Sign in to follow this  
kiikasi

What do you guys do for a living?

rusky27

Actually the second pic one is worth quite a bit for one in good nick

Yelow69

Wife, three kids, two dogs, garage full of European cars, I'm living the American dream. BTW I investigate and manage liabilities for a Fortune 500.

Garage full of European cars?....

russian-cars-tuning-11.jpg

bmw-isetta-05.jpg

1987-Yugo-GV-Sport-01.jpg

Here's two of them, hater. Lol

598F4E69-D31D-46F4-BA67-819BB39E9B6D_zpsxnzbggcb.jpg

36C303F4-0103-42C2-8721-C0E2FB461981_zpsamtzc7wh.jpg

derzenit

@Yellow: I really love that 912 a truly amazing car. Im driving a Range myself for the past years and recently upgraded to 2013 model it´s a

pretty huge interieur upgrade!

Edited by derzenit

GenTLe

THIS!

Radial-Engine-Goggomobile.jpg

KingSly

Red one looks like the bubble car off American pickers

BentleySharp

Here's two of them, hater. Lol

Not hating. Just havin' a laugh :)

Old Porsches are great little cars. I love em. When I was a bit younger, about 15 years ago, I had this project car that I built. Well, to be honest I bought it about half done and finished it.

It was a 1971 VW Super Beetle. It had extensive body and frame customization. The frame was stretched. The fenders were reworked so they were more streamline. The rear seats were pulled out along with all the interior trim and replaced with diamond plate aluminum sheet and black vinyl and a roll bar was welded behind the two front seats. What really made it look mean was the roof had been chopped down and lowered in the front so that it had just a 6" tall vertical windshield. The VW engine was swapped with an engine from a Porsche 911 along with the H pattern transmission. It was painted bright yellow with blue flames on the front. It was just a blast to drive.

That was the car that really was responsible for getting me interested in cars (Because I was always underneath it every weekend fixing a broken valve spring or tinkering with the carbourators or fixing the oil cooler (which would have a habit of leaking :lol: )

DD_Ash

Really sorry, but I just couldn't resist this.

I'm a regional/strategic lead for a national literacy charity in the UK - if you've had kids in the last 10 years you've probably had free books and resource bags from us at various points.

Manage the south of England, spend a coupla days a week away from home and a coupla days every few weeks overniting at head office in London working on projects.

hehe, busted for lazy 'text' talk!!

Nicely done black263, though you did let me get away with a 'coupla' other ones . . . . :giggle:

Yelow69

912 is a 66 I restored myself. It's like driving a high powered go cart. Will have to wait a while on a new Range but your right that interior is futuristic and the horsepower rivals or exceeds most sports cars.

Yelow69

Below is what I can do with a classic car but opening up an automatic watch seems terrifying to me.

F4AF6DCC-449B-46C0-95E6-36E7727E070E_zpszwywljow.jpg

D64FF572-6075-4433-8732-DD590C95EB8E_zpsrmglipvi.jpg

Binky1992

Customs Officer

DarkGlass

Unemployed; never worked, but I do have Sky, 6 kids and live off of everyone elses tax contributions. Happy days

onionbag

I've recently retrained and am now a sign riter.........

hnic

working with criminal youngsters

try to get their lives back on track

free of addiction, depts, agression, jail etc

got 2 kids of my own

no more expensive hobby's than watches

MikeAlmighty

Powerball Lotto retiree

NCRich

Below is what I can do with a classic car but opening up an automatic watch seems terrifying to me.

I had a '67 912 back in the day. Ugliest color of road paint yellow I've ever seen. Really, really underpowered. Didn't matter, at the time I loved it.

court

Wife, four kids, 15,000 plus 45s and a shitty data analysts job. God knows how I manage lol

Frankt8242

I had a '67 912 back in the day. Ugliest color of road paint yellow I've ever seen. Really, really underpowered. Didn't matter, at the time I loved it.

I had a "67 "911-S "detuned" SCCA race car back then that wasn't even slightly "underpowered"!!....It could chirp the tires shifting from 3rd to 4th at 100 MPH!!

Hughmungus

I've worked, retired early, took my pension, gone back to the same company getting a salary and still getting my pension and paying in to another pension. That's a lot of pensions in one sentence.

WaterfrontChemist

Web development manager (M.Sc. Econ.) in the Hong Kong based start-up firm. Living with my psychiatric partner.

No wife or kinds. :D

dave47

A watch hobby can get pretty pricey, so I'm just wondering: what do you guys do for a living? Do you have kids? I'm just curious :chatty:

Used to be a professor of history; wifey was a professional, too, which enabled my, uh, "habit." A brain tumor ended my career but luckily not my life.

dave

Monty010

im a sergeant first class in the Dutch army. logistics. wife and two kids :)

Ilikewaches

Hookers and blow, mostly.

nyckid

As per Anyblue, I flip paddies at your neighborhood Mickeydees….Truth is, i deal with a bunch of irresponsible 'excuse making' grownups every 1st or 4th of every month :facepalm:

nyckid

I had a "67 "911-S "detuned" SCCA race car back then that wasn't even slightly "underpowered"!!....It could chirp the tires shifting from 3rd to 4th at 100 MPH!!

True, I absolutely believe you, frank. That specific car is a beast!!! :D

Jonj480

I really wanted to be the Don King of professional Midget Wrestling, but it just wasn't in the cards...

I am a Director of National Accounts for a large Consumer Package goods company. Married, got an ex wife, 4 kids in total, 1 in college, 2 in high school, and one in diapers. My hobbies are my escape...