Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

Review / Rep vs Gen: 2014 Breitling Navitimer World *updated @ 2017/05*

Claire

good article, Welcome my goat blog!

ByranM

Really like the review kennycoder, your pictures are great. It's always really nice when you can see gens and reps side by side with the same lighting and shooting conditions. Love the eye candy.

Juuniior

Very good rep , I'm definitely swaying towards getting a navitimer.

bombardior2016

love your GORGEOUS post.

dazzler69bling

i see how the sub dials are not as deep as the ones on the genuine. is that a dead giveaway, looking at it in real life?

kennycoder

i see how the sub dials are not as deep as the ones on the genuine. is that a dead giveaway, looking at it in real life?

The position is wrong. The rest looks pretty spot on.

Fg-75

nice post, the different type of light between the rep and gen doesn't make it easy to compare

FlyingSpur

Beautiful rep... I will be getting one. Is it customary to order your second rep even before you actually get your first rep ever?

Edited by FlyingSpur

kennycoder

So.. small update.. I've managed to source gen dial, hands and crystal is incoming next week.

Rep dial vs gen dial: (gen on the right):

zDvfcO5.jpgDCyJVx2.jpg

The difference in terms of quality of print is not that big, subdials are much smoother and nicer on the gen but the biggest tell (as well as on Navi 01) is the paint type.. genuine uses some kind of silver reflecting paint that is simply stunning when the light hits it. Kinda like sunburst effect.

uyUlnop.jpg

As for hands, the GMT hand is different, has less red paint and overall the cutout is better:

Qj7vU76g.jpg

Regarding the crystal.. rep is pretty damn good, but the AR is not as strong and it doesn't have the dome effect as gen has when you look at it from the side.

With the gen dial, slide rule doesn't align properly BUT after doing quiet some research (especially on breitlingsource and checking some gens) this is an issue even with the genuine watches. Apparently breitling updated the dial somewhere mid 2014 and added "swiss made" on the bottom, but not all models got the updated slide rule so it never aligns properly.

For example:

IMG_0891.jpg

Or even worse:

heOFDFf.jpg

So.. no harm done :)

Hope this was helpful.

Yuri Boyka

Hey KC,

I am a big fan of the NW. I have one on order from Mary which is en route and will arrive any day now.

Interesting about sunburst effect from the marking on the gen dial. Would you say the BP World doesnt have reflective play on lighting? or there is some but not as prominent as the gen.

Interesting re your point about the JF 01 being same as the BP world have a look at this thread. Can see some nice play of light. MOre silvery than the World?

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=97764

regards

kennycoder

Dials are, unfortunately, very different in real life. Paint is completely different. On still photos it's hard to see but when the light hits the dial is when you see the difference. As for JF 01, i didn't know they released anything. I thought it was only noob factory and i did rep vs gen review here:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=105053&hl=&fromsearch=1

Yuri Boyka

Dials are, unfortunately, very different in real life. Paint is completely different. On still photos it's hard to see but when the light hits the dial is when you see the difference. As for JF 01, i didn't know they released anything. I thought it was only noob factory and i did rep vs gen review here:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

Nice review, very informative.

JF have indeed made a new Navi 01.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=128971

brwatcher

Wow! nice!

GenTLe

Wow! nice!

MAte, if you're trying ot reach the post nr to access the M2M section, posts like the last 2 you did are definitively not the right way...

kennycoder

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=128971

Indeed dial looks much better but the color of the paint is way off. On JF it's plain silver, god knows why. On the gen it's more yellow-ish but still better than noob factory. Good call.

Yuri Boyka

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=128971

Indeed dial looks much better but the color of the paint is way off. On JF it's plain silver, god knows why. On the gen it's more yellow-ish but still better than noob factory. Good call.

My BP is on route from Mary. Im kinda it looks as good as it does in the photos.

May I ask where did you get your gen dial from? Breitling source?

Also how much etc would one expect to pay?

PM if you prefer.

Regards.

kennycoder

I found one on eBay after about 8 months search and paid 580€

Yuri Boyka

Jesus. Looks brand new though. Also 10 out of 10 for effort. Lovely watch.

brwatcher

Wow! nice!

MAte, if you're trying ot reach the post nr to access the M2M section, posts like the last 2 you did are definitively not the right way...

Hi there,

thanks for you're constructive criticism. I am new here and I am very excited to have found this forum. I think there is a wealth of information here plus, I really enjoy the pics.

If I may, I would like to ask you some questions. Did I do something wrong? Am I not allowed to post comments in a positive interaction?

I really love the OPs watch he posted and I was simply commenting in excitement that I think the watch is nice. How would you like me to respond?

(Can anyone else please comment If I'm out of line?)

Like I said, I am new here and I am only now finding out what M2M is thanks to GenTLe.

I read the rules for newbies and I see nothing of not being able to post nice and small comments.

Thanks for anyone who takes their time to respond to me.

Best regards.

aitcharGMT

Nice work! Despite joining a few years ago I had not really looked into the site. This is precisely what I have in mind for a Breitling Navi. (And I'm not really interested in that section that miraculously appears after a number of posts. 

aitcharGMT
On 31/05/2017 at 01:24, brwatcher said:

Hi there,

thanks for you're constructive criticism. I am new here and I am very excited to have found this forum. I think there is a wealth of information here plus, I really enjoy the pics.

If I may, I would like to ask you some questions. Did I do something wrong? Am I not allowed to post comments in a positive interaction?

I really love the OPs watch he posted and I was simply commenting in excitement that I think the watch is nice. How would you like me to respond?

(Can anyone else please comment If I'm out of line?)

Like I said, I am new here and I am only now finding out what M2M is thanks to GenTLe.

I read the rules for newbies and I see nothing of not being able to post nice and small comments.

Thanks for anyone who takes their time to respond to me.

Best regards.

I don't think your out of line. Maybe they were just half joking and saying that you only wanted the minimum number of posts so the hidden forum shows up no matter what, even with "wow! Nice!" (I guess you could say that in every single post.. Too much explanation)