Sign in to follow this  
Ska

Panerai 183 Lume and Cannon Pinion Tutorial by Skathewatch. (PIC HEAVY)

TAGster

Outstanding job, writing, thread and photos!!!

Lots of kudos for you mate!!

And thanks for doing this how-to, it just encourage me to finally decide to do the lume to my 112, thanks!!

KeNnY

I enjoyed your beauty work ! really like the blue lume ! Nicely done ! :lol:

KBH

Great tute, Ska. That was one ugly watch before you transformed it from the ugly duckling into a swan.

Don't understand one thing though, sounds like you're putting the second hand on the canon pinion. I'm pretty sure you mean the minute hand.

"14. To get the top of the seconds hand to fit flush with the top of the CP turn it over and use some very fine grit abrasive paper to sand down the tube almost to the bottom surface of the hand. I used 2000 grit aluminium oxide paper (and forgot to take a photo. Dammit.)"

Ska
Great tute, Ska. That was one ugly watch before you transformed it from the ugly duckling into a swan.

Don't understand one thing though, sounds like you're putting the second hand on the canon pinion. I'm pretty sure you mean the minute hand.

"14. To get the top of the seconds hand to fit flush with the top of the CP turn it over and use some very fine grit abrasive paper to sand down the tube almost to the bottom surface of the hand. I used 2000 grit aluminium oxide paper (and forgot to take a photo. Dammit.)"

Er yeah - that should read "minute hand"!! :thumbsup2:

KBH

Apparently I'm the only one who paid attention! :thumbsup2:

dingle
Apparently I'm the only one who paid attention! :thumbsup2:

:)

everybody else was scanning thru looking for pics of Sam......:Whistle:

warcelo

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2:

watchmetick

Bravo - Bravo. The skill set here is fantastic. I still dont see the draw to the PAM's yet, but I just got here less than a month ago.. Gimme time..

bob bean

Great work Ska, lovely pictures too.

A really informative and humorous tute.

Almost the same way I would have done it, the only difference is you didn't seem to use the ball-peen hammer and locking pliers that I end up using.

The first time I had to fix the keyless works, the leaf spring under the plate did pop off, as I wasn't VERY careful, but was found in our carpet by my wife. Nothing gets past her.

mondeov6

Woowww!!! Great tutorial, I am impressed! :thumbsup2:

And as always.... f*****g amazing pictures!!!

Aren

Amazing tutorial and fantastic photos. Really interesting process and gorgeous outcome on the lume. Thank you! This watch is actually on my wish list. I like the simple and sophisticated retro look. This watch has it's own style and elegance.

speedzmaster

This write-up gets :wub::johng::dunno::johng::lol: out of 5!

Awesome!

Tressles61

I didn't have any luck using the glow inc. pure blue on the hands. At 35-65 microns I found it to be too coarse. How did you overcome that Ska?

Sasa

Great Work Bro!

capice

great tut m8, thanks for sharing

Carpe_Diem

Damn...

I know its a old thread, but I just read this, and i just had to reply to it.

Great work Ska, this is an great tutorial with awesome pictures. :lol:

KeNnY

Ska your Work is SIMPLY AMAZING ! Also your photographs makes me want to BUY that Panerai !! I have returned to this topic, because the Blue lume on this watch is AWESOME ! Please, how much your lume costs ? I wondering to mix it with my blue lume, to get something ULTIMATE :thumbsup2:

Anhel

Kudos. Very Gut tutorial!Thanks.

Cheers

Bibicu

WTF...noob tutorial?....are you crazy mate?....this is perfect...you are the master and i would gladly trust any of my reps to you for a job like this.

Congratulations my friend

Odyseus

Does anyone happen to know which of Mary's pam's this tutorial is using??

Cheers

John

JohnPilot

I can't help me from repating: This is a great tutorial. Very useful. My favorite.

asnar

Learned a lot man! Thanks !!

GenTLe

Bump!

Thanks Ska! I was just searching for confirmation that the lume binder is in reality extremely expensive standard poliuretanic lacquer :D

PS: here you cracked me :D

I covered the open watch with a very expensive and rare antique dust shield, this was actually handed down to me by my late great grandfather. I believe he won it in a Poker match against A. Lange and Sohne on a paddle steamer in 1936. I'm selling it for £50,000 on RG next week

ByranM

Wow, I do a bit of electronic work here and there but I have to say, your work bench is impressive. I'd love to get a microscope like you have for working on small parts. Your photos look fantastic, but the first one appears to be missing?

dudermania

Legendary Ska - your posts are a treat to read as always. Just the look of your bench makes a phillistine like myself want to kill myself. I usually spend half a day trying to find my springbar remover around the house... :boxedin: