Sign in to follow this  
conlia98

Crooked text on Panerai Luminor

conlia98

Hi

Didnt want to post this in the TD's forum because want to get my facts straight on it first, ordered a PAM 312O Seagull and have been happy with it all week. Happily showing it off and someone goes, yeah thats well fake look at the text along the top its on an angle. Ever since that point its annoyed the hell out of me. On him noticing it i had a look on google got some images off the panerai site and yeah the text was straight, but the images looked a bit too clean so i had a bit of a deeper look and came across this youtube video

Now maybe my eyes are just seeing things now, and maybe its the minute markers are not completely level but that text looks a little bit crooked to me on the gen so i was thinking maybe its supposed to flow that way? Ive attached an image of mine, sorry its rubish iphone quality with red lines to illustrate the angle the text is in.

http://imgur.com/JM1rMvx

i took a screenshot from the youtube vid and compared it to mine and they do seem to match up, but on the panerai site its dead straight. Just feel so disheartened because i really love the watch and now i just feel a bit miffed about it

Genius
someone goes, yeah thats well fake look at the text along the top its on an angle.

Whoever said that SLAP THEM.... HARD.... MAYBE WITH A BRICK...

honestly it may be ever so slightly out but how anyone noticed beats me.

I say enjoy the watch it looks really nice. Or if you really can't enjoy it anymore send it to me straight away and I will enjoy out for you!

Genius

Also think you posted this in the wrong place

kayser2705

Looks fine to me.

agntkerr

Seriously? You do know you bought a REP, right?

houndoggie

It's straight.

houndoggie

Your fucking lines are crooked.

PhillyRock

A rep is worn FOR YOU and the passing comments are always a *perk* but if you allow someone to study it and take a hard look at it, better hope you didn't qualify it as a Gen.

Of course reps will always have "tells", and quite frankly the fact that it's off by the thickness of the print isn't a big deal.

Still looks stunning to me.

Cynikal.Mindset

That was my take from the illustration

Hornet

a) the text looks absolutely fine and b) if you bought a rep (i.e. a counterfeit watch....) and are upset that someone has (probably by accident....) stumbled onto the this fact then you're not going to enjoy this hobby! I'm quite happy to show people my reps and tell them it's a Chinese copy.....

.....I love the watches themselves and don't care that they aren't the real thing (that I couldn't afford!).

Lagger

Looks fine to me

PhillyRock

Judging by the photograph and the angle of the watch, you would need to super impose a grid over the face to be sure.

By your photo red lines are straight but the watch is high on the 3o'clock side which would make the print off level.

Rotate the picture down on the 3 side about two widths of the 3 o'clock lume mark.

Just eyeballing it that's what I've come up with,

conlia98

Cheers for the comments lads, just to say i wasnt trying to pass it off as a genuine i think the people i was showing it to thought you could pick a gen up in argos anyway! The picked it up and pointed out the text straight away, it just kind of irked me that i didnt spot it i suppose. I know what you guys are saying its a rep and it will have flaws and i agree, but it just one of those annoying stereotypical flaws which i wish i noticed on the QC Pics (which were placed on an angle!)

Ill do a grid on it later, the lines are straight though. It wont take the enjoyment away from wearing it keeps the time and switches the date great but just took the magic away from it thats all.

greg_r

Not an intro. Moved to General.

BaggyPants

Straightened the image for you and added some boxes:

logo_zpscff1d437.jpg

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Panerai dials often create an illusion that things are off kilter. It's the same on gens.

StormyNight

Are those red boxes level? They don't look it to me.

BaggyPants

Cheeky sod! Yes they are. It's the easiest way to get two parallel lines, using boxes in Adobe Illustrator :)

greg_r

Cheers for the comments lads, just to say i wasnt trying to pass it off as a genuine i think the people i was showing it to thought you could pick a gen up in argos anyway! The picked it up and pointed out the text straight away, it just kind of irked me that i didnt spot it i suppose. I know what you guys are saying its a rep and it will have flaws and i agree, but it just one of those annoying stereotypical flaws which i wish i noticed on the QC Pics (which were placed on an angle!)

Ill do a grid on it later, the lines are straight though. It wont take the enjoyment away from wearing it keeps the time and switches the date great but just took the magic away from it thats all.

If you're worried about that, then think yourself lucky you didn't buy this...

pamcantcount.jpg

Oh, and yes - that's a genuine Panerai...

Honestly, I dunno what the fuss is about. Doesn't matter whether you missed it on the QC pics - that's well within acceptable limits IMO.

rawbaws

Greg - is that seriously a Gen?

greg_r

Greg - is that seriously a Gen?

Yep - sure is.

Chavezzito

pamcantcount.jpg

:) took my a while but I saw it :D

This should be worth a lot of money!!

StormyNight

They missed the "i" off Ferrari? ;)

kromp

Wow. Dyslexia.

Ddeeffiinnee

I second that!

Btw, I'm also tempted to change the title of this thread to: Crooked lines on Panerai Luminor

And don't your listen to 85genius, give it to me instead to enjoy...

On a serious note, just chill.... It's a nice one you have there...

Greg: Interesting and scary?.. Maybe it's used to keep time on some other planet? ...

Cynikal.Mindset

pamcantcount.jpg

:) took my a while but I saw it :D

This should be worth a lot of money!!

what am I missing???