Sign in to follow this  
Davidms12

New member drooling over Reps

Davidms12

Hey guys. My name is David I'm from Canada. I stumbled upon the whole rep witkd while trying to find info on a Hublot watch that was purchased as a gift for me by a friend who was working in Iraq. Says he paid $100 and I was trying to find the model online. Anyway long story short I'm now in love with the big bangs. Specifically Tourbillon Solo and all black. I own a couple of Rolex submariner gens, one Cartier and one Tag, all gens. Looking forward to my first rep :)

fattyboy

Hi and welcome! Would love to see some pictures of your collection!

justwannalook

Sounds like it will be your second rep, as im betting the one from the sandbox is a rep too?

Daywatch

Hi and welcome check out the webites of some rwg trusted dealers. Qality should even be btter than bought on the street, prices more like triple and above. Have fun researching

myaz

Welcome.

Maybe you're looking for a quick rep and will move on and maybe you'll be interested and stick around to learn more.

Do know that some reps are done much better than others. For instance, it's easy to get a real close submariner rep but there's no very close Hublot tourbillon Solo.

You'll have to decide what is good enough for you by searching here.

Enjoy the search and good luck.

Simms

Welcome to RWG! I'd love to see pics of your collection when you get a chance

Davidms12

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

@justwanna look: yes the sandbox watch is a rep. It was the first time I saw a Hublot (rep or otherwise) in the flesh. Loved it. But now that I've exhausted my iPhone battery many times over educating myself, I realize the quality of my sandbox watch is terrible. Actually it's stopped twice and required two repairs.

@myaz: I'm beginning to see the difficulty in finding good reps of certain models aka Solo. I did find one on PT that looks closest to. Gen so far but don't know that I can pull the trigger yet at the price point.

I'm thinking of starting off with this rep:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=40453

In contact with someone called Shuang from PT. Strange because from all the reading I've done I thought the PT guy was called Angus!

Looking forward to becoming a contributing member of this awesome community!

David

Simms
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Looking forward to becoming a contributing member of this awesome community!

David

Great, we need more Canadians! Glad to have you onboard. My first rep was a Hublot too although a little on the loud side, :).

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=87335

Good luck whatever you choose. Make sure to read a lot, it's very important to understand the differences between the various movements. The more you know and understand the better your experience will be.

Davidms12

That's a beautiful watch Simms. I wish Josh had more Hublots to choose from. I put my order in with PT. Did the wire transfer this morning. We'll see how it works out. Excited about ordering my first Order!

David