Sign in to follow this  
Venomous

Total noob from the UK

Venomous

Hi all,

Probably like many, I ended up here after doing a few reviews about replica dealer websites to see if they were legit or total scams. I think I found this place by looking for a review of SoliSwiss.cd - I fell in their bullshit trap unfortunately, but lucky enough never purchased one. It's a shame because I loved the whole clone movement thing.

On the other hand, I have purchased a Rolex Yacht Master II from PerfectWatches.cn, and after reading some reviews, I think I've lost my money before the watch has even been sent! Lesson learned.

I was going to buy the YM, a Daytona, Breitling Navitimer and Bvlgari Diagono all in one hit, but something told me to get one and go from there.

Those watches are in my wishlist to start with (if you can point me in the direction of reputable dealers, that would be much appreciated!), but I have a feeling I'm going to become a rep collector due to my addictive personality and love of watches.

I look forward to viewing some fantastic reps and reading excellent threads and hopefully when I'm a little more knowledgeable I'll be able to contribute without sounding like a fool!

V

JSJ

Welcome from the UK.

You don't sound like a fool to me. Enjoy yourself and your watches.

vinylspin

Welcome, enjoy your stay here.

Just look at the TD section.

Daywatch

Hi and welcome. It´s very advisable to research each model first here on rwg, some are better than others and some have more significant flaws. Overall best looking and working reps. have hours, minutes, seconds and a date - that´s it. Chronographs are a bit more complicated - either design-wise or some unreliabilities with the movements. Have fun reading, it´s all part of it.

MetalMickey

Welcome. One at a time I suggest, or check member to member sales for some that are already in the UK. No point tempting fate and losing a full batch!

BadPickle

Review threads is where it's at pal. An absolute font of knowledge, for free! Or upgrade to VIP supporter for a small fee.

Welcome aboard also from the uk :D

Jamjam

Welcome from the north west!! Like people have said Stick to the Tdz list and you should be fine. Follow the rules and stick to them, you should be just fine here

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG from South Africa.

dalboy

Welcome to RWG..

Nice intro mate , trust me when i say there are Noobs here who could do well to take a leaf out of your book on 1st Posts .

Be sure to read as much as you can..

Enjoy the Forum and happy hunting

Dal.

Batespcm

Welcome from someone else in the UK

Stevenb12

Hi there : I have a couple of cheap watches ; a Daytona and a navitiner just entry level watches though

Venomous

Thanks all for the welcome.

I've read quite a bit today and looked at some of the watches on the TD's websites. I'm totally blown away by the quality.

And some of the members collections, I'm incredibly jealous.

I'm looking forward to buying my first rep from a TD here and I think I'm going to purchase a MontBlanc. They just look the cats whiskers!

V

Gazzla

Hi and welcome. Do loads of reading. And when you're sick and tired of all the reading and you're ready to pull the trigger on a watch, read everything again.

It will be worth it.. . :rideemcowboy:

Gaz

JSJ
Thanks all for the welcome.

I've read quite a bit today and looked at some of the watches on the TD's websites. I'm totally blown away by the quality.

And some of the members collections, I'm incredibly jealous.

I'm looking forward to buying my first rep from a TD here and I think I'm going to purchase a MontBlanc. They just look the cats whiskers!

V

And now you should be able to see M2M, have a browse through there too.

N.Rico

welcome !!!!

greg_r

Welcome! :D

Smokey

Welcome from the UK

Lots of goodies in M2M :)

Enjoy your time here

skoint

Feel your pain bud. I've been told and so will tell you, have a good look through here and you'll find everything you need. If you get stuck, ask away. Most people on here are more than happy to help.

As Smokey says, M2M is a very safe place to start.

Batespcm

There is a montblanc on m2m I think 35 quid

elp

Great introduction. Welcome from a fellow UK'er.

One suggestion: take it slow, buy a piece or two max at a time, learn what you can/can't live with/without in terms of faults and inaccuracies before moving on to the next purchase(s).

fortman

Welcome from The Garden Of England.

Great intro mate.

Read and ye shall find thy grail.!!

Batespcm

One suggestion: take it slow, buy a piece or two max at a time, learn what you can/can't live with/without in terms of faults and inaccuracies before moving on to the next purchase(s).

This is great advice I bought two watches m2m today was ready to order my first from a TD then the TD said they only had quartz available and I knocked it back even tho I loved the look of the watch

Then I went back and bought it as realised I am not yet a movement nazi but only owning a couple of reps from m2m made me realise this

Gazzla

Then I went back and bought it as realised I am not yet a movement nazi but only owning a couple of reps from m2m made me realise this

yVzvOkz.png

elp

This is great advice I bought two watches m2m today was ready to order my first from a TD then the TD said they only had quartz available and I knocked it back even tho I loved the look of the watch

I found the same - was on the fence for a Speedmaster so I bought a Silix quartz version to try - realised the watch isn't for me, but I didn't mind it having a quartz for that price and still wear it occasionally - happy I didn't fork out a lot more for the ST19 version.