Sign in to follow this  
ShovelnTC

Today's Favorite Watch, IWC MkV11

ShovelnTC

Well when looking into my watch box today looking for my favorite watch I realized that they are all my favorites and on any given day the favorite changes.

So Today's favorite is this IWC MV11.

This one bought from Tim at Watchfinder and is the Myota version and I think it was around $200.

Normally I try to get A2824 or 2836 due to the high beat but this Myota version was well priced compared with what was available in an A ETA at the time so thought I'd give it a go.

Pros: Looks great, is fairly light to wear, has a nice feel when setting time and date and easy to thread the locking crown. I believe that the Myota movement is not copied so I expect it may be more reliable than one of the usual asian copies but not sure.

One of my favorite features of this watch is the micro adjustment in the clasp, push down on the center button and micro adjustment is easy which is perfect for varying temperature as in summer/winter adjustment.

Cons: My only (Very) minor irritation is with the movement beat as I'm pretty sure the IWC is a high beat and the Myota is I believe similar to the 2813 beat rate.

Well thats my favorite watch today so tommorow may mean another post on one of my other favorites.

Mark.

This one taken today whilst out riding some of the back roads around my area.

IWC1.jpg

And the micro adjustment I love.

IWC2.jpg

IWC3.jpg

nunu78

Nice, me likes it :)

charlesanderika

Very nice mate, and if tomorrow it becomes your least favourite and you want to sell it, just drop me a pm ;)

Dr. Jimmy

I've got one, one of my favorites as well.

z k

How do you resize the bracelet? I just got mine and realized there's no pins to push.

ShovelnTC

How do you resize the bracelet? I just got mine and realized there's no pins to push.

Another ingenious yet slightly fiddly feature of this watch is the method for re-sizing the bracelet.

Push the small "o"s in to release the links.

See this post for pics.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=63135

JSJ

Agree on the bracelet microadjust. That's why my 3777 is the best rep I have.

Also agree that my favourite rep changes daily. :)

higginsd

A small correction: this is not a MkV11 - like version 11 - or a MV11, this is a MXVII which stands for "Mark 17". The M for Mark and the XVII are the roman ciphers for 17.

z k

I figured out how to remove the links. I had to use a pair of pliars wrapped in paper towels to pull the ends off. Some were pretty stuck even after pushing the button all the way in.

I also noticed some of the buttons didn't pop back out even after reassembling...

The micro adjustment is awesome! It's so simple that I find my self fiddling with it to try to get that "perfect" fit during the day. By far the best fitting bracelet I've had so far.

derzenit

I just found my dads christmas gift :D

higginsd
I also noticed some of the buttons didn't pop back out even after reassembling...

A micro drip of oil will solve this problem.

Edited by higginsd

z k

I will take a look at that oiling it. The links were a bit stiff but I sprayed it with some dry lubricant and then wiped off the excess. It is smooth now. :)

Mine was the "bestest" version with the A2892. It is actually more expensive than any of my other reps. So far it looks great, AR is good and the smooth sweep is nice.

ShovelnTC

I will take a look at that oiling it. The links were a bit stiff but I sprayed it with some dry lubricant and then wiped off the excess. It is smooth now. :)

Mine was the "bestest" version with the A2892. It is actually more expensive than any of my other reps. So far it looks great, AR is good and the smooth sweep is nice.

Yeah mine were a bit hard to get the buttons to pop back into position but with a lot of jiggling they all went back into place.

Noodle_oh

Very nice! I like the micro adjustment bracelet.

mcgrath

Great watch. I like.