Sign in to follow this  
The Guy

Has anyone received their watch back from Kevin (1littlegreen)?

profsteve

I've been in the same sinking boat- promises promises promises. I sent him my Montauk about 3 months ago- funny that he told me his daughter had fallen in love with it about a week after I had sent it to him. He gave my plausible excuses saying that he needed parts and they he tried the TDs for the parts and asked Micky but nobody had the parts- My last attempt at contacting him several weeks ago simply asked for what he had of my watch back - no need to get parts to fix or anything like that- just return MY property- Don't be a thief. Not good for your Karma.

Realism

Violence is the answer to everything.

you sir... is a certified idiot.

Realism

it sure does make you feel better though.

i don't think being in jail makes anyone feel better

herman

Anyway, the point of this post was not to blame RWG or disparage mods. Please don't think I'm not grateful or that I don't know this was my fault. I knew there were others like me who had watches with him, and all I wanted to know was whether or not others in my position had received their watches back. I was hoping to get some good news and believe Kevin was just slow and irresponsible, but not a scammer.

Go to his house and :patty:

violence is never the answer.

But... But 'murica

Maybe I underestimate the power of moderators here, but it seems to me that if a TD or Trusted-Anyone decides to go off of the reservation, there isn't much they can do. Please correct me if I am wrong. They can contact the guy, work with him, and provide ultimatums (all of which were done with Kevin before they banned him). Is there something else I don't know of regarding their power to provide remediation to those who get scammed?

Maybe I underestimate the power of moderators here, but it seems to me that if a TD or Trusted-Anyone decides to go off of the reservation, there isn't much they can do. Please correct me if I am wrong. They can contact the guy, work with him, and provide ultimatums (all of which were done with Kevin before they banned him). Is there something else I don't know of regarding their power to provide remediation to those who get scammed?

But .. who his this Kevin ? What is his company ? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

justwannalook

Was this meant to be in shamefully poor english?

Martijn0007

Can someone translate this? No Englando. :giggle:

JohnG

Poor mods. I remember way way back when fighting against the whole idea of a trading section (yes, a bit ironic given I am a beneficiary myself now). But my fear was that having transactions on the forum would create a lot of work for mods, the need for more mods, and would expose those mods to a side of the membership that previously we could, to a degree, pretend didn´t exist. Or at least it was always something that happened elsewhere.

In a sense, having people doing deals and trading on the forum took away our innocence. Once we used to have round pounds (circle jerks) in the shoutbox, but since the institution of forum trading, the atmosphere has become much too tense.

sigh.

:popcorn:

Cheesemonger
I've been in the same sinking boat- promises promises promises. I sent him my Montauk about 3 months ago- funny that he told me his daughter had fallen in love with it about a week after I had sent it to him. He gave my plausible excuses saying that he needed parts and they he tried the TDs for the parts and asked Micky but nobody had the parts- My last attempt at contacting him several weeks ago simply asked for what he had of my watch back - no need to get parts to fix or anything like that- just return MY property- Don't be a thief. Not good for your Karma.

I have pretty much just written my watches off at this point. I think he is gone. I have not seen any recent postings at TRC or RWI. Maybe he was banned on those fora as well.

The Guy

Anyway, the point of this post was not to blame RWG or disparage mods. Please don't think I'm not grateful or that I don't know this was my fault. I knew there were others like me who had watches with him, and all I wanted to know was whether or not others in my position had received their watches back. I was hoping to get some good news and believe Kevin was just slow and irresponsible, but not a scammer.

Go to his house and :patty:

violence is never the answer.

But... But 'murica

But .. who his this Kevin ? What is his company ? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

He's gone. You don't need to worry about him.

The Guy

I have pretty much just written my watches off at this point. I think he is gone. I have not seen any recent postings at TRC or RWI. Maybe he was banned on those fora as well.

It's now been over a month since I have heard from him. That is the new high-water mark for his silence. I think it is safe to say he has told us all to get fucked. $700 down the drain. The lack of viable recourse is infuriating.