Sign in to follow this  
Russkiy Doc

Tudor Heritage Black Bay - Comfortable to Wear? ))

Russkiy Doc

charlesanderika

I have both and the Black Bay sits very well on the wrist - slightly bigger than the 16610 but not by much, and the shape of the lugs seem to fit it better (on my wrist anyway).

Both look great, of course - I have mine on an aftermarket vintaged brown strap (like the Tudor one) and it looks top quality - and is lighter on the strap.

I'm probably going to put mine on m2m soon as I need to release some more funds and i'm going to take some pics today so i'll also take a pic of both side by side and post for you to compare.

ShovelnTC

Although I love the BB and have both the Red and Blue versions I must admit that they are heavier than the 16610 which I find more comfortable.

I also have a 116610 Sub-C and I find it noticeably different from the 16610 as you have noted so I think if you don't like the 116610 Sub-C then you won't like the BB.

The Sub-c weighs in at around 155gms, I'll weigh the BB and let you know shortly.

BC1221

i totally agree about the 116610. i absolutely hated how it sat on the wrist.

much prefer the 16610s and 1680s.

ShovelnTC

OK just weighed all three, mine are all sized for a 7" wrist so have a few links removed but the easiest way to compare is that the 116610 Sub-C is 25gms heavier than the 16610 and the BB is another 25gms heavier than that so the BB is around 50gms heavier than the 16610 which to me is quite noticable.

Russkiy Doc

sungod

I keep asking myself why they don't rep the Tudor 79190 which is a rolex 16610? Does anyone know why this is not a popular rep? I would think that those of us that love the weight and feel of a 16610 would want to wear a tudor 79190 from time to time.... Maybe it's just me that likes the Tudor?..... I don't like the weight of the SubC either.....

sungod
Wow! Thanks Guys! This is exactly what I was curious about. All your answers are perfect.

I kept my BK GMT Master IIC for 6 months but was never able to get used to it on my wrist. I kept picking my classic Submariner to wear instead, so I sold the GMT Master. I have enough excellent info now to make my opinion ... no BB for me.

On slightly different subject ... maybe Interesting for you ... I was in a Rolex dealer recently and saw the new 42mm Explorer II and also a used 40mm Explorer II ... the older version 40mm sat perfectly on my wrist and the 42mm ... although it looks great ... was big and clunky to me, and reminded me of the ceramic GMT Master that I just sold.

I don't like the BB style myself... I would ask that we look into the tudor 79190 if we can find a rep?

Daywatch

BB on bomberjacket leather strap weighs exactly 96 grams, Sub-c on SS 149 gr, TC-Sub on SS 130 gr, sized for 7.5 wrist. I only wear the BB on leather, love it as a perfect allrounder and for me it´s light and extremely comfortable, on leather it´s a featherweight, so once again opinions diverge

tud_0024_zps8cf69808.jpg

TSB_9985_1024_zpsaeb252d7.jpg

rosd10240450_zpsf36938cf.jpg

ShovelnTC

Yes I wear my Red on leather and Blue on bracelet so strap/bracelet preference is of major consideration.