Sign in to follow this  
Steve AKA Creamedcage

Change of opinion

Steve AKA Creamedcage

Since joining this forum I couldn’t understand why collectors would buy a Frank Muller watch. I just didn’t get it. Now I can’t take my eyes of them and also I am in the middle of buying one. I know there are many Pam converters, is there anyone else who has changed their mind since joining RWG?

Steve

Nisv

I know exactly what you mean.

Fortunately my lack of funds keeps my buying spree at bay.

:(

BentleySharp

Absolutely.

I used to think "How could anyone wear those ass-ugly Audimars Piguet... Blaaach!"

Now I think the Royal Oak 15400, 15300, etc... are some of the most timelessly styled watches ever designed and are a testament to the deep genius of Gerald Genta.

...I'm wearing my 15400 right now :)

Derek Mc

Me!!! I have changed views inexplicably on many brands since joining. I think it's more a rite of passage PMSL :giggle:

ffc1

Exactly the same...I first saw the hour jumper and thought it was hideous.....I am this close to pulling the trigger and getting one just for the fun of it.

Has anyone got one and can offer a view on it?

myaz

Inexplicably, I am one of these that "converted" to PAMs, it happened insidiously.

Not That Rich

Absolutely.

I used to think "How could anyone wear those ass-ugly Audimars Piguet... Blaaach!"

Now I think the Royal Oak 15400, 15300, etc... are some of the most timelessly styled watches ever designed and are a testament to the deep genius of Gerald Genta.

+1 I have a 15400 on it's way in.

Mr Stubbs

I'll admit I converted to the temptation of Panerai after obsessing for years over Omegas, but I struggle with the appeal of FM's.

It's a bit of a dress watch, fashion watch or a status watch; not a sports or tool watch.

What ever floats your boat, enjoy it! :D

You'll never see a thread complaining that the text is off or the lume isn't quite right!

:beer2:

JSJ

Yes, I've had exactly this change. Mainly Rolex for me, amongst others. I came here not giving a toss about the best sub and now I have one. Prefer the DSSD and I really like my white Explorer II.

That JLC Navy Seal in M2M is looking tasty I must say.

No Pams yet. Still don't get it.

myaz

You'll never see a thread complaining that the text is off or the lume isn't quite right!

^ well said. Though I did get one with bad lume, looked like the faint lume on a 30 year old watch while the hands glowed bright. WI immediately sent me a replacement dial and hands.

Steve AKA Creamedcage

Whats an hour jumper?

hnic

yup

never thought i'd buy a Rolex rep

loved the brand but because every time i saw a Rolex i assumed it was a rep

didnt feel like buying one

now.. ive just bought on of the best (modded) models and my personal favorite

cant wait to put it on my wrist

the frank muller thing i dont understand though :)

ffc1

Sorry "Crazy Hour"

Steve AKA Creamedcage

Thanks. I'm gonna have to get one.

speirsro

I've been converted to PAMs and just trying to decide which will be my first...

I did think, when I joined, that a Rolex would be on my list to buy but have been totally put off pretty much all of them. I look at the VinRo thread and just think "No...".

I do have a Hublot BB, though, so can appreciate they're not to everyone's taste.

elp

Sorry "Crazy Hour"

I bought one for my wife at Christmas and made her a couple custom straps. It's a great watch, the "jumping" is a real conversation-starter, and the movement a reliable 21J.

WP_20131220_050_zps09040281.jpg

N.Rico

i have change my opinion so many times about watches :giggle: since i am here in the forum , i arrived with my passion for pams now i am a fan of pams , audemars ,frank mullers ....and more ,i know i may have some problem :giggle: ,but if you wants a piece go for it , i love my FM salmon dial !

your mind will change every time you open this forum and every time you see the wristweek tread .IMG_7366_zps212a8083.jpg

fraggle42

Converted to Pams, converted to APs, converted from Rolex (too small), converter to gen micro brands too.

myaz

Whats an hour jumper?

I think you've figured it by now, ffc1 meant that the hour hand on a crazy hours jumps 5 positions every hour.

kromp

Converted to Pams. The 512 is my favorite, but I can remember when I first saw it, I was not a fan. Haven't caught the FM bug yet, but I know to never say never....

RUSH2112

I had a Casablanca and loved it. It was quartz and I needed funds so I moved it. Heavy, solid watch. I never heard of Pams until i joined rwi and here but my 417 Firenze is one of my favorite watches but I only need 1 I have found.

Soldie

FM rocks.wife and I both have crazy hours and I have Casablanca. Next, an AP ode to Genta.