mclarendude

My Franken SMP 2531.80 Project

Kernow

Looks good. Now if you can just find a closed factory mid case with the correct HEV placement you'd have a near perfect replica.

JakD

Nicely done :)

Wanting to do something like this myself one day, mainly since the Bond Seamaster is what got me into this business in the first place, so it has a special place for me :rolleyes:

If I was to be satisfied however I would probably have to get a gen case as well, since I think no rep maker has made a case close enough to the gen. Especially it's the crown guards on these that dont work for me.

Where did you get the base watch from though, I didn't know anyone had ths in stock anymore?

garnier10

I love the wave dial. I want to make one of this, or even the 2531.80 quartz, but I don’t know where to start. I have sone questions:

1- would be possible to make a 2541.80 quartz model using the new mkf ceramic case as base? Will the genuine  quartz eta movement fit this case and crown?

2- for 2531.80 (automatic) could I use the mkf new ceramic as base and then replace the bezel insert and dial with a genuine one? Does The genuine dial fits on 2824 movement? Is it possible to install a 2892 in this case?

let’s see if someone can help me

Grimmi

Damn! Very nice work! Well done mate :Applause:

garnier10
On 27/12/2017 at 23:35, garnier10 said:

I love the wave dial. I want to make one of this, or even the 2531.80 quartz, but I don’t know where to start. I have sone questions:

1- would be possible to make a 2541.80 quartz model using the new mkf ceramic case as base? Will the genuine  quartz eta movement fit this case and crown?

2- for 2531.80 (automatic) could I use the mkf new ceramic as base and then replace the bezel insert and dial with a genuine one? Does The genuine dial fits on 2824 movement? Is it possible to install a 2892 in this case?

Help!! And happy new year

the_datta

Very well done. I purchased my GEN 2531.80 for about $1500 USD. Considering all the upgrades could keep adding up, reckon its just worth it to get gen?

MrAbc

Wow I love your seamaster. 

jcagara08
On 1/15/2018 at 14:45, the_datta said:

Very well done. I purchased my GEN 2531.80 for about $1500 USD. Considering all the upgrades could keep adding up, reckon its just worth it to get gen?

this is the path I am looking to traverse

Uplade3

Awesome job! It's crazy that you've built a near-gen for like a third of the price of an actual gen on ebay

zulu44gmt

What’s crazy is the dates of the original posts... good luck finding new gen swatch parts at 2014 prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idontknow
On 27/12/2017 at 15:35, garnier10 said:

Bit of a resurrection, but I may be the only one that ever attempted a quartz build.  I used a 21J case from WBK and this was the end result-

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/omega-replicas/182408-has-anyone-ever-done-an-seamaster-300m-quartz-build-well

paccbet
21 minutes ago, idontknow said:

Bit of a resurrection, but I may be the only one that ever attempted a quartz build.  I used a 21J case from WBK and this was the end result-

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/omega-replicas/182408-has-anyone-ever-done-an-seamaster-300m-quartz-build-well

Damn nice! Low maintenance and basically lasts forever.