Sign in to follow this  
Lagger

TSWATCH new policy email

Lagger

I personally don't think that we should think of it as a lottery these are not 40 pound Turkey reps these are expensive items that are produced in large numbers that we pay a hefty mark up on and reps or not saying go and spend 7000 dollars o the real mccoy is not a reason to take pot luck.

Jomashop is selling real raymond weil watches for less than 400 dollars, made in Switzerland, all the overheads and a warranty, I think we have become accustomed to taking one for the team when they cost 150 dollars but now they are 300-800 dollars I think we deserve more

.........sorry mate but you are not a realist I'm afraid.

Doesn't matter whether you buy a $600+ super duper rep the simple fact is it could die on you anytime.

You have to take account of the conditions in which these things are produced, seriously would you offer any kind of meaningful warranty? I'm fucked if I would!!

Yeah I do think of the conditions and costs that are involved, and that's why I think we pay a heck of a mark up, I also know this as I know a guy who buys in batches of 40-60 a time in Thailand and sells them on the rigs, good quality quartz and 21j reps and who told me what he pays for them.

Anyway on reflection If the aftersales service that most people expect is none existent then this is actually a good thing.

NFleischer

Their prices are not really any different from everyone else's. I assume those are retail prices

anyway.

dfq23

Just emailed them for price on watch I have had my eye on for a while.  The retail price on there is $288 plus $15 postage, so $303 all in(HK Post is only listed option for UK).  If I bought direct from site and paid by western union I would get a 10% percent discount so that would make $272.70 all in

As you have to use services like Western Union with the wholesale purchases it will be interesting to see how much cheaper it is than the $272.70 it would be normally

I will keep you posted.....

Edited by dfq23

Simms
....can't really see that this matters one toss.

From what I've read in my (shortish) time here most folks when receiving a DOA or indeed problems later on would far rather source a local watchsmith or enlist the services of one of the members than return to China and die of old age.........................and, maybe never see thy rep again!!

My thinking exactly. The only caveat being that they now have a pass for the not so great watches with higher than normal shoddy QC. Not for me, I'll stick with what's been working!

Lagger

Especially if its a 10 percent discount as dfq23 states

dfq23
....can't really see that this matters one toss.

From what I've read in my (shortish) time here most folks when receiving a DOA or indeed problems later on would far rather source a local watchsmith or enlist the services of one of the members than return to China and die of old age.........................and, maybe never see thy rep again!!

My thinking exactly. The only caveat being that they now have a pass for the not so great watches with higher than normal shoddy QC. Not for me, I'll stick with what's been working!

You still get QC pics and have opportunity to reject the watch from them. The QC pics for my order from Watchstation included a timegrapher pic anyway so can see it's working

dfq23

Especially if its a 10 percent discount as dfq23 states

It's 10 percent discount if you order from the site and pay with WU. Most dealers offer this discount for WU. Not sure what the discount will be for wholesale as it's watch specific but case in point with the Pelagos I pre-ordered from Watch station it was about 22% cheaper than the non wholesale price so still a decent saving. Other watches I enquired about were only about 12% so not so worth it without the added service.

Lagger

I agree 22% is a useful saving if you are a WU user, I personally use PP 90% of the time, I can see how this is less of a worry for someone with basic watch repair skills, at the moment I have a 2836 with keyless issues which is going back to China for a simple fix (so I hear) but if I had used the wholesale option I would now be goosed as UK watch services have a long wait but probably not as long as I'm going to wait anyway!

dfq23

Well I heard back from them.

Remember this is watch specific so may be more or less discount depending on what you order.

Main Site Price: $288 plus $15 shipping - $303

Main Site Price if using WU (10% discount): $272.70 (Including Delivery)

Wholesale Price: $209 plus $15 shipping - $224

Nice little discount.  Bear in mind they only take certain payment methods though so you need to add another £7 or so for WU or MoneyGram fees but still a good bit cheaper

Edited by dfq23

KeNnY

not bad

GenTLe

Surely not what he said in reality this specific night (seeing the midterm election results) but:

not-bad-meme.jpg

gB.

Mark at TS has always offered wholesale prices as far back as I can remember, ordered a few like this nearly 5 years ago myself. Only difference in the new policy is he removed the MOQ of 5 (to compete with Watch Station I assume).

Gazzla

Interesting . . .

AFJyulf.gif

zero_deficit

Who shouldn't consider using wholesale services:

- Those in high customs risk countries

- Those who want a bit of peace of mind that they'll have a fully functioning rep

- Those with little/none watch repair skills

- And those with no local access to a decent watchmaker

Who should consider using wholesale services:

- Those in countries who don't usually have problems with customs

- Those with adequate watch repair skills or access to a decent local watchmaker

- Local dealers

- Those who have never really benefited or needed after sales service

simples

KeNnY

I wonder how much down would the tourbillon watches go ? :lol: there is almost no afteersale service for these as well, so maybe the 700 USD would go for 500 USD ? or a bit lower ?

dfq23

Enquired about another for a mate. Will name it this time...

Blue Black Bay

Site Price - $318 plus $15 Postage

Site Price with WU discount - $299 delivered

Wholesale Price - $254 plus $15 Postage

LHDALLAS

New here.

What do you guys think of this watch?

Im trying to do some research on it, before pulling the trigger. I figured you would be pros.

http://www.tswatchlt...s-ru-a7750.html

Site Price - $598+$20=618

Site Price w WU Disc - $538.2+$20= 558.2

Whole Sale Price - $475+$20=495 USD

Watch is actually for a friend who likes fancy things.

Edited by LHDALLAS