Sign in to follow this  
Oguila

Andrew´s Trusty Time: paid for Swiss ETA; sent me Asian Clone.

Oguila

I would like some help from a Moderator, please. Andrew sent me this as a Swiss ETA 2836-2. A $386.00 GMT Master rpl.

I´ve posted these same pics in another topic and all users stated this was an Asian Clone.

What to do??? Send it back it will cost me money, time and watch can be retained by Chinese customs. Besides, I´ve paid about $50 to my customs to release DHL package.

imagejpg4_zpsecd532b2.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsa5b1f60a.jpgimagejpg3_zps07adde1c.jpg

Daywatch

Hi, the safe way is to keep it, enjoy it and put the money under "lesson learned" could have been much worse - if it didn´t work for instance. You might like to read/learn about the "Cartel" as well and next time pick a smaller dealer. As long as it works and all is well aligned it´s what matters, just buy Asian eta the next time. Transshipping if You´re in the continental EU.

PhillyRock

This is a bad start.

Contact a MOD first before you post anything.

If you read the suggested NOOBs section you would have known that.

You're also told in the Noobs section that TD's DON'T build the watches and they have NO IDEA what is inside.

Again, you didn't do what was suggested and are clueless to this.

Dorian84

shouldn't have ordered swiss in the 1st place, just a friendly advice

Gazzla

As Daywatch said. Keep it, enjoy it and put it down to experience.

Shoddy from TT, though.

andyboy

Try and work it out with TT first

psantos1091

Read more and be happy with your nice watch..

Oguila

Before I bought I´ve just looked at RWG TD´s list; did not read so much... I tought buying from one of them woul be safe. Lesson learned... $ wasted.

Anyone had nice experience with other TDs?

dalboy

Your first port of call should have been to Andrew , at least give him the chance to rectify the issue .

In the unlikely event this didn't happen .. THEN contact one of our mods . shame " had you have spent the time reading the stickies on the board you would have know that .

Btw .. Nothing wrong with Asian clones Ole son , not that in anyway detracts from your point .

Dal.

nunu78

Send a PM to the Moderators, they are people in blue. I believe you should get the refund for difference in price of swiss and asian movement as they are Trusted dealer for a reason. I dont think Trusty did it intentionally, mistakes happened.

Left Coast Guy

Before I bought I´ve just looked at RWG TD´s list; did not read so much... I tought buying from one of them woul be safe. Lesson learned... $ wasted.

Don't be a fucking retard. You didn't waste any money. You've got a working watch that looks and acts exactly like you expected it would -- there is almost no discernable difference between Asian clone and the refurbed ETA crap the factories claim as swiss.

The only beef you should have is that you paid too much, in which case you should go back to TT, send him these pics and ask for a discount on your next purchase from him. In most cases he will agree to this path forward.

In general, Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance -- If you had read the forum and based your expectations in reality, you wouldn't have been disappointed, and even after all that reading if you still decided to go swiss you'd understand the potential remedies you'd have for this situation vs. posting a scam post.

Oguila

Your first port of call should have been to Andrew , at least give him the chance to rectify the issue .

In the unlikely event this didn't happen .. THEN contact one of our mods . shame " had you have spent the time reading the stickies on the board you would have know that .

Btw .. Nothing wrong with Asian clones Ole son , not that in anyway detracts from your point .

Dal.

I´ve tried to communicate with Andrew. Useless.... unfortunatelly

SSTEEL

Hi, the safe way is to keep it, enjoy it and put the money under "lesson learned" could have been much worse - if it didn´t work for instance. You might like to read/learn about the "Cartel" as well and next time pick a smaller dealer. As long as it works and all is well aligned it´s what matters, just buy Asian eta the next time. Transshipping if You´re in the continental EU.

Great advice here ^^^^

WARBOT

This says it all

Walesy

I made the same mistake mate, ordered a Omega PO from him with a so called ETA (Which it isn't) and it went tits up after 2 weeks, sent it back for repair and he has sent it back...where it is I do not know right enough but he has sent it back.

Live with it mate, easiest way.

Seand83

I have learned my lesson with the big dealers. Small dealers only for me.

Simms

Thanks for the heads up. Word of advice, stick with the Asian clone ETA's because even if you do get swiss it's going to be used and most likely rebuilt with Asian replacement parts...not worth the extra $$$.

Don't be so distressed over the matter, I always opt for this movement and from what I've been reading, if well cared for and serviced regularly they last a really long time. You do have a good movement so just relax and enjoy it

nev848

When will people learn you will have more chance of shooting a baby elephant out of your arse than getting a Swiss ETA movement out of China.

plankton
:noway:

Walesy

When will people learn you will have more chance of shooting a baby elephant out of your arse than getting a Swiss ETA movement out of China.

funny you should mention that...I feel as if I have...few days on the Guinness does that right enough.

Simms

18698cacdd39f6d411d8d9dccf36e3d1_zps156eba60.jpg

Haltec

Ahhhahah +1

This should be a verification question on registration to forum.

PhillyRock

Ahhhahah +1

This should be a verification question on registration to forum.

Ah, then you wouldn't have become a member because you failed to read everything else that would

lead you to assume that you're getting a real ETA movement.

As stated in New members threads by Greg_r

4. Swiss ETA 2836 (and variants): Supposedly the genuine ETA (owned by swatch group) swiss automatic movements. This is a complete lottery. The dealers rely on the factories to tell them what movement is supplied in the watch. Contrarily, the factories will often use whatever they have to hand. Combine this with the fact that there are almost no genuine ETA movements available to rep makers and that most that are around tend to be either used or refurbished (often with Asian parts), and you will understand why most of the long-term members of this board stick to Asian clone movements. I wouldn't recommend spending extra for ETA in a rep these days - however, see Sellita below as on some occasions the Sellita equivalent will be supplied instead.

Yet you called out a TD for selling you a Fake movement.

This is why those sections are so important. Instead, people whip out

their credit cards and ..................... then complain later.

Go back and read buddy, save yourself a headache later, and possibly more money.

Gazzla

Not so fast, Batman!

Omega Aqua Terra Day/Date - Gen Swiss ETA:

liIe2C8.jpg?1

dGcmSyx.jpg?1

Bought from TT, ironically . . . :Whistle:

nev848

Not so fast, Batman!

Omega Aqua Terra Day/Date - Gen Swiss ETA:

liIe2C8.jpg?1

dGcmSyx.jpg?1

Bought from TT, ironically . . . :Whistle:

I will still sit on the fence on this one. If they can fake the watch they can fake a couple of ETA stamps. ETA movements are like hens teeth and even companies like Christopher Ward cannot promise ETA movements as standard and often uses SW 200.