Sign in to follow this  
Teddyfigo

Show me your Sevenfriday's

norrie

Here's two shots of mine taken this morning. Note the different shade of the minute hand.

15954952610_cba6816f03_c.jpg

16142282345_eaaf610d9f_c.jpg

Edited by norrie

Khronos

The best thing to do would be to check the matter with Tim. My first idea was that the difference occurs due to different angles and lighting,because I doubt they would make these changes in such a short time. I believe Toro sells two different versions of this paricular watch,I'll check later on my computer,I'm on my phone right now and I hate browsing on the damn thing :)

@norrie & Teddyfigo: thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it!

MetalMickey

The best thing to do would be to check the matter with Tim. My first idea was that the difference occurs due to different angles and lighting,because I doubt they would make these changes in such a short time. I believe Toro sells two different versions of this paricular watch,I'll check later on my computer,I'm on my phone right now and I hate browsing on the damn thing :)

@norrie: thanks for your input,I appreciate it!

I jut bought one from Tim. There are two factories. The one I got has the better dial, at $260. It is the top set of photos on the first post. The second set of photos are the other version.

plankton

My eyes!

Much aquired taste, some people love them.

Hope your eyes heal James.

Dendo

Clearly I am just not appreciating the sublime esthetics of these things. :help3:

Khronos
:)

Bidle
It's either u love it or hate it

photo

Yep, and I hate it, silly watches!!

Don't think that comparison with the Urwerk is quite right either, one is a truly revolutionary piece of contemporary horology, the other is a silly piece of design hiding the fact that nothing new or innovative has been achieved by the brand!

Just my opinion!

DC

Had to laugh reading your comment,.... :)

but do think it's just a design thing and not my cup of tea.

MetalMickey

Marmite. I have bought one as a bit of fun, as an affordable super-rep, and as a talking point/conversation starter. At least they have been brave and tried to do something different,

Khronos

+1

I've read a lot about this rep today on different forums and I don't know why everybody is going on about the price being to close to gen either. I think it's crazy to pay near 1000$ for a watch with a cheap ass Miyota and a mineral crystal, but the price of a rep is just right if compared to many other reps of a lesser quality. I believe this movement is way more reliable than say a asian 7750. And not everybody can afford a 1000$ gen easily, it all depends on from which corner of the planet you come from. I know that's true for most people from my country..What I think is a total and complete nonsense is when you pay 600$ for an AP rep. Just because it LOOKS like something that is worth 20000$. But you'll have a V8.7 coming out the next month which will have screws that are 0,1mm more sunken than yours and you'll just have to get it for that reason. And it's still not an AP, it just looks like one. Or one of those PAMs that all look the same..meh..

mercedesbenz

this is certainly not the watch for me - just don't see it - but hey, if it floats your boat all the better

MetalMickey

Here is my P2-1. I love the packaging, not sure on the watch yet, it might grow on me or I might just flip it on again...

2125184531eb6f8c7eb7f58051037dcf.jpg

0195260d0a633d56958d6e0123a8f7d0.jpg

tanto

Awful watches... clumsy imo

slaxl stradler

9ec75edcda1d464ebe4f7cbaed284922.jpg

09c7049ffa929b0848a3cca17cd4478b.jpg

Nice!, where did you get this one from?

link?

Teddyfigo

Got this from Robbie (Aoobuy)one of our TD here ... U can email him to enquire .

norrie

Just paid for a gunny java chip strap for my p2-1.

java-chip-serie-on-p2-1.jpg

Teddyfigo
Just paid for a gunny java chip strap for my p2-1.

java-chip-serie-on-p2-1.jpg

Drooolllll!!!!

cct1129

is it fairly straight forward switching bands?

Teddyfigo
is it fairly straight forward switching bands?

???

norrie

Yeah mate. Spring bars.

norrie

Well, here's my strap. It's a bit darker than the one above but Peter said they all are. Maybe the pic above was lightened.

15717839533_f24c15dce3_c.jpg

16152093739_611ddb85e4_c.jpg

Edited by norrie

Teddyfigo
Well, here's my strap. It's a bit darker than the one above but Peter said they all are. Maybe the pic above was lightened.

15717839533_f24c15dce3_c.jpg

16152093739_611ddb85e4_c.jpg

Still looks cool mate ... May I ask where u got the strap from bud ?