Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Review of ROLEX Submariner 16610 WM9 v2

trailboss99

Thanks once again to By-Tor for allowing the repost of another great BT review. Enjoy.

eVpsASn.jpg

Okay, here it is... the "Super Sub v2". Watchmaker9 and bklm1234 have squeezed out a remarkable 16610. Actually, the version 1 was the revolutionary one, which already took the 16610 to another level. Version 2 just improves the "missing bits". Personally, I think this is more like an "upgrade" rather than completely new watch.

People who currently own the v1 don't have to bury their head in the sand. It's still an excellent replication, fundamentally the same watch as this... and I don't think it's even necessary to upgrade unless you're a hardcore Rolex freak.

READ THE REVIEW OF WM9 version 1 HERE

I was more than satisfied with the v1, and I thought long and hard trading it and upgrading to v2. But at the end of the day I couldn't resist these small but extremely nice improved details that the v2 version carries.

7lK12gn.jpg

The most significant improvement on the v2 is the dial, which has gen-like superluminova hour indices. What I really liked about the v1 was the "Flat S", which represented rarer 16610 dial variation very nicely. Unfortunately the new WM9's come with standard S, which (of course) is just as accurate.

While the v1 dial was very good, I gotta admit the v2 dial is simply superb. The font looks excellent, even in the macro shots I've taken. WM9 v2's from bk have Clark Crystals, which fixes the oversized etched coronet problem. The date font and magnification are perfect.

NzFBuHm.jpg

I was really impressed when I put the watch side-by-side with my genuine Rolex GMT Master II. The luminous abilities are 100% identical. As you can see the (much improved) bezel pearl has been superlumed as well.

6ogYhRQ.jpg

The crown is a bit oversized, which (along with SELs that are only 95% correct) remain pretty much the only remaining flaws on the v2 (besides the vertical crown position). Coronet on the bracelet clasp is perfect as well, and the operation is sturdy and very gen-like. This was also the first Rolex replica (that I've seen) that has an extra link for gigantic wrists. I had to remove one link for my '8 wrist. Another upgraded detail is the hollow link bracelet (v1 had inaccurate solid middle links).

QMHiD0d.jpg

The wrist presence is superb. It was actually superb in the v1 already, but the super luminova and improved pearl are something that a Rolex WIS will notice right away.

kGF4GQ8.jpg

Magically, the WM9 reps seem to fix things that we have always complained about. Ubiquitous bought his Yacht-Master just recently, which is ridiculously better than any of the previous versions. I'm sure the upcoming Sea Dweller will be an instant smash hit as well. People have awaited for a good replication of the 16600 for years. All the previous Chinese replications have been very disappointing but now we at least have hope.

I haven't praised dealers a lot in my articles, because most of our sellers always have access to the same quality reps anyway. I'll make an exception with bklm1234, because he's not just a "dealer". These watches go through quality control and get even more additional improvements by him (like the Clark Crystal on my watch). BK has estabilished himself in all replica forums with his excellent communication, knowledge and superb products. If you're looking for a replica Rolex, don't even think about ordering from anyone else. BK can get the absolutely best reps of every modern Rolex model, including the legendary Noobfactory Explorer II's. I'm not recommending him because he's my friend or anything, just stating a fact here.

Without a doubt this is the best ever Rolex replica, and features like the super luminova dial must put make WM9v2 one the top-5 replicas ever released. I'm really happy with the watch and it finalizes my Rolex collection nicely.

"Who has the best Sub?" has always been the biggest cliché of the replica forums... a question that we never have been able to answer easily... a bit like Monty Python's "What's the meaning of life?" Now we finally we have an answer (for the first question).

Many thanks to my mate Watcher for the "delivery help". A great guy, great member, great WIS. I hope you all liked this review, it was a pleasure to write and photograph.

lLOcjNI.jpg

Review by By-Tor.

oscarmadfish

thanx

Xyphis

Wow, just wow.

I have pre-ordered the TT-Blue WM9 from BKLM. I hope it has a similar review :lol:

AllergyDoc

I know, I know...

I ordered the "refurbished" model off WM9's site only to learn that BK said "No" when offered to sell them on the fora. Despite what WM9's site says, BK says the watches will have cosmetic flaws far beyond "dings" and "small scratches" on the case and bracelet. BK says the crown guards will need work (I don't care about that), the crown stem might be crooked, and the rehaut might need "buffing." I paid $375 and it will likely have to be sent to BK for mods! :lol:

Don't believe anything you read on WM9's site and get your watches from BK.

sconehead
I know, I know...

I ordered the "refurbished" model off WM9's site only to learn that BK said "No" when offered to sell them on the fora. Despite what WM9's site says, BK says the watches will have cosmetic flaws far beyond "dings" and "small scratches" on the case and bracelet. BK says the crown guards will need work (I don't care about that), the crown stem might be crooked, and the rehaut might need "buffing." I paid $375 and it will likely have to be sent to BK for mods! :lol:

Don't believe anything you read on WM9's site and get your watches from BK.

Too true Doc...1:1, limited edition, etc. all put me off getting one off WM9's site. I ordered a Z serial 'LV' through BK for $375, it's just a waiting game now...

AllergyDoc
Too true Doc...1:1, limited edition, etc. all put me off getting one off WM9's site. I ordered a Z serial 'LV' through BK for $375, it's just a waiting game now...

That waiting just kills me. When are those due out? July?

sconehead

That waiting just kills me. When are those due out? July?

BK's words,

''Target release date is April. But you can count on it being late. wm9 is always late, several months before for the YM. Delivery can be a 1 or 2 months from when I receive the watches from wm9 because I need to go through all of them and fix any issues they might have.''

Banged the deposit down to get the cheapest deal, guess I'll be waiting a while...it's a patience thing this rep game...bugger... :lol:

trailboss99

Hey, it's a great watch at a great price at pre-order price! There's no way I would be paying full wack tho. Can't afford it at any price ATM so it hardly matters.

I have pre-ordered the TT-Blue WM9 from BKLM. I hope it has a similar review

You lucky. lucky fella you! That's a lovely watch. The king of the Rolex sports watches IMO. And that is by far the best rep of it.

Col.

By-Tor

Another old review back up.

This was THE shit back in the day before TC. To be honest I thought this was "perfect" enough. I bought a gen 16610 two years ago and I still have my WM9 with gen crown, gen insert and new sels (a gift from bklm1234 when my son was born).

It's very good, in my opinion, even compared to my gen. The only real difference is that the gen bracelet can never be replicated 100%. It has very special "feel", although being just that lowly hollow Oyster-thing. Can't put my finger on it what's so different.

Mine has now gen crown and bklm's new SEL's. Thanks again bklm if you're reading this. You were a true friend and a great modder. :)

Wxy4RIW.jpg