Sign in to follow this  
Robin195959

Hublot- is it me?

BnvS

I dont get it either. There main bezel style is just ugly. They look like you have a tank on your hand. If thats what you are going for then by all means go ahead. But to each his own.

Horace Derwent

Or are they ugly, nasty, cheap looking and aimed at footballers and rappers(new money)

Honestly i agree, even if some models (Big Bang King Black, the Caviar ) are good enough.....the 90 % other models aren't that good, or classy.

And i received the 2014 Ed. of the HUBLOT Catalogue.

No history, no details...only photos.

Seems like a VW Golf depliant, honestly.

I've got the Chopard,the IWC, the A.LAnge & Sohne Catalogue....these are YEARS ABOVE the HUBLOT catalogue.

And it's better not to mentiuon the Jaeger Le Coultre Catalogue, the BEST of the BEST.

Edit: here you all can view the 2014 Ed. of the HUBLOT catalogue...judge yourself.

http://www.hublot.com/pages/catalogue/

The JLC, Ulysse Nardin, IWC , A.Lange&Sohne catalogues are HArd-Cover books....which looks beautiful in my mahogany bookshelf.

HUBLOT catalogues are for Maradona-like peoples :)...just joking !

Edited by Horace Derwent

Robin195959

Lots of tentative views both ways. I thought this may be a bit more controversial.

Mystery Shopper

I have only ever bought one. It is extremely well made. The black dial got me in!

I know what you mean Robin, 4 years ago, nobody would admit to owning a Hublot for fear of mass flaming.

PB150005.jpg

ilkay5094

I agree they are not very good looking.

FuzzyCoyote

I'm up in the air on some of these..... Some I like, some I hate....

Its like when people ask me what music I like.... I like all types, from heavy metal to opera but not all parts of any genre. Basically I like good music and then there is bad music, it doesn't matter on the genre.

Its the same with watches. I don't like something because its AP or Hublot or any other brand, I like it because I like it. You couldn't really say to someone 'Do you like Rolex?' and get a Yes / No answer really. I dont like 90% of Rolex, I think most of them are boring, but I like the Daytona and a couple of other models.

Every horse has a course and all that....

So Hublot - are they ugly, nasty and cheap .... yes and no :)

Haltec
Or are they ugly, nasty, cheap looking and aimed at footballers and rappers(new money)

+1 (ATM)

Baldrick
Its not an inability but a design choice.

My fucking arse.......what a crock of shit.......if you think it's a design choice...you're a numpty....!

The portholes in ships that the Hublots get their design from

First and foremost.....Gerald Genta did not design Hublot watches......and the 'porthole' deisgn of the Royal Oak was used as a leitmotif by him throughout the whole Audemars Piguet Royal Oak range....it wasn't the inspiration for Patek's Nautilus or any other luxury watch....!

Jean Claude Biver stole the design aspect from AP when he was European Director of sales for AP....and invited by Carlo Croco to rejuvenate the Hublot brand which was sinking into obscurity.......the Hublot may be a successful marketing strategy....but it is NOT a design triumph......JCB has spread himself far and wide like a Babylonian whore .....plying her trade to any sucker with money and a lack of good taste or any sports star or celebrity who'll quite happily endorse the shit on the sole of my shoe for the right money.

It's a POS.......like virtually all of it's owners :B):

Please EXPLAIN to me and others why the Hublot Big Bang King has moulded screws that are all perfectly aligned.......I'll tell you why...because they CAN align a moulded bezel...but they CAN'T align the screws on anything else.......!!!

hublot-big-bang-king.jpg

nev848
Its not an inability but a design choice.

My fucking arse.......what a crock of shit.......if you think it's a design choice...you're a numpty....!

Please EXPLAIN to me and others why the Hublot Big Bang King has moulded screws that are all perfectly aligned........!!!

hublot-big-bang-king.jpg

A very fair point and so eloquently put.... Come on answers the mans question over the screw alignment.

By the way that is one shit looking cheap arse watch.

Robin195959

That's better boys. We're warming up now.

Eschenpod

I think Hublots are an acquired taste - kind of like oysters.

When I first looked at them, I thought they were ugly and total rubbish, but have recently done an about face and just ordered this Big Bang from Marv.

Hopefully, I will like it when it arrives.

HublotBigBang_zps6fdf344a.jpg

Edited by Eschenpod

Robin195959

Can't see myself ever acquiring the taste somehow. The screws irk me and I find them unsightly. They actually remind me of the rubbish the looky looky guys sell on Playa De Las Americas seafront.

MDK

I am with you on this, I was never a fan of PAM's either but now I love them.

The Hublot's really don't grab me and it doesn't matter how hard I try I cant get to appreciate them, they look a bit like a meccano kit.

I had never noticed the screws but for something that costs that much money unaligned screws is really bad.

Left Coast Guy

Yup, no love for Hublot either. I feel like its a fad thing in Europe because of their football/soccer sponsorships.

I mean I don't really love APs either, but at least AP has a history behind it, right? Hublot just seems like a marketing engine created the brand...

Kwt

I have own many reps of many brands but never a Hublot.............I hate their watches, the rubber straps, the lackluster designs and the footballers they target.

Given the money they sell for, getting an AP over these is the easiest decision ever.

Baldrick

The only factor that AP has in common with Hublot is Jean Claude Biver........AP has a long and meritorious history.....it has cachet....something Hublot doesn't have......Carlo Crocco set up MDM Hublot in the late 70's.....AP were founded in 1875...nothing Hublot do can ever match the history of AP.....so they try to emulate them....by strategic marketing......however hard they try...they will remain vulgar...purchased by the 'nouveau riche'.....!