Sign in to follow this  
SWW

Monaco 24

SWW

I am certain to catch some flack for this being a first post, so I will try to word it as gently and specifically as I can...

I am looking for an automatic Monaco 24. I have found these two through the trusted dealer list:

http://www.kuvarsit.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30882

http://www.aootime.com/Tag-Heuer-Watch-21476.html

I was wondering if anyone here has purchased either of these watches, and which they would recommend. I would be overjoyed if the chronograph worked, but that obviously can come secondary to a solid watch that matches the look I desire (the Gulf colors on a black background).

Since this is my first post, and I am just getting my feet wet into the world of replica watches, any guidance aside from the stickies, that I am chewing through, would also be appreciated.

Seand83

I would go introduce yourself first buddy. You are going to have people all over you.

Wriggles

You are going to have people all over you.

Why? For asking a genuine question and showing that at least some effort was made on his/her part? Cop on noob

OP, you can introduce yourself in the new members area.

I'd also read the new members threads which you'll find on the right hand side of the main forum page.

A wealth of basic info in there will get you started.

As to the watches you linked they are both working chrono watches, A7750 movement is a proper chrono movement. You'll find more info in the movements thread in those new member threads I mentioned.

I'm not au fait with the Monaco, never appealed to me, so can't say as to whether they are very accurate to gen or not. However, those are likely to be the best available in the market and from two great TD's.

Do some more reading, learn a bit more and then your decision will likely be easier.

And ignore some of the idiots we have around here, new members will get ripped if they ask really stupid questions but you've at least shown some effort so you should be grand.

Enjoy

Duzza

Had the quartz version of this for a while and I doubt you'll be disappointed with the A7750 version. Its a pretty accurate rep from a distance but try asking the TD for the version without the logo filled in white on the case front. They do exist and are closer to the genuine article.

stupotseventyeight

Funnily enough I just sold one of these last night. Can't speak for its accuracy against the gen, but it was a very nice piece. Working chrono, nice weight, and the crystal is amazing. Hard to show in photos though. Only thing I'd say against it is not to underestimate its size. Its not a big watch in comparison to others, but it is very tall. I'd also say the strap isn't great (like most rep straps) but I never saw any decent alternative that I liked for it.

If you like it, buy it, just don't expect it to be as good as the gen.

Daywatch

Hi and welcome. For reliability and often using the Chrono function You might as well go for the Kuwarsit $114 standard size or oversize quartz version. It´s more reliable than the A7750 (which is a good movement imo as well but use with care and read about setting time and using the chrono with specific rules), not well seen on the forum because its quartz but with the huge price difference I would go with it. (The auto isn´t a super-rep as well but has nearly the price of one).

The Myota quartz should have a sweeping Chrono hand when using the chrono, the small subdial seconds tick.

Have bought from Kuwarsit, only accepts WU, otherwise fine.

There are rep videos on Youtube for this in both versions, some less exact than the ones the TDs are offering, check them out in auto and quartz.

markeym3

I bought a concept 24 from watch international ... it was for a friend of a friend ..a stunning watch not my thang but stunning all the same ... the guy who had it wore it while breaking concrete with a sledge hammer. .

and ruined it ... I sent it off to a repair guy on here and he said the movement was quite odd so couldn't repair it ..

So if you are not going to break concrete you should be fine.

Kopcap

I bought this one from TrustyTime a few months ago

a good watch, quartz movmt, better looking with SS finish (IMO)

subdials and chrono are working fine

Watches_TagHeuerMonaco24_zpsd0be0f7e.png

and as said (stupotseventyeight) it's a bit tall, but nothing unwearable

WristWeek_TagHeuer-MonacoConcept24_zps7564677f.jpg

BentleySharp

I love the Monacos. Especially the vintage Heuer Monaco.

Did you ever see the 'Breaking Bad' episode where Walt leaves the vintage Monaco on top of the pay phone? Maan! If I could only be the next guy to come along and use that phone :D

Stea1th

do these come in automatic?

Corv99

Yes, in 21j and 7750

I've had both, great watches, something a bit different, the 7750 is chunkier and has presence.. One of only watches I've had comments on from random strangers!

Think the 7750 is nearer gen, but the 21j was a great watch, and the red colour was more striking in it.

Recommended watches though.

markeym3

also be careful , on the back some say "cenifugal" instead of "centrifugal" , the one I had from WatchInternational said Centrifugal ,, yes a nice piece been looking to go square for a while ..

justin42088

Yes a majority of the ones I've spotted had cenfugal on the back.