timepiecerepublic has the IWC branding on it and smells of plastic?

I've bought excellent genuine leather straps from timepiecerepublic which didn't have rep branding. I agree their service is first class.

no, the straps have no branding on it.

here is the link :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-22mm-Genuine-Leather-Strap-Portuguese-Band-IWC-PILOT-Black-J3-/400538931811?pt=US_Watch_Bands&hash=item5d41fb1263

greg_r

Moved to the straps section.

Del

I've bought from timepeicerepublic before too and found their straps to be good value, although they are mostly still budget straps. I think your point is well made though and it reinforces my belief that there has been a general improvement in rep straps over the past couple of years.

Adamsmith

Moved to the straps section.

thanks for that.

i'll post my topic in the right section next time.

Adamsmith

I've bought from timepeicerepublic before too and found their straps to be good value, although they are mostly still budget straps. I think your point is well made though and it reinforces my belief that there has been a general improvement in rep straps over the past couple of years.

:) hah, i think you've got my point.

Libertatia

I agree with this review, until you say its worth the price..... The strap is just a piece of plastic..... No better than the reps.... Wiorth more like $10, I have rep straps which are better than this junk.....

Adamsmith

I agree with this review, until you say its worth the price..... The strap is just a piece of plastic..... No better than the reps.... Wiorth more like $10, I have rep straps which are better than this junk.....

i agree with you.

well, $26 is the market price, the cost price is even lower than $10.

and i did not even put it on, well, still lots of people love their products.

that's why i said it only worth the price. i guess the rest of the value comes from "iwc style"

Russkiy Doc

Adamsmith

I bought a strap with deployment clasp from timepiecerepublic and I"m happy. It is leather ... and looks and smells like leather, not plastic. Doesn't feel cheap. Clasp is very quality. Fit on watch is exact. As good as any other quality strap I've bought. No IWC branding but I didn't expect to see IWC branding. I guess YMMV with straps.

well, nice photo, i guess that's because you spend a lot more than i did.

mine is a $26 one :)

Doomsday

Thanks for the info, I'm thinking of getting a better step out of habit.

I will just live with the rep. strap, it actually wears comfortably and looks good.

higginsd
I bought a strap with deployment clasp from timepiecerepublic and I"m happy. It is leather ... and looks and smells like leather, not plastic. Doesn't feel cheap. Clasp is very quality. Fit on watch is exact. As good as any other quality strap I've bought. No IWC branding but I didn't expect to see IWC branding. I guess YMMV with straps. IWC3777-B.jpg

Your strap looks very good! How much did you pay? Can you place a ref link here?

Russkiy Doc

Russkiy Doc

higginsd

oops, I missed that thread. Thank you for posting the links.