Sign in to follow this  
Gazzla

Excuses people give for not wearing a watch...

z k

I wore a watch when I was in middle school. I liked knowing the time when I looked down. Then came pagers and then cell phones later. I never felt like I needed a watch since.

I just wear watches again now because I like the way they look. There are many days where I don't wear a watch still.

Hornet

My stepson refuses to wear a watch - despite having given him a DSSD... He prefers to rely on his phone... I blame myself, really - what did I do wrong? :dunno:

:lol:

Can I be your stepson?

I'd like a Omega speedmaster moon watch please Dad.....

Bad idea Bill.

Here's a Family shot of the Stepson ..

marklesterasolivertwist.jpg

Diet and a speedy, sounds OK to me Dal....

You Mad ?

Have you seen a copy of the Dining room Rules ..

062%20Workhouse%20Food%20Rules.jpg

And the food " Sucks "

workhousefood.JPG

Better than fighting the dog for leftovers, bring on this luxury....

jackygor

There is definitely a sentimental value when it comes to wearing watches.

GenTLe

Other people are not wearing watches because they're so kind to make us with watches to look way better :P

Griffo

Always gone in and out of phases of wearing a watch or not. Also always thought my wrists were too thin for watches. Now I love wearing watches and the bigger the better! Go figure :)

BadPickle
I wore a watch when I was in middle school. I liked knowing the time when I looked down. Then came pagers and then cell phones later. I never felt like I needed a watch since.

I just wear watches again now because I like the way they look. There are many days where I don't wear a watch still.

" HOW VERY DARE YOU "

:lmao2:

shooboo

i have a mate who never wears a watch because he never thinks anything look good on him. we took him shopping to try gen (his rich im not :( ) and he was never happy with any of them. always thinks it doesnt suit him *shrugs

JohnG

Maybe someone doesn't want to wear one? What's the big deal?

+1

flyr

Throughout my career wearing a watch was basically mandatory, plane.gifGood thing I have always liked them ;)

I'm retired now but have a part time job where cell phones are a no no. People are always asking what time it is.(I should start charging for the info)

N.Rico

I got my first watch when I was 10 too. Was casio illuminator something something model. Dual timezone and stuff. Funny thing, it still works 18 years after and only on a third battery. Quite impressive considering that it was treated as shit. And yea, a man without a watch is not a responsible man ^^

i got my first watch from my Dad in my 10 years old birthday present ,since then the first thing i do in the morning is get my watch , my father told me a man with out a watch is not a responsible person .

i have never check the time in my iphone .

my first one was a poljot , russian watch very close to a date just ,red dial in a green and red nato strap ,i wish i could have it now .

regardt7

As a commercial diver for the last twenty years wearing a decent diving watch was mandatory. Funny thing is i cant remember ever checking the time on it while in the water. The standing joke was u wear a decent watch just incase the diving supervisor was wearing a rolex so at least one person would have the correct time lol.

Those days a watch was just a tool to me. Now that i work on them myself i appreciate them as something more than just a time telling device. The only time i dont have a watch on now is when i am changing watches :chatty:

millionaire wannabe

I always wear a watch, except for sleeping and kicking it at home sometimes. But if I go out anywhere, past my front door, gotta have a watch. If I forget, later when I realize it, I feel naked and weird, like I'm in a timeless vortex of nothingness. Then I reach for the phone to check the time, and feel like I'm in the wrong generation, like younger guys I see with no watch. Its not good, and I never forget my watch anymore lol! The sentimental part is cool too, especially if I'm wearing a piece I've had for years, It's usually outlasted everything else I've had, outfit-wise, since I bought it. So it's old but still fresh, with newer threads and new adventures and stories to be made. So paradoxically intriguing? :D. Guess it's always just more interesting, to have a chunk of manly metal festooned to your arm. .. the older and more clobbered and weathered it looks, the better. As long as you look better than it lol! If you don't, um, you either need a new watch, or, uh, something else? Lol. :)

JSJ

People are different, which is fine by me.

Yes people say they use their phone but that doesn't work for me. I can't be bothered to fish the phone out and press a button to tell the time. What's the point of that when I have the time instantly available on my wrist? Reminds me of the early LED watches.

My mechanical watches are also more accurate than my phone (Nexus 4).

nlnlnlnene

Um. Maybe some people want different things...

Kleen™
Um. Maybe some people want different things...

I don't know the recipe for success, but I do know the recipe for failure: Trying to make everyone happy,

Do what feels right for you, E...

markeym3

I like to look up at the sun , and work out what time it is ,,, and at night I'm asleep :giggle:

seriph

I got " why wear a watch - it only does one thing!"

nlnlnlnene
I got " why wear a watch - it only does one thing!"

What an idiotic response.

Why wear condom?

It only does one thing.

Why wear shoes?

It only does one thing

Why wear ____ (insert accessory here)?

It only does one thing.

Poolsfinest

My father in law admired my watch case for a few minutes the other day and then came out with this gem...

"I love the look of your watches but I can't wear them, I make them break"

I laughed and asked how he broke them? Too rough, scratches, get them wet etc.

His reply

"No, when I wear a watch it stops telling the correct time. I don't know why, it must be something in my body"

I had to try really hard to stop myself from laughing.

JohnG

Seriously, I would have said, if someone doesn't want to wear a watch, WHO THE FUCK CARES?

But I guess this thread proves that some people are upset when others don't wear watches. :facepalm:

Nisv

Because it needs a new battery.

Or,

The 21J died on me.

James.

Often times it's because of too much vaginal sand.

Fletchett

I started to wear a watch after my heart attack.

It comes handy when you have to check your pulse.