Sign in to follow this  
justwannalook

Help needed with missing pearl/cup

justwannalook

I have read many threads at this point about people having lost their pearls/and or cups off the subc, this of course happened to me yesterday and after my reading it seems that getting a replacement bezel will only solve the problem until it happens again. I had been toying with the idea of just "creating" my own pearly by directly applying some epoxy and some glow in the dark powder mix via toothpick to the bezel. Has anyone tried this? Is it a horrible idea? I was thinking about ordering this product from amazon to try for the glow

http://www.amazon.com/ss/customer-reviews/B008H3NJ9G/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I would love any feedback people have... if it is just a terrible idea I will go ahead and order a replacement bezel

Thanks in advance for your time/attention!

Drew!

justwannalook

This is an awesome tutorial, but again, i am missing both the pearl AND the cup so it will be free form, was looking for help more along those lines though this will of no doubt be of help!

Thanks!

justwannalook

anyone?

justwannalook

nobody has tried to fix this issue without replacing the bezel?

Kateford

I made my own "cup" once, it was a whore!!!

I have a pearl IN A CUP I could send ya.

Best suggestion I have at this point.

justwannalook

Still on the lookout for a pearl in cup if anyone has an extra laying around their workshop/watchbox!

Thanks

justwannalook

Should specify i am looking for a blue lumed one

wdev

Have you tried contacting a TD?

justwannalook

Was hoping someone on the forum might have an extra one laying around, have seen a few on ebay but the sellers wont respond as to the lume color on them.

justwannalook

Fyi according to "wholesaleoutlet999" on ebay (who seems to supply the only pearls located in conus) their pearls have no lume whatsoever.

Boo.

fatarms

New bezel for about $35. The BP sub C's are notorious for this problem. Take the pearl holder out yourself, then epoxy or superglue it back into place. Mine hasn't moved in a year, I think they come from the factories held in place by chapstick.

justwannalook

I guess that may have happened? there is now just a pearl shaped hole in the in the insert, for some reason i thought they were on a metal post.

How did you pull yours off without snapping the ceramic?

fatarms

I guess that may have happened? there is now just a pearl shaped hole in the in the insert, for some reason i thought they were on a metal post.

How did you pull yours off without snapping the ceramic?

The pearl material sits in a metal pearl holder with a stem that goes into the ceramic insert. So basically it's kinda like an ice cream cone, with the pearl itself being the ice cream sitting in the metal cone. Use a really sharp knife or blade and slowly pry the metal pearl holder out by switching from side to side and slowly trying to pry it out. The ceramic won't scratch from the blade. Once it's out, you can superglue or epoxy it back into place. It shouldn't take too much effort to get the pearl holder out.

Sakdds300

I have replaced the pearl on my BP sub-c twice. But I have found the way to never have to worry about it agian .... Say hello to my BK sub-c.

1301EBB2-F1C7-461A-B0E0-4C59F28E6C54_zpselsrnrdo.jpg

justwannalook

Good for you for getting a BK, how did you source your pearl though, and how did you affix it to the bezel?

Thanks.