Sign in to follow this  
Pondlife

Seasons greetings from London

Pondlife

I'm a watch lover, even an addict, but sadly I can't pay for my addiction.

I'd like to find someone I could trust to rebuild my replica sub with a reliable movement like the ETA.

Anyone UK based could help me out?

SSTEEL

Welcome to RWG, and Seasons Greetings to you too from a fellow UK guy in Finland :)

Look up UK Watch Services.

Pondlife

Nice one, thanks.

Pondlife

So I looked up UK Watch Services, and found the 11 page thread on Repgeek about the shocking service from them. Interesting that you (SSTEEL) contributed to that thread too.

So is there anyone else in the UK?

Hornet

So I looked up UK Watch Services, and found the 11 page thread on Repgeek about the shocking service from them. Interesting that you (SSTEEL) contributed to that thread too.

I've not read that thread, so can't comment. I have had experience with them and whilst I have had to return the watch several times to correct issues I can't really say that the service is bad, they have made a lot of effort to get it right for me. They are a TD watchsmith on RWI, so have a read of feedback there before you make your mind up.....

.....they are the only TD watchsmith on RWG, so if you don't want to use them why not SSTEEL (not a TD), but I can recommend him (and so will others on here...) and the posting to Finland doesn't take much longer than to somewhere in the UK.

Derek Mc

Welcome from Ayrshire in Scotland :)

SSTEEL

You sure that thread you refer to is of UK Watch Services's UK Watch Services, or are you mixing that other UK watchmaker near the circus, Al, his name is. Username msm1

What happened to the watchmaker in Oxford circus thread??

greg_r

I've yet to see a bad report about UK Watch Services (and yes, I've used them myself). I think you must be mixing them up with someone else. UK Watch Services is a trusted dealer here - check out their subforum for feedback.

Hornet

I've yet to see a bad report about UK Watch Services (and yes, I've used them myself). I think you must be mixing them up with someone else. UK Watch Services is a trusted dealer here - check out their subforum for feedback.

That makes sense.....

....thanks Greg!

BentleySharp

Welcome from Ayrshire in Scotland :)

Ayrshire.... Just pleasantly rolls off the toungue, doesn't it? Ayrshire. Ayrshire. Ayrshire. :)

Jayums

What's a toungue? ;)

Pondlife

If I read this correctly Alex is the son and Alan is his father, the retired Omega guy.

Pondlife

But it appears to be Alex Thomas, not Waller, so I'm wrong and would like to unreservedly apologise!

Ant0702

If funds are an issue, rebuilding a rep with an ETA movt might not be the most economic route, unless your Sub is particularly high end, in which case why was the movement poor? Just saying as Asian ETA clones can be had for modest money. An Asian ETA movt is over 100 bucks and a Swiss movt (if there is such a thing these days!) is north of $250. Add in the labour cost etc etc and then add it up......

Just a thought. A new one from a TD might be a better option.