Cannibal

So far my watch box contains:

1 Submariner with date

1 Submariner no-date

1 Explorer II 42mm white dial

1 1665 Sea Dweller

1 PAM 243

1 PAM 113

1 IWC Aquatimer Cousteau Crono ref. 3782-03 (2008) with a gen Swiss 7750 conversion

1 IWC 5004 Big Pilot

1 Parnis Portugueser, white/blue

1 Seiko Orange Monster

1 Archer Aero Pilot

1 Gruppo Gamma LE SS base

1 47mm fiddy base tobacco project with Swiss 6497

1 47mm rad base tobacco project with Hamilton 917

1 1941 RCAF Roamer

Other than a few mods planned here and there, I think I'm done.

Stuvetjee

Is that it? :giggle:

greg_r

You're crazy...

:giggle:

AndyBlue
:ttiwwop:

anfalas

Done? You are joking right?

No Hublot, no Tag ....................................and not ONE lousy Omega!!!!!! ;)

Cannibal

I had a gen TAG years ago and frankly their styling doesn't appeal to me. As for Hublot, I hate them, almost as much as I dislike AP. I've been toying with getting a Planet Ocean but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger, so I probably won't unless I see a M2M sale of a black or blue one with a solid caseback for cheap. LOL

There aren't any other brands I'm interested in other than those I currently have. There are lots I like and admire but wouldn't want to own.

Edited by Cannibal

greg_r

No Hublot, no Tag ....................................and not ONE lousy Omega!!!!!! ;)

The lack of Hublot just goes to show that this man has taste ;)

Horace Derwent

Quote, i myself have a 1:1 Big Bang King Black Magic Rep...and honestly is not so 'elite' like the gen price tag would suggest.

Plus, yesterday i received the 2014 Hublot catalogue, and honestly it's one of the ugliest i ever received .

I mean, look at Breguet, Blancpain, Patek Philipphe...those are watches!

graman

There's at least 6 IWC's not on the list... ;)

anfalas

Yeah ok chaps, gotta agree with you on the Hublots. There's probably only 2 or 3 I would own and the rest are pig ugly as said!! Similarly with Tag, a lot of em are downright repulsive to my eyes too but I do love the Aquaracer chrono and have struggled since joining to understand why they seem so low in the food chain on here.

.......but I have to say I haven't seen too many collections the OP's size that don't have an Omega!! Don't get me wrong though, very nice collection :)

D_Chico

Very nice John :clap:

You're not "done" with anything until we see some pics though!! :P

Cannibal

Pix will come...

I currently have two watches out at a watchmaker... he's had them for five months and done nothing, so i'm hoping to get them back by month's end and send them to Kevin for what was supposed to be done back in May. :angry: And when I send them, the 1665 will go with them for a movement/dial swap.

Once I get them finished and back, then I'll do a photo shoot.

plankton

I enjoy these threads. It seems I was at that point about 3 years ago and had a giant sell off and started on in different styles. Maybe after another year I thought I was done then had another "FIRE SALE" to fund some gen Rolex watches. Got bored with them just as fast and went back to the drawing board spending money on mods in Florida and Germany.

If you're like the rest of us, IMO, you will find that you have just gotten started. Once you start having your own made this becomes a serious hobby.

plankton

Really nothing better than to have a real , finely tuned Swiss movement dropped into a gorgeous watch body, have it WP'd and AR'd until it makes the gen look like hell!

nyckid

HUBLOT hates!

Cannibal

Really nothing better than to have a real , finely tuned Swiss movement dropped into a gorgeous watch body, have it WP'd and AR'd until it makes the gen look like hell!

I've had gen Panerais, Rolexes and TAGs and have been in this watch game for ~15 years. I know what I like and what I don't like. I started this thread somewhat tongue-in-cheek because we all have this illness and it needs to be constantly fed. LOLOL But what I have now, I have to say I'm super pleased with the contents of the box.

Mod plans:

Drop a Miyota into my No-Date Sub, to replace the craptastic 2813 that is noisy as hell.

Drop a Miyota into my 1665 to replace the 2813, swap the DRSD dial for a GWSD dial

Dial swap from a white MM base to a PAM113 dial/hands

Send the Cousteau to Kenny for a full lume treatment

Eventually send my ExpII to Kenny for lume and crown/tube replacement

I may get my BP relumed at some point too.

BadPickle

You're crazy :daffy:

markeym3

I dont have it anymore but I did like my Hublot Ice Bang ...but be aware of the old "hate them" because it can turn into "love em"

20130714_170445_zpsf488ce89.jpg

Nyvkroft

Love to see some pics of all of them

Frankt8242

As does the lack of a "Tag"...But he really DOES need a PO or 2, just to appear sane to the great unwashed.. :giggle: :giggle:

rusty peters

That ice bang could change my mind on Hublot watches. I have been done with reps a few times already. I got a gen "one watch" and it kept me satisfied for a solid week. Here I am again with another watch in the air. An Ebel nonetheless. It's funny how the process teaches us what we like and don't like. I thought I had to have every Omega. Turns out that I don't really care for them. The PO really does nothing for me anymore.

Stuvetjee

I dont have it anymore but I did like my Hublot Ice Bang ...but be aware of the old "hate them" because it can turn into "love em"

20130714_170445_zpsf488ce89.jpg

Agreed,

Or this one ;). My beloved tourbie!

HUBBIER_zps74c7d2df.jpg

anfalas

As does the lack of a "Tag"...But he really DOES need a PO or 2, just to appear sane to the great unwashed.. :giggle: :giggle:

Absolutely agreed. I mean come on, who couldn't look like an utter god with one of these on their wrist? I know I do, there's simply no debate ;)

IMG_20140919_163106_zps6c090ff5.jpg

Edited by anfalas

fe22ari

Used to hate Hublots, now thinking of the Big Bang Evolution. That Ice Bang looks very similar. But I have to replace my BK Sub and DSSD with the latest versions first.

Left Coast Guy

Yeah, 15 watches isn't a collection....I mean what are you supposed to do on the 16th day? Wear something you've worn already???!?! Psssh!