Sign in to follow this  
watchsean7

What do YOU think, is the best REP world timer.

watchsean7

Hey Gents!!! I am growing old of the traditional Rolex and Omega reps... and I want to branch off and I really love the look of a world timer.

Yes, I searched the heck out of this. Including the "best rep database".

In real life, I love the looks of the JLC / Girard Perregaux, Bremont / Baume and Mercier, etc.

I see in my searching the porsche design is popular, but thats not my speed and very "Hamilton" in my humble opinion. Wondering if anyone had any luck with world timers in the rep world. :)

Thanks

(For searching) also know as Wordtimer, Worldtime, World Time (as I couldnt find much when I searched and maybe these 3 keywords will help a future mate).

Edited by watchsean7

watchsean7

No love for world timers? Everyone loves their rollies. Or maybe my writing sucks!! ha

Ishmael

Patek makes the best world time IMO. The 5131j (or the 5131g). Google it; fucking gorgeous. Unfortunately, no rep, at least not these days. I actually have a rep from, like, a decade ago, but its not great.

yawn

I don't think there is good quality REP world time, there is only JLC newer version of compressor world time but the quality is not on par with gen.

KeNnY

HUBLOT DIVER OCEANOGRAPHIC 4000M v2 (A7750 movement) from HBBV6 factory

P1000075.JPG

P1000274.JPG

P1000540.JPG

P1000549.JPG

Minh7410

P1000549.JPG

This is just an awesome picture!! So rad.

KeNnY

P1000549.JPG

RADICAL :lol:

thanks my friend :lol:

here is video

Minh7410

P1000549.JPG

RADICAL :lol:

thanks my friend :lol:

here is video

OMG!!! That was amazing!!! hahaha thanks for sharing!

watchsean7

Yes, I agree. The patek "worldtime" I think its called is amazing. I read up on the JLC world timer, some people say the dual time works and others say its a fake marker. So I am not sure. I actually have an orient world timer and I love it. Its a panda and its amazing. For 300-400 dollars the build quality is amazing and I would buy that again in a heart beat, but I would love a good named brand rep. Hmmmm.

If anyone has a JLC please let me know. Or... have any real time history or experience with any good reps like this, please let me know. Thanks!!

Thanks guys!!

GenTLe

Word timer also the JLC Master Geographic I'd say.

watchsean7

HUBLOT DIVER OCEANOGRAPHIC 4000M v2 (A7750 movement) from HBBV6 factory

P1000075.JPG

P1000274.JPG

P1000540.JPG

P1000549.JPG

nice pics. Kenny. I wish it was a world timer. :( its bad ass.

Edited by watchsean7

RichardMiami

You may have to settle for a GMT. If you are looking for a true REP Worldtimer, you may not find a movement that actually works with WT functions.

I know plenty of people have asked about mine, but have been unable to locate a rep working WT.

Post it here if you find it!

scozzie

Picked up this recently.

2824 movement, world timer non functioning, but still a handsome watch.

Apologies for the manky crystal.

P1000243_zps2ur3uyww.jpg

P1000250_zps4fwobctl.jpg

Daywatch

Kenny: Pics and specially the vid of the Hublot are great, thanks for making and sharing it, replicates well the experience, just awesome:)

Watchsean7: the JLC replica functions as a GMT watch: on the rep You can set GMT time independently; You can also turn the cities accordingly to match GMT time manually; (difference is on the gen if turning the cities You turn also the time automatically);

If the budget sooner or later allows for 1.000 GBP to spend on a watch there is always the

C9 WORLDTIMER - 43MM

C9-43-WT-SBT

http://www.christoph...-43-wt-sbt.html

watchsean7

Kenny: Pics and specially the vid of the Hublot are great, thanks for making and sharing it, replicates well the experience, just awesome:)

Watchsean7: the JLC replica functions as a GMT watch: on the rep You can set GMT time independently; You can also turn the cities accordingly to match GMT time manually; (difference is on the gen if turning the cities You turn also the time automatically);

If the budget sooner or later allows for 1.000 GBP to spend on a watch there is always the

C9 WORLDTIMER - 43MM

Hey Daywatch. Thanks for the Christopher Ward advice. I didnt know about the watch and you are right. It looks amazing. I love the black / brown as well.

I actually did some research on it and a Youtube review of it, is kind of funny. (The hour/minute hand is misaligned.) But maybe it was a new / proto version.

Anyway, the IWC has been out 2 years now. Maybe I will try that or the Jaeger you mentioned.

Either way, I have the itch again and I am going over seas on vacation, so even if its GMT functioning, I would be happy.

C9-43-WT-SBT

http://www.christoph...-43-wt-sbt.html