Pseudonym

Comparison: Rolex GMTIIC 116710LN - Rep Vs Gen [PIC HEAVY]

yoyo123

If you popped a gen crystal on this sucker, you would have the ultimate rep!

Most people don't even know what they are looking for. Mostly WE are the ones who know the tells. Wear it confidently!

tomo

I love these side by side reviews. Especially when a gen is involved. Thanks for taking the time to do this. :)

Ishmael

Holy crap that Pussy Galore GMT is outSTANDing! What is that - some kind of crystal cover over the bezel insert??

Pseudonym
Holy crap that Pussy Galore GMT is outSTANDing! What is that - some kind of crystal cover over the bezel insert??

Are your eyes painted on or did you skip the text & go right to the pics like I normally do?!? :giggle

It's Bakelite mate.

Ishmael

Are your eyes painted on or did you skip the text & go right to the pics like I normally do?!? :giggle

It's Bakelite mate.

Read most. Missed the Bakelite. Quite lovely.

Pseudonym

It's Bakelite mate.

For sure... Wonder how much one of these would go for? The insert I mean? Hmmm... Goes to google.

Ishmael

It's Bakelite mate.

For sure... Wonder how much one of these would go for? The insert I mean? Hmmm... Goes to google.

Full report! May influence my next purchase!

Pseudonym

Gens varie from $12,000 to $268,000... Depending on the watch in question. Didn't find a bezel only price :(

Ishmael

Ya looking to spent just a wee bit less than $12k. ;)

BentleySharp

Great reveiw and comparison!

The rep is an amazing likeness to the gen.

Since we're being hyper-critical here, there's one difference you didn't point out, which is the dial font on the gen is the slightest bit thicker and just a hair's width spaced closer...No one would ever (Ever) be able to tell unless they are right next to each other and they had their eyeball pressed against the crystal, but, since we're being hyper-critical...

Still, this is a remarkable replica.

Rg500

Fantastic review Rob, thanks for taking the time to do it. I have been looking at getting a ceramic GMT master and wondering how close the reps are to gen... I'll get a gen one of these days but for now I think a noob is the way to go.

Frazzle

A great read here Rob, thanks for commuting the time to this thread. For me it has to be the vintage Pepsi, and one day just one day I will pick up an RA special!

N.Rico

VERY GOOD ! thanks for the review ,

like my brother says , at 60 miles per hour nobody can tell if its a REP or GEN :giggle: .

Clinkinfo
If you popped a gen crystal on this sucker, you would have the ultimate rep!

Most people don't even know what they are looking for. Mostly WE are the ones who know the tells. Wear it confidently!

You are 100 percent correct!

I have a gen explorer II and I didn't even know which hand stack my gen had UNTIL I started reading about them here!

echopapa

How does one get ahold of or shop with the guy who made this rep?

fatarms

How does one get ahold of or shop with the guy who made this rep?

Pretty much any trusted dealer can get this watch. Trusted dealer link is at the top of every page in this forum.

Clinkinfo

Thanks for taking the time to do this detailed comparison. These are the exact type of threads we are looking for when comparison shopping the reps.

dasher22de

Great Job, Thanks!

nuvolablue

Great comparison. Thanks Op.

Letitlose

Loved it thanks

Urminme

Hey so why do photobucket pictures never show up on the forum when I'm reading posts? They just say "3rd party hosting has temporarily been disabled" not sure if this has been answered or not

Stufuse

Only 4 Years late to this post, love a good comparison, photos are great. Amazing how close they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letitlose

Direct.into the point

Newrepfan86

great honest review thank you