Sign in to follow this  
samcoolkewell

Omega Seamaster Professional

samcoolkewell

So i bought a watch from a FB seller before I discovered this forum. Bought a IWC at first, but the watch had quality issues upon receiving. The seller refuse for refund and finally both of us agree on exchanging with a new different brand of watch after dragging this matter for so long. The choices are very limited so I choose this Omega Seamaster Professional.

Received the watch few days ago. Brand new, engine working fine, all the markers are on its place. However I'm not a Omega fans so I don't really know where to look. Just notice that the stainless steel ring in the bezel and the luminating round pearl on 12' c clock bezel are quite different.. Other than that the rest seems ok. Open up the back case and the engine look China.. Can anyone give some opinion on this?

Certainly RM1,350.00 (Approx.$410) was overpaid for this thing. I know that and I would never want to deal with this seller again. Just want some of you guys opinion on whether this a good quality rep watch or just some low grade watch?

IMG_20141106_161142_zpsbea01f33.jpg

IMG_20141106_161152_zps4186c9a2.jpg

IMG_20141106_135832_zps7dad9a1d.jpg

IMG_20141106_135840_zps4f51f5e1.jpg

Edited by samcoolkewell

samcoolkewell

Sorry didn't realize the photo failed to upload... I re-edited and here's the photos...

Simms

You overpaid for sure. I'd stop dealing with this FB "seller" and discover our TD's. Good luck

WaterfrontChemist

You overpaid for sure. That's is midlevel rep and I bought this same Omega with rubber strap for $120. However it was a big discount and normally these things cost about $200.

samcoolkewell

Coz this Omega is suppose to be the replacement for the faulty IWC... The seller just simply replaced it with the lower level rep soon as i received this watch. Sigh~

WaterfrontChemist

Nothing wrong with that watch. Nice 28k bph movement and no big tells in watch face. And reps are always overpriced, especially in the price range of >300$. Plus $50 Ems-shipping... :D

Edited by Rantakemisti

samcoolkewell

Thanks for the advise Ranta... One more thing, is it normal for the engine to be gold plated? coz when i browse through this forum I saw that some of the Omega model the engine is not gold plated like mine especially those see thru back case Omega...

WaterfrontChemist

It's perfectly normal. Those clone ETA 2824-2 movements are usually made to look like it's gold plated. Better ones are usually nickel plated and might have nicer decorations.

But yeah, it's nice movement, basic Asian eta 2824-2 cost about $100.

BC1221

Sorry to be the one to tell you but you got ripped off. A LOT.

That's not a eta clone. Looks like a 21j to me.

May be a high beat but def not a eta clone. You can tell by the stem release button.

This would have cost you a little over a $100 with any of the TDs. Less in m2m.

Stick with the TDs next time

WaterfrontChemist

Oh, you're right. Also the balance wheel is in the another place at ETA. Sorry, I didn't look closely those images with this shitty tapatalk.

BC1221

It actually looks exactly like the 2813 I had in a cheapie SMP. down to the gold color and signed rotor.

Those are pretty solid movements. Mine always started up right away and the dates flipped pretty quick. Not like the typical 45min slow change of regular 2813s. The only drawback was the low beat. Replacement for it when it dies is cheap though. $30 + the cost of a swap.

For what it's worth, the dial doesn't look too bad. I'd maybe get a new insert. Those crooked numbers look pretty bad.

Simms

Moral of the story like many members here, you got burnt on your first purchase. Lesson learned, next time just use our TD's

Kemist

Sorry didn't realize the photo failed to upload... I re-edited and here's the photos...

Hello and Welcome.

We have a list of dealers here that are certified and have dealt with thousands of our members for a long time, called Trusted Dealer(s); use them it will be much less hassle and more enjoyable. You'll have to read & read & read more...

samcoolkewell

Yea too bad i realise this forum after I bought this watch from the FB seller... Definitely a lesson to learn... Will try out the dealers here once i'm done browsing the page..

I had 2 rep so far.. one is the Omega as mentioned and another one is Panerai PAM104..

The Omega working fine so far... Timekeeping is punctual... no major scratch or defect.. so I got that going for me which is fine...

The PAM104 I also bought it from FB but from other seller... Pretty much identical to the Gen.. other than the 7750 engine wobbling (which I don't really quite like that)... Another question, every watch with 7750 engine wobbling much? Coz i read it from the website it seems that most of the 7750 engine seems to have this "wobble" problem..