nikking1967

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Geographic

nikking1967

As I chose the stainless steel cased variant, I felt the standard light brown strap did not suit this, nor did it go with the dial colours. I swapped the strap on mine within 4 days to a decent black crocodile with a very nice stainless steel double deployment fastener, which not only looks better than a standard strap buckle, its much nicer to use as well, plus, you don't get that creasing of the strap in the regularly fastened position.

In response to an earlier post - These replica Master Geographics at 43mm are a little larger diameter than the Gen which is 39mm. But the larger size does suit without being overtly conspicuous.

The Gen posted previously on this thread is JLC's earlier version and ideed there looks to be at least three incarnations on this model from JLC over the years - All however are stunning looking watches.

This is a picture of a Gen of the variant that mine copies.....This the strap/case/dial combination that I settle on looks best to me:

794524d1345249396-jlc-master-geographic-2011-iwc-portuguese-7-days-5001-14-jaeger-lecoultre-master-geographic.jpg

stray_cat

Since I saw an RG version of this on another rep forum I haven't been able to get it out of my mind, lol. I have a 23J beater Ulysse with power reserve and the movement has been reliable and accurate. I've never wanted, bought or worn a dress watch on strap but totally making an exception with this watch, it's exquisite. Wear 'em in good health.

Escapizm

Still love the look of this

ttodd

Now the 'hidden' error that these watches have always exhibited, the 'B' in MASTBER CONTROL - see the picture above showing the case back, you can see the error. WHY? when so much of this watch is just spot-on do they make such a fundament error?

I can't help but think this"error" was deliberate and i like it because it means there is no possibility of serious deception so nobody would or could pass it off as a gen which i think is important.

Going to buy one....

Duzza
Now the 'hidden' error that these watches have always exhibited, the 'B' in MASTBER CONTROL - see the picture above showing the case back, you can see the error. WHY? when so much of this watch is just spot-on do they make such a fundament error?

I can't help but think this"error" was deliberate and i like it because it means there is no possibility of serious deception so nobody would or could pass it off as a gen which i think is important.

Going to buy one....

LOL, they print Jaeger Le Coultre on the front but because this misspelt 'master' they aren't trying to deceive anyone? :) the same factory will have spent years perfecting the case shape and dial print for a sub or an AP. Trust me it's a bona ride mistake.

aak

Thanks heaps! Great watch.

mach19

Looking for this one in the accurate size... If someone heard of this (39mm)

gam3r

I want one! Rose gold I think. So to confirm everything works ?

gam3r

Hi I just got mine from silix. But it has a problem. The second time zone minute hand is not coupled/in the same position as the main time zone hand. Hence the second time zone is incorrect 443e98017205b1d24ce883c623273447.jpg

How can I fix this?

TheoG

Wow. What an absolutely stunning and beautiful watch. Enjoy!

gam3r

Thoughts anyone?

Kcore
Hi I just got mine from silix. But it has a problem. The second time zone minute hand is not coupled/in the same position as the main time zone hand. Hence the second time zone is incorrect

How can I fix this?

The 2nd time zone isn't " coupled" or in sync with the watches main hands like GMTs with 24 hr bezels. They're set differently.

Rotating the crown CCW will advance both the primary and secondary timezone hour hands. Rotating the crown CW will only advance the primary timezone hour hands. The minute hands are coupled. So, start with CCW rotation to set the secondary timezone, then CW rotation to set the primary.

nikking1967

Hi Gam3r

Hmm..! You have a duff one!

The primary minute hand should always be linked to the subsidiary minute hand, both should read the same and be synchronised together, whether you rotate the crown clockwise or anticlockwise, they are linked and should read the exact same minutes. Its the hour hands that can be adjusted independently to record a different hour to each other.

Turning the crown counter clockwise sets the watch in the normal manner and the minute and hour hands on both the sub dial and the main dial both move in the normal manner together. Turn the crown clockwise and the minute hands on both dials rotate backwards (maintaining synchronisation of minuets) but, the hour hand on the sub dial remains where it is - this is how you set the second time.

The little tiny sub dial (am/pm) the pointer should be straight up at the 12:00 o clock position (midnight) and it should be straight down at 12:00 noon. The date will change when its straight up.

If your minute hands are not linked - then this is wrong and something has come adrift inside. I would not even attempt to try and rectify this. If you only just got it, then tell the TD and have him take it back to swap or service.

regards

Nick

gam3r
Hi Gam3r

Hmm..! You have a duff one!

The primary minute hand should always be linked to the subsidiary minute hand, both should read the same and be synchronised together, whether you rotate the crown clockwise or anticlockwise, they are linked and should read the exact same minutes. Its the hour hands that can be adjusted independently to record a different hour to each other.

Turning the crown counter clockwise sets the watch in the normal manner and the minute and hour hands on both the sub dial and the main dial both move in the normal manner together. Turn the crown clockwise and the minute hands on both dials rotate backwards (maintaining synchronisation of minuets) but, the hour hand on the sub dial remains where it is - this is how you set the second time.

The little tiny sub dial (am/pm) the pointer should be straight up at the 12:00 o clock position (midnight) and it should be straight down at 12:00 noon. The date will change when its straight up.

If your minute hands are not linked - then this is wrong and something has come adrift inside. I would not even attempt to try and rectify this. If you only just got it, then tell the TD and have him take it back to swap or service.

regards

Nick

Thanks Nick

The minute hands are linked together. Ie when I move the crown both the main dial and subdial move but they just aren't in sync! Does it still mean it's duff?

Anyone had any luck with getting silix to fix/replace watches before ?

nikking1967

Ratger poor QA this, as it should have been checked, something as obvious as this....Assuming the date changes as the main dial minute hand passes the 12-o-Clock position, then the minute hand on the small sub dial needs to be repositioned to correspond with the one on the main dial. You would need to remove the movement to do this. If you not confident to do that, then I would email your dealer and see what his response is.

ebzen02

Did they fix the MASTBER issue? I think they did?

gam3r

Ratger poor QA this, as it should have been checked, something as obvious as this....Assuming the date changes as the main dial minute hand passes the 12-o-Clock position, then the minute hand on the small sub dial needs to be repositioned to correspond with the one on the main dial. You would need to remove the movement to do this. If you not confident to do that, then I would email your dealer and see what his response is.

I got this fixed locally - cost me £15 from a local watchsmith, Silix were pretty rubbish with the whole issue and didn't really acknowledge the issue. I won't be buying from them again, 2nd watch which has been busted on arrival.

Did they fix the MASTBER issue? I think they did?

Nope. Still says MASTBER. I will post pics later.

nikking1967

Hmm that's not good from your dealer!! as its clearly fault from the factory.....You done well to get a watch maker to repair your Jaeger, they normally wont touch 'Fakes' in my experience. Hope its ok now.

The first Rep I Bought was over ten years ago from Trusty Time, and I've only ever bought from him since - as I never have has a problem, but I see there are many other TD's now listed on this forum!

cheers

yogisooner

has anyone measured the size of this band at the case as I don't want to get another strap that's the wrong size? Thanks

lonelyby2

I have long admired JLC (Swiss watch brand not a Pop Group!) and consider these somewhat of a 'cut above' the likes of Rolex and other more well known Swiss Makers - their appearance being very refined and classy. I've never been able to afford a real one, as this Geographic goes for about £8,000.00. so, when I saw this offering from Andrew at Trusty Time for just £122.00 ($178.00) !There was no question that I had to get it.....Read on and I will tell you what I think......

15740243542_15b6495cc1_c.jpg

This Replica has been around for a while and at least since 2006 so some 8 years at least. The quality and detail of the dial is extremely good indeed and is a tribute to the craftsmen in China who reproduce these. It is very nearly 'correct' to the original. with only a few minor differences, such as the size and position of the date display being larger and sits a little higher up the face than compared to the original. The Power indicator is a little larger than the original and the baton stick markers at 9, 10 & 2 O-Clock are a little different in shape compared to LJC Genuine.

However, none of the above detract from what is a completely Gorgeous looking watch, extremely well executed and with a very high degree of attention to detail and finishing. It looks fabulous on the wrist and certainly most people would never know - How many have seen the real thing? Probably None!

15553876140_96d5c86262_b.jpg

The second Time Zone facility does work, as does the date indicator and the power reserve, and even the little day/night indicator next to the second time zone dial. On the 'real' watch, the time zone can be changed easily via the second crown at the 10-o-clock position and this completely independently of the main time. On this 'Homage' you have to set it by the main crown and by turning this counter-clockwise, then the second time dial hour hand will move separate to the primary hands. When you advance the crown clock-wise, then the main dial hands and the second time dial hands move together, with the minute hands synchronised together - its really very clever and surprisingly accurate if a little fiddly and time consuming to get it spot-on. Very good indeed for the price I have to applaud them here. (I have set mine to reflect the same local GMT time on both dials).

The crown at 10-O-Clock does adjust the lower display at the bottom of the dial, and this moves either way to reveal different cities. It moves in a very controlled manner, without any slack or play in the mechanism and feel like quality construction. It does not link in anyway to the time though - well what do you expect for £112.00!!!

15553518117_34b853d688_b.jpg

There is no hacking control on the crown to stop the watch for time-setting the seconds, but this is I think typical of these 21,000BBH Seagull movements. So with this beat-rate, the sweep hand does not have a very clean sweep and is a little jerky compared to those that run at 28,000. The date changes perfectly and precisely at midnight and can be advanced via a recessed pusher on the case (just the same as the Gen). The Power reserve indicator works perfectly and rises up the scale as you wind it. I have run it a few times and it really does correspond remarkably well to the actual time of running lest as displayed by the indicator in hours. The movement will run for about 42 hours from a full wind. There is a self winding rotor which is engraved rather finely. The rest of the movement detailing is average to below average and reflects the standards of work here from 8-10 years ago (which is when these castings/pressings would have been made). Its ok though and as the watch spends most of the time on the wrist, its no deal-breaker for me at all!

The Leather strap is ok and will do for a while, but this watch needs to be on a decent Black Crocodile with folding deployment buckle - so I have ordered one of these off ebay and I think this will complete the package to a 'T'

Now the 'hidden' error that these watches have always exhibited, the 'B' in MASTBER CONTROL - see the picture above showing the case back, you can see the error. WHY? when so much of this watch is just spot-on do they make such a fundament error?....Most would not even see it, as the rotor and other stuff leads the eye to that and even ones brain tends to insert the correct 'E' when reading it for the first time.

All in All this is a great Replica for the money and I am delighted with the watch, it keeps good time to at around 2 seconds a day gain rate.

15740242022_9969242ed4_h.jpg

Hey Bro

The dual timing is functioning like real gen?? or we need to set by our self??

Kopcap

I have long admired JLC (Swiss watch brand not a Pop Group!) and consider these somewhat of a 'cut above' the likes of Rolex and other more well known Swiss Makers - their appearance being very refined and classy. I've never been able to afford a real one, as this Geographic goes for about £8,000.00. so, when I saw this offering from Andrew at Trusty Time for just £122.00 ($178.00) !There was no question that I had to get it.....Read on and I will tell you what I think......

This Replica has been around for a while and at least since 2006 so some 8 years at least. The quality and detail of the dial is extremely good indeed and is a tribute to the craftsmen in China who reproduce these. It is very nearly 'correct' to the original. with only a few minor differences, such as the size and position of the date display being larger and sits a little higher up the face than compared to the original. The Power indicator is a little larger than the original and the baton stick markers at 9, 10 & 2 O-Clock are a little different in shape compared to LJC Genuine.

However, none of the above detract from what is a completely Gorgeous looking watch, extremely well executed and with a very high degree of attention to detail and finishing. It looks fabulous on the wrist and certainly most people would never know - How many have seen the real thing? Probably None!

The second Time Zone facility does work, as does the date indicator and the power reserve, and even the little day/night indicator next to the second time zone dial. On the 'real' watch, the time zone can be changed easily via the second crown at the 10-o-clock position and this completely independently of the main time. On this 'Homage' you have to set it by the main crown and by turning this counter-clockwise, then the second time dial hour hand will move separate to the primary hands. When you advance the crown clock-wise, then the main dial hands and the second time dial hands move together, with the minute hands synchronised together - its really very clever and surprisingly accurate if a little fiddly and time consuming to get it spot-on. Very good indeed for the price I have to applaud them here. (I have set mine to reflect the same local GMT time on both dials).

The crown at 10-O-Clock does adjust the lower display at the bottom of the dial, and this moves either way to reveal different cities. It moves in a very controlled manner, without any slack or play in the mechanism and feel like quality construction. It does not link in anyway to the time though - well what do you expect for £112.00!!!

There is no hacking control on the crown to stop the watch for time-setting the seconds, but this is I think typical of these 21,000BBH Seagull movements. So with this beat-rate, the sweep hand does not have a very clean sweep and is a little jerky compared to those that run at 28,000. The date changes perfectly and precisely at midnight and can be advanced via a recessed pusher on the case (just the same as the Gen). The Power reserve indicator works perfectly and rises up the scale as you wind it. I have run it a few times and it really does correspond remarkably well to the actual time of running lest as displayed by the indicator in hours. The movement will run for about 42 hours from a full wind. There is a self winding rotor which is engraved rather finely. The rest of the movement detailing is average to below average and reflects the standards of work here from 8-10 years ago (which is when these castings/pressings would have been made). Its ok though and as the watch spends most of the time on the wrist, its no deal-breaker for me at all!

The Leather strap is ok and will do for a while, but this watch needs to be on a decent Black Crocodile with folding deployment buckle - so I have ordered one of these off ebay and I think this will complete the package to a 'T'

Now the 'hidden' error that these watches have always exhibited, the 'B' in MASTBER CONTROL - see the picture above showing the case back, you can see the error. WHY? when so much of this watch is just spot-on do they make such a fundament error?....Most would not even see it, as the rotor and other stuff leads the eye to that and even ones brain tends to insert the correct 'E' when reading it for the first time.

All in All this is a great Replica for the money and I am delighted with the watch, it keeps good time to at around 2 seconds a day gain rate.

Hey Bro

The dual timing is functioning like real gen?? or we need to set by our self??

i've got the same (RG case - http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=96905)

and the 2nd time zone is functional, independantly settable with the main crown.

it's really a nice watch, classy and dressy, and a good choice for the money !

lonelyby2

Hey bro

Thank for your reply. Yea I love this watch. I getting one soon. Btw I would like to ask you so question following below.

1. Full wind, can last how long??

2. The world time is functionally??

gam3r

World time is functional. Reserve is 35-40h

lonelyby2

Great watch, most probably I will get it by June~

gam3r

Great watch, most probably I will get it by June~

Good choice