Sign in to follow this  
time_keeper

Hardcore Pawn

kromp

The show is not scripted. Les confirmed that for me. The customers on the show do know they are being taped, and by acting out, they have a better chance of being on tv... But it is not scripted.

Do you live in the Detroit area. The shop is about 5 miles from where I work. Always thought about going there to see what kind of watches they have but haven't done so yet.

DO IT! I would if I'm in the neighborhood. Always wanted to meet a TV celebrity (if they are around).

I wouldn't go so far as to put them in the celebrity category. From what I've seen, it's an absolutely terrible show.

I agree it's a terrible show, but the Ghetto folks that comes in the shop makes it Funny!

It also helps deter me from ever wanting to go to Detroit. Great sports, lots of history, just not somewhere I'd want to visit.

I do live in the burbs. I met Les, Seth and Ashley at a function, and talked with them at length.

Say what you want about the show, but Les is a brilliant man with a helluva business sense. His book, "For What it's Worth" will never be a best seller, but is worth reading if you want to know more about the man, the business, and his family values.

Seth is also a really smart, nice guy. The only issue I have with him is that he is a U of M fan.

This family knows where it came from, knows its customer base, and recognizes that they need to take advantage of this 15 minutes of fame.

They do have some nice things in the shop, however and lot of their nicer pieces are sold on Fleabay.

It's worth a drive down there.... Check it out.