nikking1967

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Geographic

lonelyby2

World time is functional. Reserve is 35-40h

Great watch, most probably I will get it by June~

Good choice

Btw thank for your information if not also won't get this watch because faux world time. I think mostly likely get from toro or trustytime.

I also don't wish to get faux watch with a high price for it.

Laparra01

Amazing indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

991turbo

That is one fine time piece for $178 bucks.

VMSG

Thank you for a great review!

really makes me wanna get this watch.

YellingYellowLlama

Does anyone have the new version? I'm trying to understand how much of it is functional.

Glaude
25 minutes ago, YellingYellowLlama said:

Does anyone have the new version? I'm trying to understand how much of it is functional.

I've looked it up, to me here's what seems to work :

- Timezone can be set independtly via crown going CW or CCW
- Crown @10 change the city
- AM/PM indicator works
- Power Reserve works

What I don't know and would also like to know :

- Does changing the city with the crown @10 automaticaly set the time on the second timezone (as on gen) ? I doubt so, but we never know. (According to the TT video of it, the city seems purely cosmetic)

YellingYellowLlama

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I too was under the impression that the city seems purely cosmetic, which I'm not sure how I feel about. It's such a prominent and super cool complication that I feel like having it do absolutely nothing would be too much of a bummer.

What does CW or CCW mean?

GenTLe

- Does changing the city with the crown @10 automaticaly set the time on the second timezone (as on gen) ? I doubt so, but we never know. (According to the TT video of it, the city seems purely cosmetic)

Nope, the movement is always the same regardless the versions.
You can change the city but that's just moving the ring with names.
To set date there is a lateral small pusher, the change the time: once you have pulled out the crown, moving it in a direction changes both times, moving it in the opposite direction change the main time and only the minute hand (if I remember well) of the second time, that way you can regulate the 2nd timezone

YellingYellowLlama
2 hours ago, GenTLe said:

To set date there is a lateral small pusher, the change the time: once you have pulled out the crown, moving it in a direction changes both times, moving it in the opposite direction change the main time and only the minute hand (if I remember well) of the second time, that way you can regulate the 2nd timezone

This makes me SO SAD.

Glaude
On 21/07/2018 at 11:35, YellingYellowLlama said:

What does CW or CCW mean?

CW : Clockwise
CCW : Counter Clockwise

On 21/07/2018 at 11:37, GenTLe said:

So that confirm what I was thinking and what the Trusty Time video where showing, purely cosmetic in term of function.

Thanks mate ! :) 

grill
On 21/07/2018 at 02:48, YellingYellowLlama said:

I can see a new (super clone) version on TSwatch added on 19 July 2018.  Did you ask about that version?  I wonder if  the second crown is fully functional  in that version. The MASTBR typo has been corrected on the back of that watch none the less.

Glaude
12 minutes ago, grill said:

I can see a new (super clone) version on TSwatch added on 19 July 2018.  Did you ask about that version?  I wonder if  the second crown is fully functional  in that version. The MASTBR typo has been corrected on the back of that watch none the less.

Looks like the same movement to me, approx same price as other TD and without a video to confirm it, I guess we can only speculate on a caseback error correction, nothing else

grill
17 hours ago, Glaude said:

Looks like the same movement to me, approx same price as other TD and without a video to confirm it, I guess we can only speculate on a caseback error correction, nothing else

Yes, based upon the available pictures the movements look same. However, I observed a minuscule difference on the back plate, there is a plus grey screw near the main wheel. Nevertheless, this may mean nothing. Yesterday I asked TSwatch  to  confirm or confute the  working world timer function in a video but I haven't received any response yet.

grill
On 01/08/2018 at 10:38, grill said:

Yes, based upon the available pictures the movements look same. However, I observed a minuscule difference on the back plate, there is a plus grey screw near the main wheel. Nevertheless, this may mean nothing. Yesterday I asked TSwatch  to  confirm or confute the  working world timer function in a video but I haven't received any response yet.

FYI, to my email I just received a short answer from TSwatch claiming all functions are working in their replica. However, there is no watch at hand in their office for taking a video of  the watch functions.. So the only possibility for clarification seems to be purchasing a watch  :unsure:.

Glaude
3 hours ago, grill said:

FYI, to my email I just received a short answer from TSwatch claiming all functions are working in their replica. However, there is no watch at hand in their office for taking a video of  the watch functions.. So the only possibility for clarification seems to be purchasing a watch  :unsure:.

Pretty sure that's just the spelling correction on this model (as suggested on RWI).

Indeed they are not lying, all functions are working : dual time zone is working, city changer is working but those two are not connected. It's visually working would be more appropriate

grill
20 minutes ago, Glaude said:

... It's visually working would be more appropriate

I like your term "visually working ". I'll suggest TSwatch to use this term until they can show a video proving all complications working.  Incidentally, I'm a customer of theirs  and I've been quite satisfied with their service so far. I hope they will listen to my request and they will post a revealing video about the watch.

Glaude

For all concerned and interested people, it's confirmed that, as expected, the city disc doesn't interact with the dual time zone.
Here are two videos showing it :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11U53YMXZ1o8LX7H_sIK5xMfzCGwz2uP5/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10GGU0y4gTMRpeBe-oLuz1pw9tX0pXEmm/view?usp=sharing

Thanks to grill here for asking TSWatch to do a test video of the various functions! :thumbsup2:

FW2

has anyone pulled the trigger on this one? i would love to see how it looks in real life (confirmed that gmt and city ring don't interact).