Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

Review / Rep vs Gen: 2014 Breitling Navitimer World *updated @ 2017/05*

Daywatch

Thanks for the bump as I missed this the first time around. Really refreshing to see a different gen-rep comparison once in a while.

Alcs
God !! I want one now give me a paypal address to send money now... Thank you for the time and the review

There is one on m2m at the moment

Yes i saw it, thank you! Its an old version not even close to this one imo

Batespcm
God !! I want one now give me a paypal address to send money now... Thank you for the time and the review

There is one on m2m at the moment

Yes i saw it, thank you! Its an old version not even close to this one imo

Yeh I noticed that when I went for a closer look myself

Irishcain

I just put in an order for one, now it's a waiting game, lol. Maybe I'll try to find a gen bracelet to go with it.

kennycoder

Gen bracelet is 900 USD. Rep bracelet is actually quite good. All depends on the stamping... and you need to soak it in WD-40. Other than that it's top notch.

Lefty83g

Ordered mine today Kenny all because of this thread thanks for the pics

bradbond

How is the

Ok, time for a small update. I went to a AD where an ex colleague of mine works, but they only had a blue dial version. I wasn't authorized to take side-by-side pics but I can comment on the following:

1) AR is the same, prolly 5%-10% more blue-ish than the gen.

2) Case looks exactly the same in terms of width / height, except for some finishing of the lugs.

3) Bracelet feels way better on the gen

4) DW looks slightly more recessed but it's very difficult to compare because on the white dial you tend to see the shadow more than on the dark one... very close call

5) DW font is slightly different on some numbers, but virtually impossible to spot.

6) Dial printing is top notch

7) Crown, pushers, caseback are spot on in terms of everything!

8) On the gen the bezel rotates smootly, on my rep it's quite uneven and gets tougher in some places during rotation.

Not sure if can be called a super rep, but in my personal opinion, yes it can.

Is the "5-10%" more blue a noticeable amount when not side by side?

justin42088

This watch just made me forget I had Ebola

kennycoder

Is the "5-10%" more blue a noticeable amount when not side by side?

Nope.. even side by side it's difficult to see. Depends on the illumination.

ByronRichard

Hi, I'm a newbie looking for this exact watch with a black leather strap. Please can you direct me to the website where I can get this. Is Josh of perfect-clones.net? Thanks a mil!

str65

Perfect clone or Trusty-time. Both are good. Up to you really. I am not sure if you can order it with leather or if you have to buy one with bracelet and order the strap as extra.

I am very tempted as well.

The Guy

I think you convinced me.

The Guy

Also, PC should use your pics. I just went to his site to purchase and remembered why I didn't buy the first time I saw it. His pics make it look pretty cheap.

geestar

I purchased this watch a month ago and still love it. Few things but minor and i will critique only the negative.

1. The night glow in the dark is pretty poor imo. Only seems to glow after i put a bright light against it and glows for a short period of time.

2. First day receiving the pin of the folding clasp on center bracelet snapped and broke under zero unusual use or force scaring me of quality early. Easily fixed for 10 bucks.

3.the bezel pan seems to kinda snag and feel like sand paper against clothing. Not sure vs. Gen. Seems like points should be smoother.

4.seems like a hard push to engage chrono.

Small details still love the watch and very happy with purchase. Someone chime in if you know any of these discrepancies to be same as gen.

Edited by geestar

geestar

My kid

35a30f73da014fe8991797f34ea631e1.jpg

Edited by geestar

tonysoprano211

I purchased this watch a month ago and still love it. Few things but minor and i will critique only the negative.

1. The night glow in the dark is pretty poor imo. Only seems to glow after i put a bright light against it and glows for a short period of time.

4.seems like a hard push to engage chrono.

1. & 4. are similar on gen.

The Guy

I do have 1 question for the OP...a few years back I was interested in a Navi World, despite the flaws at the time. However, I was warned off of them by MR. He said the 7751 clone movements were a nightmare and very unreliable. Do you know if that has changed at all?

tonysoprano211

The NTW has the sec@9 movement. AFAIK, it is said to be reliable.

kennycoder

I do have 1 question for the OP...a few years back I was interested in a Navi World, despite the flaws at the time. However, I was warned off of them by MR. He said the 7751 clone movements were a nightmare and very unreliable. Do you know if that has changed at all?

Honestly I don't know about the reliability of the movement but if it follows the recent trend of A775x movements, they should quite reliable but most likely needing some oiling/cleaning. For instance this particular model runs very smoothly, even the chrono is silky smooth. My biggest complaint of this watch is the shitty bezel and sharp edges on the bracelet. Other than that BP did one hell of a job.

Aviator

How's the bracelet compared to the Navitimer 01 bracelet? (hell, I don't even know which factory makes the Navis 01)... The Navitimer's 01 bracelet is quite a disappointment and on the photos I can clearly see that the Navi World uses different clasp so my question is if the whole bracelet is different?

Onefastsicilian

Anyone have a model number for this watch to order it.. I was on PC and didn't see anything specifying this "super rep"

The Guy

There is only one Navi World on PC, and this is it. The description on PCs site certainly seems to hint that this is the new "1:1" version you've been looking for.

kennycoder

The bracelet is good but has a major letdown.. it's the finishing of the rough edges. It feels a little bit sharp in some places. Other than that, it's _the_ best breitling bracelet I've held after SO44 models

How's the bracelet compared to the Navitimer 01 bracelet? (hell, I don't even know which factory makes the Navis 01)... The Navitimer's 01 bracelet is quite a disappointment and on the photos I can clearly see that the Navi World uses different clasp so my question is if the whole bracelet is different?

Katert92

Thanks for the review and the pictures !

I bought the same 1 today can't wait till i can wear it!!

Its also my first rep watch !

Edited by Katert92

str65

I fell in love with this and purchased genuine. Black. Still thinking of getting rep as a daily beater.