Sign in to follow this  
xLoGiK1

Should I have to eat the fees on a refund?

xLoGiK1

Like the title states:

I am currently in the works of getting a refund with a TD on this forum. Long story short, getting the refund because I simply need that money for more important things and will purchase the watch at a later date.

So the question is, should I be the one eating the fees as well when trying to get the money I paid refunded back to me?

I already paid the fee when sending the money to the TD via Western Union.

What do you guys think?

Edited by xLoGiK1

MetalMickey

The fee was paid to WU, not the TD. The TD is doing you a favour by giving a refund and should only have to return the amount s/he received from you. Especially when it is your call to have the refund and not their fault. Eat the fees, take it as a lesson learned, IMO.

Duzza

Like the title states:

I am currently in the works of getting a refund with a TD on this forum. Long story short, getting the refund because I simply need that money for more important things and will purchase the watch at a later date.

So the question is, should I be the one eating the fees as well when trying to get the money I paid refunded back to me?

What do you guys think?

In all honesty no you shouldn't but it happens I'm afraid, caught me a few times too. Part and parcel of this hobby.

Ilikewaches

Yes you eat the fees.

Daywatch

Hi, this is a really simple no-brainer: You eat the fees. Later in the game You´ll pay by PP and don´t have that issue.

xLoGiK1
The fee was paid to WU, not the TD. The TD is doing you a favour by giving a refund and should only have to return the amount s/he received from you. Especially when it is your call to have the refund and not their fault. Eat the fees, take it as a lesson learned, IMO.

He wants to refund me via PayPal. What percentage do they take? He's from China and I am in the U.S.

MetalMickey

In the UK it is 4%+20p. Check on PayPal.com. Google is your friend ;-)

Edit - about 2.9%

www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ690&m=HTQ

Think of the fee as the tax for messing the TD around :death:

Left Coast Guy

You eat the fees....its certainly not the TDs fault you changed your mind....

narikaa

You sent money for a piece of wrist frippery

THEN discovered you cant afford it

and want your money back

'tis not the fees for the refund you should worry about but rather those of your psychiatric care

Genius
:rofl: go Reg

Simms
Like the title states:

What do you guys think?

I'm not sure why you're bothering posting this question? The fact that you're getting a refund in the first place is incredible. Take the money and run! This isn't Sears where you can just return stuff for arbitrary reasons; it's black market merchandise being sourced from halfway across the world from suppliers we've never met!!!

dalboy

Give me strength !

Dal.

Batespcm

So the TD is doing you a favour, and you expect the TD to be out of pocket for doing it?

rare

Oh you want refund, here have some more money right out of td pocket!

If you dont want to have fees, there is the possibility to book a travel, if you are nice the td might give you a tour also...

DR3M3L

You sent money for a piece of wrist frippery

THEN discovered you cant afford it

and want your money back

'tis not the fees for the refund you should worry about but rather those of your psychiatric care

:lmao2:

I almost spit out my gum on the screen!!!

Phizzy

Yes, suck it up buddy...just be thankful you ordered from a TD.

PhillyRock

I'm concerned with why you're even asking this question.

1). You changed your mind. (try buying cocaine from a drug dealer, then change your mind. Cocaine = Reps. Both illegal and sever prison time or death in China)

2). You took the time to purchase something illegal with money you can't afford to part with.

3). The only person that made a mistake in this whole process is you. You eat the fees, with a smile and enjoy it.

(You're responsible for sending fees, and return fees because the TD didn't change his mind, YOU did)

Take a good long look in the bathroom mirror brother.

I'm not being rude or mean, I'm being serious.

From one human being to another, remember to think before you act.

HeavyKrush

Oh my... This isn't going to end well.

UmpaHimself

So you bought a watch you couldn't afford, then asked for your money back and expect the seller to cover the fees for being jerked around... This isn't Macy's.

xLoGiK1

Lol. It was just a simple question. I wasn't bitching about anything. Just wanted some input since it was my first attempt at buying a rep. And since others are experienced, I wanted some insight.

I have no problem eating the fees.

Was just curious...

Carry on.

rawbaws

Td should deduct the fee for sending it back to you, a fee for their time and less any downward fluctuation due to any of their own currency changes.

Count yourself lucky.

Del

Honestly, you don't actually qualify for a refund at all - you're not buying from Marks and Spencer!

I don't know which TD it is but they deserve praise for going beyond what is normally expected.

Mystery Shopper

Agreed- eat the fees and a big gold star to the TD for the refund.

DR3M3L

So.... What's a better investment then watches? Lottery tickets?

TK01

Realistically the TD go through alot to do their best to get us what we want. If you decide you need a refund that is fine. And actually makes things worse for the TD because they can't just take the watch back to the factory. They use their own $$ to buy the watch you requested. So eat the fees and keep in good health. And try to lay out your priorities next time unless it was an unexpected emergency fund type deal (we all human) stuff changes .