Sign in to follow this  
kiikasi

What do you guys do for a living?

kiikasi

A watch hobby can get pretty pricey, so I'm just wondering: what do you guys do for a living? Do you have kids? I'm just curious :chatty:

UmpaHimself

No kids and other expensive hobbies too. Got to have priorities I guess :lol: Can't really talk about my job too much but don't worry, it's not very interesting.

abs0025

Junior partner at a lawfirm doing litigation work. No wife and kids yet, but maybe in the future. My watches are my children for now :lol:

derzenit

No kids and other expensive hobbies too. Got to have priorities I guess :lol: Can't really talk about my job too much but don't worry, it's not very interesting.

Spotted the Fed ? :D

Im working in marketing and as a web design freelancer.

cwazy1

some members have kids and other expenses, while others are single and livin the dream. Everyone is different and I think watches are a very cross age hobby, especially reps where even the most exotic pieces barely top 1000$

that being said, I personally have no kids and no real expenses other than basic living, food, and car.

I do PM work at a tech firm..

GenTLe

I'm tech responsible for my country IT infrastructure of a company producing the most famous sugared-brown-sparkling soft drink...

But here in my bloody country this doesn't mean (at all) a good salary, in respect to north EU or US standards (I'm speaking about less then 40k$/year, which is even condidered a good one, here).

For the rest: no wife, and an ex living with my little one 1600km far.

My colleague jokes me that I've Obsessive–compulsive disorder about the watches :D

Edited by GenTLe

TheInthusiest

Actor, athlete and working at our families jewelry store part time. :)

Bushy

I was wondering this the other day, less so regarding the amount of spare income people have but more about whether people's interest in watches in general stems from being in certain working environments. After all I spend more time with colleagues than friends!! I'm Principal Transport Planner within a engineering consultancy, & other than my Director nobody gives two hoots about watches frankly! Lol

SteveA

Married,kids,mortgage,2cars,2houses(one abroad)lots of the usual expenses but an understanding wife when it comes to watches.Iam another that can't disclose my job

speirsro

This was my exact answer. Lol

Minh7410

Medical student, retired Insurance underwriter, and my family owns a chain of salons.

James.

Kindergarten teacher and professional cat herder it seems at times. In my down time im studying to become a professional obfuscator.

UmpaHimself

Spotted the Fed ? :D

Im working in marketing and as a web design freelancer.

Lmao, not even close. Would probably be more interesting. Although I bet there are a few people amongst these fora that shouldn't be. I work in the tech industry.

Other than my Director nobody gives two hoots about watches frankly! Lol

Same here. Out of all my family, friends and coworkers, really only my father and two or three friends even remotely care about watches and it rarely gets brought up in public places. I think for many, the age of the wrist watch has died. But on the other hand there has been a resurgence, specifically in mechanical watches by affordable brands like Invicta and the lot. In addition, the luxury watch industry seems to be chugging along strong as ever.

This was my exact answer. Lol

It's never as good as it sounds right? :lol:

speirsro

Obfuscator??

Sounds painful. Ha.

TheSav

I'm mentoring James on how to become a professional obfuscator. Due to his main profession as a kindergarten teacher I use crayons to get my point across. In my spare time I kick his cats.

RussP
I'm mentoring James on how to become a professional obfuscator. Due to his main profession as a kindergarten teacher I use crayons to get my point across. In my spare time I kick his cats.

Ditto,

But I don't like to talk about it.

RP.

marressey

I'm in the media business (won't go into details). Wife, three kids, mortgage etc. I used to dream of having a COLLECTION of watches. But now I'm slimming down. Selling the ones I don't wear. What's the use in having 12 watches when you only ever wear 5 of them?

Seand83

Project Manager for a Plumbing Company. Married with a 3 month year old little girl and could not be happier.

George.

Assassin

GenTLe

Assassin

Lol, so you're easy life to reply to the question "Is that a gen?" in this way "Dunno man, I took it off the wrist of a dead guy..." :D

marressey

Assassin

Lol, so you're easy life to reply to the question "Is that a gen?" in this way "Dunno man, I took it off the wrist of a dead guy..." :D

:lmao: :lmao:

MetalMickey

I am an International Man of Mystery.

D_Chico

As far as you guys are concerned I'm in the real estate business, I'm an agent and I also manage the other agent's at my office.. but on the secret side of things I'm an international spy....shhhh don't tell anyone ;) I may have to kill you now... Hmmm...I guess if you just buy a house from me I'll spare you :giggle:

George.

Assassin

You betcha!