Sign in to follow this  
profsteve

Watch in USPS processed through ISC New York for 8 days

profsteve

This is the first time one of my orders has gone through USPS ISC in New York - shows watch processed through sort facility in ISC New York ( which from what I understand is that it left USPS hands to go to customs) on the 28th of August and nothing since - it is 9-5 today. It came from a fellow in Italy. I've had a number of purchases stay for 3 or 4 days in USPS ISC California but never this long. Any reason for concern or just that they are lazy or have not scanned it- or because of the holiday or ?

jdog

Hey Steve. Just had one in NY ICS for 7 days a week or so back. Finally started moving. They seem a bit slower lately.

profsteve

Good to hear that I'm not alone in this wait wait wait new york thing- hey I grew up there and I remember everyone I knew being a bit of a hurry - oh I forgot - government in New York - that is a difference kettle of fish.

MHardiman

New York is generally slower than LA. Chicago is fast though, usually 2 days!

D_Chico

Definitely no worries bud! If customs had it they would've done so before it was posted as in "ISC New York".. Mine always sit there before they're shipped to me..Last time when it sat there I had asked a friend of mine who works at the post office and she filled me in about it..Basically customs looks at packages before they're scanned in at ISC NY..They usually sit there waiting for dispatch because its the 2nd largest international hub for USPS so needless to say if that's the case then they're dealing with a lot of packages! ;) Also sometimes I've even had a package or two show up and the tracking still said that it was in NY! :lol: Hopefully it will show up in no time for ya! :)

Hope that helps..I know that's the case for ISC..as for other USPS international hubs i dunno..

dingle

You're fucked

:popcorn:

profsteve

Actually yes now that you mention it I bought a strap from a fellow in Germany and got it about a week ago and it still shows in ISC New York. It is delightful to know that if it shows processed through ISC it means that customs has already seen it and it is USPS that it taking its own sweet time.

fatarms

NYC is BY FAR the longest customs times. I had one in there for 12 days once. Average is usually 5-7 days, but longer than that doesn't surprise me. Plus, Monday was a federal holiday.

PhillyRock

It's the end of summer and when all vacations become void if not taken.

They no longer have the 'Buy Back' time program so before December paid leave MUST be taken or it's lost.

It no longer accumulates either.

Aunt worked for the post office for 19 years.

She was fired 4 months short of retirement for having a drink while on the clock.

Fellow postal worker was having her retirement party and while on route she stopped in to toast her departure.

That side of the family was never the brightest.

profsteve

They no longer have the 'Buy Back' time program so before December paid leave MUST be taken or it's lost.

She was fired 4 months short of retirement for having a drink while on the clock.

Fellow postal worker was having her retirement party and while on route she stopped in to toast her departure.

after 19 years - sounds like something OUR government would do to her without even the slightest thought about how their actions effect the lives of so many others. democracy in inept action.

PhillyRock

after 19 years - sounds like something OUR government would do to her without even the slightest thought about how their actions effect the lives of so many others. democracy in inept action.

This was back in the mid 90's, and yes it's pretty funny because it was her own stupid fault and the government are cut throats.

BC1221

Anytime you ship something over a USPS holiday, you get crazy delays. I had something shipped from a few states over on Labor Day wkd and it took a extra 3 days. It was shipped 2 day priority.

USPS really sucks.

profsteve

Another day and still nothing - I will keep this thread updated as it may be of interest. IT was shipped from Italy on the 26th of August and as mentioned earlier in ISC NY on the 28th. Guess they took their Labor Day vacation quite seriously.

SSTEEL

I have had a few packages go awol in that location.

D_Chico

They all must be hungover still! :lol:

Hopefully it will show up soon..good luck bud! Let us know :)

profsteve

That is not good news. Can't figure out which USPS location will be used for a shipment. what does it depend on if anyone knows?

profsteve

You aren't talking customs AWOL - you are saying government employee AWOL.

Gazzla
D0qHyYS.gif

profsteve

Well well, today 9-8-14 arrived at my company POBox - last USPS tracking that was noted on their site was the 8-28 processed through ISC sort NY. Today 3 scans at my local PO so I could go pick it up. Packages were apparently opened as they sealed with brown tape and didn't even bother to re-seal the knife slit in the inner box tap but when they say how much tape was wrapped around the item apparently they though differently about going any further. I find that curious. But in the end it is here and it is working so hurray!!

mercedesbenz

I ordered from Reg back on August 20th - sat in NY from August 31 - Sept 6 - now showing out for delivery today - should have it when I get home!!!

profsteve

Are they slow or what?

nunu78

NYC is BY FAR the longest customs times. I had one in there for 12 days once. Average is usually 5-7 days, but longer than that doesn't surprise me. Plus, Monday was a federal holiday.

+1, also USPS some weird thig going on, my package from Chicago to Arizona first goes to Washington and stuck there for a week though it was a priority mail and then ive bought a watch from Canada and it landed in chicago passed the custom but then gone to USPS sort facility in Missouri then made its way back to chicago after 4 days :)

profsteve

what a way to run a country - or any part of it for that matter. I wonder why I buy something in the UK. Gets shipped Royal mail and ends up coming into the US via California. I guess I'm not very good on geography but I would have thought it is closer to go from the UK to the US via New York than via California. Just a thought. Perhaps it is because I am a bit closer to Ca than NY?

PhillyRock

+1, also USPS some weird thig going on, my package from Chicago to Arizona first goes to Washington and stuck there for a week though it was a priority mail and then ive bought a watch from Canada and it landed in chicago passed the custom but then gone to USPS sort facility in Missouri then made its way back to chicago after 4 days :)

what a way to run a country - or any part of it for that matter. I wonder why I buy something in the UK. Gets shipped Royal mail and ends up coming into the US via California. I guess I'm not very good on geography but I would have thought it is closer to go from the UK to the US via New York than via California. Just a thought. Perhaps it is because I am a bit closer to Ca than NY?

Plain and simple, the USPS is run by MORONS and IDIOTS.

People whose work ethic boarders Brain dead and Heroin nod playing CATCH and foot Hockey

with valuable personal property. No care or worry when it gets there or what's inside, they only care

about pay day and getting 20 years in so they collect a pension.

Of course it also depends what post office you're dealing with.

Any major city or port, the USPS is run by lazy scumbags. The only HURRY they have in life is to rush home to watch

Rev. Al Sharpton on CNN and re-runs of Jerry Springer stopping by KFC on the way home

while dribbling Sunkist orange soda down their shirt.

The USPS should be privatized to have accountability again.

plankton

an odd re-route happened to me on 2 packages coming this week. :itchyandscratchy: