MetalMickey

Tudor Pelagos first impressions - KW/V6 version

MetalMickey

8a1e1fe502a75ee1d0023379678cdacf.jpg

Not had time or opportunity to take any more photos but my KW/V6 Pelagos arrived this morning. I bought it from PureTIme (not a TD here but our TDs have it too) and only took 7 days to get here via EMS. Impressive!

First impressions are that it is light, and the bracket felt a bit flimsy and scratchy. I expect a baby oil bath will fix that. I had been wearing a TC Sub so it felt a little cheapo at first.

Three links came out smoothly (no black bay stuck screws) and when I eventually worked out how to use the micro adjustment it fits like a glove. The light weight makes it really comfortable despite its size.

Finish is acceptable but a couple of bracelet links had poor edges. I simply choose those to remove. Crown felt a bit stuff and the bezel turned when I screwed it in. Bezel has a lovely firm click. Best rep click I have seen but no idea if like the gen.

I have one very slightly misaligned maker but it is near impossible to tell unless you use a magnifying glass. Date nicely centred. I notice that the edge of the hour hand slightly overlaps the date window. Might be a tell.

Bezel is finished pretty well on mine. Text looks fairly crisp and fast. I have not yet managed to activate the lume so this is no Seiko. I didn't realise how nice it is till I took it off and put my sub back on. The sub felt heavy and unbalanced and really really small. I think this will be my next big gen purchase.

Not That Rich

Very nice, this is next on my list

deja123

Puretime is selling the v6 / KE i ordered at the preorder but thought this is ZF ?!

MetalMickey

Pure time sell the ZF but can get this one if, like me, you preordered the ZF then realised this one is better. You have to ask Angus to change.

ZF has curved crown guards and bezel font spacing is too wide. This has worse lume but better bezel and sharp crown guards.

deja123

Maybe the finaly ZF will have this Problems too?! Because on PT was just a sample or?!

Daywatch

Congrats and wear it well. Thanks for posting a mini-review, this is so new. Hope You get time over the next few days to take a lot more pics :) + lumeshot

MetalMickey

Lume shot. Finally.

ec9e11b08ea0da95bcce1a7e0d0c775b.jpg

Rep lume. That is all I will say.

Nigos5

i do like these tudor

Foz001

Lume not ideal but great watch

Edited by Foz001