Sign in to follow this  
Tits McGee

They should be outed...

Duzza

Not just noobs guilty of this in my experience.

Tekkes

You also have the people that say: 'I'll take it' and then start asking question after question about the watch, with pm intervals of an hour. and after 5 pm's say, 'ooh, the date changes at 12.05, Nvm, thank you for your answers.'

cogwatch
Imposing a one hour limit isn't a viable solution due to the vast time differences to people at the arse end of the world (like us in Australia).

We're in bloody noddy land whilst the rest of you Westerners are wide awake and going about your daily chores.

I've sometimes emailed a seller with intent to purchase and they're not online at the time.

They respond giving me an hour's notice a few hours after I've retired for the evening..............of course, I'm unlikely to respond.

That doesn't necessarily make me the 'subject' of this thread............or a serial evader.

Just my 2-cents worth.

This is completely understandable. If I'm aware of a time difference, like I send a PM to someone I know is east coast (I'm in California), and I haven't received a reply and I'm going to bed, I'll send another PM saying "I'm going to bed now, I'll send payment first thing in the morning." Proactive communication lets them know you still have full intent to buy. Silence keeps them wondering. Just a thought.

Dr. Jimmy

I personally like the after sales feedback feature that most of the other fora have. Although, that doesn't solve the op's original problem. I vote for a buyers hall of shame thread, or maybe some other kind of feedback system could be implemented, like the "Add to this users reputation" option on RWI.

fraggle42

The 1 hour time limit isn't practical, even if you're in the same country.

I just bought Odyseus' 3777 and he very kindly held it for a few hours until I (woke up at 1am) and paid it.

Very simple things like I PM'd him just after he'd gone down the pub, I always go to bed before 10pm (medical boring reasons), he replied just after 10pm so normally I wouldn't have seen it before Sunday morning. In this case I happened to wake up with a pounding headache at 1am, had a read, saw the PM, paid, sorted.

If I've said I'll take a watch (subject to it being as described, in good working order) and the seller positively confirms the conditions i've asked about, that is it, I won't back out. Ever.

Just good manners and good business innit? If I don't like it, I'll add it to the pile of watches to flip. If it's crap, my fault for not investigating watch & buyer more (but, touch wood, so far I've never bought a turkey so must be doing something right)

NCRich

I'm sorry Tits. I meant to pay but then I saw something shiny that I wanted. I'll try to do better.

court

I've never done this and agree you should out the people that do. Buyers should also be able to out sellers that are pm'd a commitment to buy and don't reply, the only reason you know something is sold is you read it on the sales thread the next day.

I doesn't cost anything to just keep good communication going; both ways.

FuzzyCoyote
Dont sell to noobs and dont wait days for payment. If u say youll take it, you got an hour or so then its on to the next buyer.

Reminds me of the peopld that take forever at atm's, checkout lines... gah!

Exactly. If I send a pm with intent, give me an hour to get the money to you or it's my loss if you sell it to someone else.... Unless you agree to a different set of terms then it's how you want to play the sale.

RUSH2112
Just build a section setup just like eBay.

Post your item.

Highest bidder gets the item.

Or buy it now price.

Easy.

Fast.

No dilly dally.

Not going to happen. No profiteering on this site so higher bidder won't fly. Buy it now price is the price listed in the posting already. Plus, the seller has the right to pick the buyer in any case.

Ah,

I see.

We'll damn, it's a shame grown ass men can be so shady.

Well here's hoping people can change.

Which part is shady?

Yellowbelly

Good idea

And we should do something about the trolls.

HeavyKrush

Maybe one hour is tight, but for me when I say the one hour time limit that only apples if I'm in an active conversation with a potential buyer and he goes silent.

Possible situation... Guy PM's me and says he'll take it. I respond fairly quickly with a question on location, mostly to see if he's still around. No response back within an hour. In the meantime I get an additional "I'll take it". I respond to him with the same question on location. He responds within a few minutes. How long would you wait?

Another one... Guy PM's me he's on the other side of the world, (I've indicated I'm CONUS in my ad and the buyer has a rough knowledge of continental geography). If he really wanted this watch he should give me some sort of ETA on a second response otherwise I'm moving on.

ag69

So far all my reps have been bought through M2M on the various sites, including this one. At the latest, I will either pay after work, don't look at sites while at work, or the next morning. Both of these scenarios occur because the seller is over seas. So, far have lost 1 watch because the seller gave me a 1 hour time frame to pay for the watch since they had other sellers. Saw the pm to late but I don't blame the seller because they need to sell the watch and they should, even though they were committed to selling it to me.

HeavyKrush

Personally I think it's a mistake for a seller to commit to a buyer when the conversations are far flung.

Conex

Yes I agree. It is most annoying.

StormyNight
I personally like the after sales feedback feature that most of the other fora have. Although, that doesn't solve the op's original problem. I vote for a buyers hall of shame thread, or maybe some other kind of feedback system could be implemented, like the "Add to this users reputation" option on RWI.

There's a feedback section here.

Mike on a bike

A couple of points if you see your sellers time zone is off from yours: you PM no answer you are going to bed, tell them that hopefully they will hold. (this is not for active conversations) I always PM “interested" or with a direct question if needed ( I always have to ask about strap/bracelet size unless Nato) or sometimes other things. I do not PM "I'll take it " like some impetuous school boy. On the flip side one hour maybe a bit quick but then again I pay on the spot once we go over things and all good. If I need time I tell seller waiting for funds to clear send tomorrow, or moving money around give a few hours. (Never had a problem with that but for me easy as most guys know me and if they do not quick check by me all good) On some occasions seller was not around and I pulled the trigger on another just PM sorry and tell him that. I am now waiting 10.5 hours for a response from seller RWI and he was on last night put "PM sent” in thread and PMed, about ready to move on.

gB.
Maybe you can use the FuckYou thread over on section 8 for this? ;)

^^^ this

:)

Del Boy

A couple of points if you see your sellers time zone is off from yours: you PM no answer you are going to bed, tell them that hopefully they will hold. (this is not for active conversations) I always PM “interested" or with a direct question if needed ( I always have to ask about strap/bracelet size unless Nato) or sometimes other things. I do not PM "I'll take it " like some impetuous school boy. On the flip side one hour maybe a bit quick but then again I pay on the spot once we go over things and all good. If I need time I tell seller waiting for funds to clear send tomorrow, or moving money around give a few hours. (Never had a problem with that but for me easy as most guys know me and if they do not quick check by me all good) On some occasions seller was not around and I pulled the trigger on another just PM sorry and tell him that. I am now waiting 10.5 hours for a response from seller RWI and he was on last night put "PM sent” in thread and PMed, about ready to move on.

Good advice MoaB.

Also if someone posts some times, check if they are using a different time-zone rather than blabbing your confusion and possibly looking obnoxious... hoping that wasn't the case!

Mike on a bike

There's a feedback section here.

But I can not look up all of your feedback on one page Stormy or your overall count of feedback and whom you dealt with like on RWG forum.(your softwear seems to be just like ours so should work.) If you dealt W/ a friend I can PM and ask "you know him?" or maybe something negative there. Here is one page of mine you see whom I dealt with when and if I bought or sold all at a glance.

Dr Jimmy yes it will work do a negative "PMed I'll take it then disappeared or whatever"

pos.png Jun 14 2014 06:44 AM Great member, highly recommended. Buy with confidence! Buyer: martijnp

pos.png May 23 2014 05:57 PM Top guy to deal with as usual. Thanks MOAB :) Seller: Big Dazza

pos.png May 01 2014 10:15 AM The best there is Buyer: Ezio

pos.png Apr 23 2014 08:12 PM Great guy and a credit to the forum. Deal with confidence. Seller: rionrlty

pos.png Apr 23 2014 03:30 PM Great guy to deal with, lovely watch too. Buyer: Chikara

pos.png Apr 23 2014 02:55 PM Excellent member and trustworthy ambassador to RWG Seller: theiwcroo

pos.png Apr 18 2014 03:49 PM Good guy. Easy seller to deal with and very FAST shipping. Buyer: REPPIN

pos.png Apr 02 2014 08:01 PM Top bloke! Great guy to deal with as always! Seller: Big Dazza

pos.png Mar 26 2014 08:21 PM Thank you Mike for another stellar deal Buyer: Legend

pos.png Mar 24 2014 06:40 PM We all know Mike, so this is kind of unnecessary. But don' Buyer: EMM

pos.png Mar 22 2014 10:46 PM Excellent bracelet, arrived super quick! Thanks :) Buyer: Big Dazza

pos.png Mar 22 2014 10:46 PM Best guy to deal with! Super duper all the way! Cheers buddy :) Seller: Big Dazza

pos.png Mar 21 2014 11:54 AM Very considerate. Tried to save me time on shipping. a++++ Seller: asimplefarmer

pos.png Mar 21 2014 11:53 AM Amazing buyer, fast payment, awesome dude. Seller: asimplefarmer

pos.png Mar 10 2014 01:53 PM Terrific buyer. Sets the bar higher everyday. Seller: dbane883

pos.png Mar 08 2014 09:44 AM Mike is just a fantastic guy to deal with, highly recommended! Seller: ogladio

pos.png Mar 04 2014 02:43 AM Highly recommended Member, a credit to the forum Seller: denimhead

pos.png Feb 18 2014 05:24 PM One of the nicest guys I've had the privilege of meeting.Always there to help Ty Trader: APNoobster

pos.png Jan 04 2014 01:49 AM Fast payment. Smooth transaction. Good communication. A pleasure! Seller: slied013

pos.png Dec 29 2013 12:49 AM Flawless transaction Seller: Inertiadrifter

Also next to my name how many I have positive or negative on all my posts.

Diamond Club Bouncer/RaffleMeister

StormyNight

Ah right.

NFleischer

This seems to be how a lot of people act nowadays, not only here. I think it's part of the whole Internet/Social Media Syndrome. I find it very hard to get people

to do jobs, return phone calls, show up on time, etc.

People (especially some young ones) don't seem to take any transaction that seriously. They don't have to follow up, there aren't many consequences. If worse comes

to worse, they can always offer a weak "I'm sorry". People are also easy to trash things on the comments section for any restaurant, hair salon, doctor's office, on sites

like Yelp. I think they're rigged anyway, the more $$ you give them, the better the reviews seem to be.

Tits McGee

Unless I am told otherwise, I will begin to post ridiculous lowball offers and disappearances after an "I'll take it" PM, along with the name of the culprit in the feedback section.

Del Boy

I hate this. I don't like to take the piss, so I'm honest and offer something fair. With people I've dealt with before or those with good reputations my offer is always good as I don't want to play table tennis.

I've only missed out on 2 M2M watches. One was withdrawn after quite a while, so was obv too expensive. The other was for a mate and I couldn't justify paying more, it did go for more than I offered, about £5 I guess... Fair enough.

You are asking 235 to EU, even if you knock 35 off for the strap then the buyer is expecting a 25% discount on a mint watch that is already discounted by a fair amount. You could've asked for 250 but you were fair and didn't. I hate low ballers like this because it upsets genuine sellers such as yourself. If its a fair deal then take it or offer a little less, don't offer over 20% less for an already good deal!!!!

Rant over!

DB

Realism

I low ball my gen dealers all the time to probe their lower prices.... they were never that upset to write me a nice thread on trf

Necromancer

Agree entirely with the no payment/no contact issue,

but regarding 'lowball' offers, nothing to get all upset about.

Just grow a pair, ignore (or reply to offer accordingly) and move on.

There are a lot more important things in life to worry about...