Sign in to follow this  
Bncrpt

USPS International...is it always slow as a dead hamster??

Bncrpt

So...this is just something funny I thought a few of you may pitch in on, or maybe someone has worked for USPS in past lol living here in Oz not sure if we are spoilt, however when shipping International Ive always found my parcels to be out of the country within 2-3 days..max!

Current situation finds me excitedly awaiting some goodies from our friends in CONUS..the USPS international option seems ridiculously slow..or is it just me??

1st purchase shipped 31st Oct...showing in Miami on Nov 3rd..then Opa Locka 4th..then showing two entries at same time on same date, the 8th, one at ISC New York, the other Miami again! Then showing ISC New York on the 10th again..

2nd purchase shipped 6th Nov..shows in Fort Meyers that day..then ISC New York 9th Nov, also Miami on the 9th Nov! Then ISC New York Today...

Now as a comparison, guys in my unit get a lot of gear for the K9s out of a supplier in Kentucky and im talking large boxes, which have never taken longer than 6-8 days from order time to arriving here in Oz. So i guess im wondering Is this normal for small parcels with USPS? I know inside CONUS things seem very rapid...I had some gear shipped to my Hotel in Vegas earlier this yr and within 2 days bam it was there!

Any other USPS tales?

Cheers

Todd:)

Simms

Takes about 10 days to get packages from US to Canada via USPS. Also takes about 10 days to get packages from China via EMS. This is on average, sometimes things move a little faster and others, slower. It's all a big crapshoot!

Best advice, which is wish I could follow...don't track packages. Just be pleasantly surprised when they finally arrive.

conx

The hamster is dead? Does Greg know? This is a disaster, how will we ban people?

Bncrpt

Simms...are you serious?? Your next door damnit! lol I was impressed within the US but it seems like international stuff just floats around in limbo..

Conx...shhhh...bad choice of words now I look back on it...that hamster moves a whole lot quicker than the USPS one hahaha!

anfalas

Always as slow as a hamster if you insist on torturing yourself with parcel tracking ;)

Bncrpt

HAHA i dont bother when its from China;) lol ROW however i guess i expect better service:)

Jooost

I never get it, sometimes international shippings seems like a magic show, you never know what to expect. Sometimes it takes a week, other times a month...

zero_deficit

it's usually always 10 days for me

Left Coast Guy

Wait your USPS is as fast as a dead hampster? Lucky...I kill for dead hampster speed

MetalMickey

Usually about a week to the UK by the cheaper service. I won a watch in a competition that was despatched by the more expensive tracked delivery and no sign of it since it was scanned in New York last week, having been on a trip around the north eastern states.

Bncrpt

For me it seems so much faster to get anything from the UK..makes no sense the way the parcels are moved from one sorting centre to the next and so on and so on in US..seriously once it leaves somewhere why would it go back before heading to another location!!! haha

Kleen™

No. Hamsters are much faster...especially Ban Hamsters....

RUSH2112

Don't disparage the hamster

Bncrpt

Well...to make matters seem worse...had an email from USPS advising that my package has now been processed thru destination countries sorting centre for delivery...IN AUSTRIA!!!! Not Australia. ..Austria! Geezus...16000 km (10000miles) big stuff up! :( How's customs in Austria??