Sign in to follow this  
Aviator

CrPO Fading bezels fixed?

Aviator

I like the Noob as well as the Miyota decorated CrPO's, but I just don't want to buy a watch with a bezel that fades. I've seen some faded badly after only a month or two of very careful use, some do that later. Some never?

So guys, please tell me is this problem solved (in newer batches) or does it still exist? I've read about spraying the bezel with Matte finish Krylon clear coat as a possible solution.

And an everyday watch that this CrPO is, I would want to take it for a swim in the pool&salty water which makes the matters even worse...

So, where do we stand?

Edited by Aviator

nunu78

Noob and Miyota decorated CrPO never had a fading problem, it was only BP CrPO which suffered with that problem.

Edited by nunu78

RichardMiami

which of course has nothing to do with water resistance. If you want to do that (swim), you are strongly advised to take the watch for an independent test first.

All reps, regardless of marketing claims, should be tested before swimming first. Better safe than sorry.

Aviator

Thanks for the answers. For swimming I meant that it would make the bezel fade even more because of salt and chlorine, nothing with waterproofing it. I know I should make a test before jumping in. I learned it the hard way...

Tiktok

Anyone have any pictures of the new ceramic PO with Miyota? they claim to have a better bezel colour (more black then grey)

Cheers The miyota movement looks more like a gen doesnt it? it has those ruby look a likes

gshipley

I am concerned about this as well. I just ordered a new Noob edition crpo because my older orange one faded like mad.

Thrasher

I got the AT maker Miyota orange 45mm CR PO in about May 2014 and by the end of July 2014 the bezel had faded bad, wore it almost everyday outside while on vacation, I also have the exact same watch but by NOOB A2836 and hardly ever wear it outside with both watches I have noticed the threads on the crown/tube take a crap. VAC put a genuine crown but could not fit a genuine tube, he says it works now we will see I should have it back in a couple days. Beware I love this watch but Crowns and tubes seem to be my nightmare

zsolie

I am concerned about this as well. I just ordered a new Noob edition crpo because my older orange one faded like mad.

The orange beezels aren't made from ceramic, They are painted polished steel or aluminium. That's why they faded over time.

bennykwa

people pay huge sums of money for faded vintage rolex bezels. I want to see pics! This may be cool. )))

dontbelievemejustwatch

i just ordered http://www.torobravo...&product_id=843 and now i see this!..

now im shitting bricks can anyone confirm this is no longer an issue ?

It was only an issue with BP CrPO's. Yours is a LMPO from Noob, which is fine.

I'm also quite sure the issue has been fixed. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thrasher

It was an issue with AT maker orange bezel insert. It should be electro plated like? Well TC has electro plated inserts but that's for the 16610..You understand. I think NO bezel insert should be painted or printed but the AT maker sure was.