Sign in to follow this  
time_keeper

Foggy crystal

time_keeper

Hey guys,

I received a Rolex Daytona from nembo over on RG today. Watch wasn't running so I took the back off, gave it a little shake, moved the balance wheel back and forward and lastly gave it a little blow to try and move and dust/pubes that may be blocking something.

Good news it's started working and is keeping great time, bad news is the crystal keeps misting up from the inside.

Any ideas how to stop this happening?

SSTEEL

Leave the back off and put the watch in a sealed tub of silica packets for 48 hours, the silica packets will withdraw any moisture in the watch. Alternately you could refit the case back, and pull out the crown to time set position, and submerge the watch in a tub of uncooked rice, and fit the tub lid on, and again leave for 48 hours, the uncooked rice will also extract the moisture from the watch.

Paparolf

Great advice, got my iphone 5 working again after I dropped it down the toilet (don't ask!!) by leaving it in a sealed tin of rice for a couple of days

plankton

Leave the back off and put the watch in a sealed tub of silica packets for 48 hours, the silica packets will withdraw any moisture in the watch. Alternately you could refit the case back, and pull out the crown to time set position, and submerge the watch in a tub of uncooked rice, and fit the tub lid on, and again leave for 48 hours, the uncooked rice will also extract the moisture from the watch.

Your the man Mick (SSteel)

wdev

Yup, the old rice trick should do the trick

bklynboy

Great advice, got my iphone 5 working again after I dropped it down the toilet (don't ask!!) by leaving it in a sealed tin of rice for a couple of days

:sh_h:

time for a new phone mate . . .

time_keeper

Thanks for the advice, the rice is ready! Only thing I'm worried about is it leaving marks on the inside of the crystal now. Hopefully that won't happen.

SSTEEL

Get yourself some of these, loads on eBay :)

14140491927_512bdf1b92_c.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Then find a suitable tub..

14347208363_01a7ebff24_c.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Then place the watch inside with the case back removed, completely submerge the watch in the sachets, put the lid on and forget about it for 48 hours..

14323686101_23d1bb2b32_c.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Obviously, with rice, leave case back on, and simply unscrew the crown, and pull out to time set position.

BC1221

Hahaha I actually have a similar bowl.

I keep them when I find them in damn newr everything.

Ppl think I'm nuts until I explain why.

Mystery Shopper

This has been documented before. :D

phone-fix-place-in-rice-attract-asians_zpsb13d23fe.jpg