Sign in to follow this  
ivess3

Hublot big bang Greengo

ivess3

Just purchased this whilst on holiday recently. This is my first rep. Has swiss movement as case was opened for me, and ceramic. The shop however seems to have calibrated incorrectly as runs 2 mins fast per day, still can be fixed.

Cannot find how to attach photo however as no options

greg_r

Won't be a Swiss movement, trust me on this. Definitely Chinese - probably an A7750 (unless it's a 21J cheapie). Can be regulated although personally at only 2 mins per day I wouldn't bother.

To post pics you'll need to upload them somewhere first - a photo host such as Flickr is probably easiest. See here: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=45382

masmannan

tumblr_mm8jt5fvaJ1ql5yr7o1_r1_500_zpsb6369c19.gif

Just purchased this whilst on holiday recently. This is my first rep. Has swiss movement as case was opened for me, and ceramic. The shop however seems to have calibrated incorrectly as runs 2 mins fast per day, still can be fixed.

Cannot find how to attach photo however as no options

Edited by masmannan

ivess3

One of the forum members on here visits this shop regularly. The main shop sells the mainstream chinese reps with usual movements. Once he realises you have been recommended he takes you to a private house where he has both 7750 chinese and swiss movements. These are 4 times the price of what he has in main shop. Range between 400-700 pounds. The watch is calibrated while you are there. Back is taken off to show you the movement. He will build you replicas if required some costing in excess of 1000 pound.

The english guy who recommended me knows the shop owner well. I will try and post a pic on here once i can get round uploading.

Thanks

Ive

Duzza

Unless you were on holiday in Switzerland, then I seriously doubt you've bought a Swiss movement. What did they show you when they took the caseback off?

ivess3

I think the guys in the shop may have been duped themselves as i am no expert. I have been doing some research myself since i posted this. They had two different types of movement available, and they showed me the difference between the two, one was a hundred cheaper than the other. I think i may have fallen for their explanation and agree its likely to be a good asian 7750 movement. But still very happy with, but would like it to keep a little better time as have bought it for this purpose rather than just have a good looking rep. Apologise if i have misled anyone on here my bad.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gletbsgakooiwq7/2014-09-13%2015.21.43.jpg?dl=0

Duzza

I'm sorry but if you paid between £400-700 for that you were monumentally ripped off. It's a £150 Hublot rep with an Asian 7750. The cheaper movement must have been a 21j, which you can buy for £20 or if the chrono worked, a quartz.

masmannan

Most likely they duped you. At least you have now found this forum and the TDs.

If you like the watch fair enough.

I think the guys in the shop may have been duped themselves as i am no expert. I have been doing some research myself since i posted this. They had two different types of movement available, and they showed me the difference between the two, one was a hundred cheaper than the other. I think i may have fallen for their explanation and agree its likely to be a good asian 7750 movement. But still very happy with, but would like it to keep a little better time as have bought it for this purpose rather than just have a good looking rep. Apologise if i have misled anyone on here my bad.

https://www.dropbox.....21.43.jpg?dl=0

Edited by masmannan

ivess3

Thanks for the info guys. Without buying the real watch, can you recommend a rep that is automatic but will be a reasonable time keeper ie. Plus minus 2 mins a month. Do not mind paying a bit for it neither. As said happy with the way watch i have bought looks but want one that keeps time.

many thanks

Ive

greg_r
:facepalm:

Mariner89

here's an aspirin

Gazzla

r289GqE.jpg?1

greg_r

here's an aspirin

*washes aspirin down with scotch.

Thanks mate.

Duzza
Thanks for the info guys. Without buying the real watch, can you recommend a rep that is automatic but will be a reasonable time keeper ie. Plus minus 2 mins a month. Do not mind paying a bit for it neither. As said happy with the way watch i have bought looks but want one that keeps time.

many thanks

Ive

You would be better to to get this existing watch regulated. It's actually fairly easy to do yourself, you can read how on this very forum. Alternatively there are UK based watch makers that can so it for you if there's nobody near to whe you live.

ivess3

many thanks

Ive

You would be better to to get this existing watch regulated. It's actually fairly easy to do yourself, you can read how on this very forum. Alternatively there are UK based watch makers that can so it for you if there's nobody near to whe you live.

many thanks

zero_deficit

Tbh i think you need to have a look again at the expectations you have of watches both rep and gen. I'll start with some of the assumptions you have made so far

- The GreenGo you have there has an Asian 7750 movement

- It's available from our dealers for around 300-400USD/180-250gbp

- Bar some reps like APs, those with exotic materials like forged carbon, ones with working tourbillons, or modded reps with genuine parts on it, 600GBP+ is scam territory

- Watches are generally regulated by day. A month is just too long to regulate for since just the position the watch is orientated in will affect the time keeping

- The only way you can guarantee a watch to be within a particular standard out of the box - in the watch world it's the COSC standard (-4/+6 seconds a day), is to buy a gen with that guarantee from the manufacturer. Hublot is not even certified

- With that said, it's very easy for yourself or any decent watchmaker to regulate a watch, be it a $200 rep to a $50,000 gen to within COSC standards

- If you want dead on accuracy, it's best you go for a quartz

Happy hunting

Jamjam

many thanks

Ive

Try this link.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=85972&hl=&fromsearch=1

anfalas

I don't mean to sound harsh but you really need to be a tad less naive in this game. The chances of 'the guys in the shop being duped' are zero!! They knew exactly what they were doing......... ;)

Still, the good news is you're here now and if you stick around long enough you'll know what's what in no time :)

wrenches&watches

For what its worth, from the first dropbox link the watch looks great. The screws are sunken, clean, squared h-heads and the sub dial hands are aligned great. From my experience the 7750's with the blue screws may scream rep, but they function better than any v6 I've owned. Would love to see more pics... photobucket is your friend!

ivess3
For what its worth, from the first dropbox link the watch looks great. The screws are sunken, clean, squared h-heads and the sub dial hands are aligned great. From my experience the 7750's with the blue screws may scream rep, but they function better than any v6 I've owned. Would love to see more pics... photobucket is your friend!

ill try to get some more pics up over the weekend. I used to own a genuine sub blue face which gained about a minute a month. Was just hoping to find a rep with a movement that could do something close to that. will keep close eye on this forum as many people on here with fantastic knowledge.

Duzza

It should keep good time mate, it just needs regulating. Anyone with a bit of application or watch shop with a timeographer can bring that closer to +/- 5 seconds a day.