stofftier

Good to know thank you

nole4ever

Great advice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Letitlose

Lovely threat and fruitful

Heath

Must agree that communiction us key .. Understanding that these TDs did not grow up in the Bronx.   Avoid colloquialism and other endearing illiteracies(I would avoid referring to  him as My Nigga.)  Remember, there is both quality and junk in China and you are paying the TD to sort it for you.   

Best regards

• Like 1

Hashesonhashes

:Applause:

slashdotcom

man, that was amazing topic. Unfortunately i learned everything from my errors

jackmac

Fantastic read very informative :)

thanking you

Watchman307

Trying to avoid the pitfalls of newbdom! Thx

Chippy

Good infobhere, good sharing 

Octarine

Great info. I just joined and I’m lurking and reading as much as I can. 

stento

Great post, Thanks for taking the time to do this :Applause:

Gffplummer

Thanks for the post, just looking into buying my first rep from a TD and great insight.

I understand the TD's prefer credit card over Debit card, why is this?

I also understand they quote 20-30 odd working days not including weekends, why does it take 4-6 weeks to arrive?

Cheers

Gaz

Glaude
3 hours ago, Gffplummer said:

I also understand they quote 20-30 odd working days not including weekends, why does it take 4-6 weeks to arrive?

Cheers

Gaz

Hi !

I don't recall a mention about TD preferring credit over debit cards, but be aware that direct Card payment can add fees, best to look at other payment methods such as WU

I think the days you are referring to are just a general statement, depending on your location, it usually takes 2 weeks to a month to arrive :) 

Gffplummer

Thanks Glaud, appreciate the insight

GulfGT40

Thankyou, read and understood.

judas9r

Thanks for the lesson. After looking at watches that members have purchased and reviewed, I picked out and jumped in feet first on a seamaster 300 Spectre. I have zero expectations if i like what i get I'll set about building a collection. Cheers guys.

Joker68

Good information to learn about

Thanks 

BadApple
On 09/08/2018 at 11:12, Gffplummer said:

Thanks for the post, just looking into buying my first rep from a TD and great insight.

Cheers

Gaz

Thick Cunt.

5 working days in a week so 20 = 4 and 30 = 6

Stabstarr

Great thread... Thanks for the advice.

Since it was written in 2014 is there anything that has changed? I'm sure there are nuances here worth mentioning?

Glaude
6 hours ago, Stabstarr said:

Great thread... Thanks for the advice.

Since it was written in 2014 is there anything that has changed? I'm sure there are nuances here worth mentioning?

Nope still 100% valid observations and guidelines

Bubonico

Thanks for the time invested trying to stop us of making mistakes.

Great advices. I will follow m.

BoobBandit

This article is the tits! Tits Mcgee! Thanks a bunch 

BlueberryFish

Was following the tips except for the picture part, I just linked back to their topic on rwg with the watch instead.

Now I just need someone with a Speedy in stock ^.^

Rolex2020
On 18/06/2014 at 19:51, Tits McGee said:

I've been a member of this forum for nearly 3 years now and have learned a few things about ordering from TD's. Please allow me to impart a bit of what I have learned about TD's, expectations, and this forum.

I, like many noobs, jumped right in and began ordering watches from TD's BEFORE I thoroughly educated myself by reading and asking questions. I had many disappointments but in general, I've been pretty lucky. I've never had a DOA but have had a few with problems. I estimate I've ordered nearly 100 (total) new watches from all the TD's listed here. The few (6) I had problems with were ordered from dealers elsewhere. Therefore, I'll list a few of the things I ALWAYS DO now.

1) Identify, then RESEARCH the watch I want. RESEARCH means asking questions about the model I want in threads or by PM's, using the search bar on the top of every page is necessary. Establish relationships here and use the membership HERE to ask questions. I do my homework first, THEN once I'm sure I know what I want I contact a TD and inquire. Again, I always ask questions HERE first.

2) Contacting a TD and asking a question about availability requires a picture and communicating in a CLEAR and CONCISE manner. I ALWAYS send the TD a picture of what I want. I NEVER rely on their websites. In fact, I sometimes send a picture from a competitors website. I send a picture, ask specifics about the movement I want, case size, bracelet or strap, etc. No matter what your primary language is, ALWAYS send a picture of what you want. If I've done my RESEARCH, and if I've sent my PICTURE, I can almost always expect a clear answer from the TD. I have been told many many times the watch I want is unavailable. I then move on to my next TD and inquire the same way. By communicating in this manner, I have never had a TD accept my payment only to find later the watch is unavailable. Again, I've been lucky. If I've done my RESEARCH BEFORE I contact the TD, I can pretty much know what the status is before I inquire. Not always though, but the membership here is generally more than aware of who has what and is by far my best resource for information.

3) I DO NOT rely on TD's websites. Again, I DO NOT rely on TD's websites to be representative of the watch I want. I'm skeptical about QC pics also but that's just me. Have you ever seen a Burger King TV commercial where they show a real tasty burger with all the fixings? Then you go through the drive thru only to receive a cardboard box filled with slop that looks nothing like what you saw on TV. What you see on TV and TD websites is advertising. I tend to frequent restaurants my friends have told me are good. Same with the TD's. If I've done my RESEARCH correctly, I probably won't receive a bad meal.

4) I have learned to LOWER MY EXPECTATIONS. Why? Because I essentially have no recourse anyway. A TD here is simply a middleman who has earned a certain amount of trust within this forum. Nothing more. The Admins and Mods have deemed that TD is worthy to be called a TD, simply because the membership here have generally had good experiences with him. The TD's don't make the damn watches. They scoot around in the shadows of shady backstreet illegal businesses and find us higher quality watches than the open air markets. They're middlemen who generally don't carry large amounts of inventory. You ask for it and they go get it for you. Pretty simple. They're not a watch store at the mall. UPS doesn't deliver their inventory either.

5) If I have a problem with a TD or a watch I have received, I first take a PICTURE of the issue, take a deep breath, and humbly and appropriately communicate my issue to the TD. I NEVER start a thread whining about my issue. That's just plain stupid. I know that if I do that I'm pretty much on my own. There are people here who will help me IF I follow the forum guidelines. But I generally don't need their help if I've taken a PICTURE and emailed the TD and politely explained why I am not happy. I also realize the TD may not say what I want to hear. THEN I quietly contact a friend or Mod and ask for guidance. I've come to understand that this is not Macy's and I can't return a 30 day old pair of underwear for a full refund. If I have a mechanical issue, I bite the bullet and try to find a rep friendly watch smith. That is just me. Most, if not all TD's, will instruct you to send the watch back at your own expense for repair. But if I had done my RESEARCH properly beforehand I would already have known that.

6) I have learned that the TD feedback section is mostly about communication between the TD & I. I NEVER post negative feedback about post office issues. That is out of the TD's control. I NEVER post negative feedback about a TD unless I have already involved a Mod in my issue and he clears me to post. Delays in answering email inquiries after payment has been sent is a legit complaint. But I ALWAYS wait to post feedback until after I have received my watch. I never post order status reports because......who cares. We've all had to exercise patience. It's part of the deal. If I had done my RESEARCH beforehand I would have known that. If I receive a watch that is DOA or broken, I'll leave that in the feedback section (see #5).

The most important thing I've found about the rep world and this forum in particular is to establish relationships, make friends, ask questions, take pictures, have thick skin, and try not to be an asshole. Even if I think I know better, I still try this approach because if I spin out of control and get my panties in a bundle....I'll have to go it alone. ;)

Fantastic information for a newbi, advice like this saves you all of money and headaches.. seemd like when you purchase a awat h you’ve got to really know what your talking about to the seller

Glaude
32 minutes ago, Rolex2020 said:

Fantastic information for a newbi, advice like this saves you all of money and headaches.. seemd like when you purchase a awat h you’ve got to really know what your talking about to the seller

Another bit of advice : don't quote big mass of text like that, just add your comment ;)