GenTLe

These are the differences between a 2836-2 and a GMT modified 2836-2

GenTLe

Since I've seen a bit of confusion over the GMT version of the movement, let me explain which are the differences and why even a broken GMT modified one can be replaced without going crazy to get another GMT one.

The only difference between a standard 2836-2 and the modified version are just:

- intermediate date wheel (in the gen/asian standard ETA it is a gear with a little pinion; in the GMT it has 2 pinions, one on each side of the gear) - eta chart nr. 41

- day corrector (in the GMT it has 2 pinions) - eta chart nr. 44

- GMT wheel (not present in the gen/asian standard ETA)

- maybe also the minute train bridge (eta chart nr. 42)

So you just need to get a new gen/asia 2836-2 and transplant those 3 pieces into the new movement (the rest is absolutely the same) :)

post-63910-0-36795600-1419869122.jpg

ROLIE

hi gentle you need 4 parts to swap out the three you mention and also the cover plate that holds down the date wheel spring as this has been modified as well. this has been filed so not to damage the teeth on part eta 41 in your pic.

GenTLe

hi gentle you need 4 parts to swap out the three you mention and also the cover plate that holds down the date wheel spring as this has been modified as well. this has been filed so not to damage the teeth on part eta 41 in your pic.

Thanks, corrected :)

ROLIE

your welcome I found out the hard way. I left original on and destroyed the gear teeth ..

only on my own gmt so swapped out movement to a gen 2893-2 now runs better

SSTEEL

Correct :)

ROLIE

Thanks ive known about the parts for a very long time

HAP0504

Hi

i had done the same as many has done. i have broken the intermediate date wheel

and needing a replacement but unable to locate the part # in this post it dose talk about the ETA Chart # 41 but i have looked with no luck

can anyone help with the ETA Part number I need a replacement badly.

" intermediate date wheel (in the gen/asian standard ETA it is a gear with a little pinion; in the GMT it has 2 pinions, one on each side of the gear) - eta chart nr. 41"

GenTLe
Hi

i had done the same as many has done. i have broken the intermediate date wheel

and needing a replacement but unable to locate the part # in this post it dose talk about the ETA Chart # 41 but i have looked with no luck

can anyone help with the ETA Part number I need a replacement badly.

" intermediate date wheel (in the gen/asian standard ETA it is a gear with a little pinion; in the GMT it has 2 pinions, one on each side of the gear) - eta chart nr. 41"

Not sure if I understood: do you need the standard or the modified gear? In 2nd case it is not available as eta spare part because eta doesn't produce the gmt version.

For the standard one then go to ETA site, select Products, then Technical communications on the right and get your movement oiling chart where it is described. Then buy it online.

HAP0504

Yes i need the Modified one can you get it from Hangzhou??

GenTLe

The single part is pretty impossible to find.

What you can do is to get a new one (http://www.helenarou.com/hangzhou-6460-automatic-gmt-movement-date-at-300-eta-283646030028362.html) and sell the other for parts or convert it to a standard 2836 and sell it (or keep it).

HAP0504

Thanks for the replay, that is what i thought ....I guess i need to get a donor movement.

second thought, can i get a ETA 2893 so if it goes down i know i can get parts for it??

or the sizes of the movement are are too different and it will not work between swapping a 2836 to a 2893???

GenTLe

2836 2824 and 2834 are similar. But they change in the part over the main plate, where there is the day or day date mechanism. Main plate of 2834 is larger. But for standard eta you can find parts online, you don't need donor movements. Just the asian MODIFIED ones (and the 775x Arian) have parts that are pretty impossible to find

gingerr6
your welcome I found out the hard way. I left original on and destroyed the gear teeth ..

only on my own gmt so swapped out movement to a gen 2893-2 now runs better

I've been looking to do the same movements seem hard to come by. Is it a direct swap ??

• Like 1

ROLIE

Try the ebay there is a seller who sells full movements Asian clone high beat gmt module type . As its not as easy as it sounds as you can transplant the parts and it might still not work .

HAP0504

thanks

Edited by HAP0504

HAP0504
your welcome I found out the hard way. I left original on and destroyed the gear teeth .. only on my own gmt so swapped out movement to a gen 2893-2 now runs better

I was wondering from the 2836 to 2893 a direct fit??

The movement height are not the same

2836: 5.05mm vs 2893: 4.10mm

did you have to use a extra spacer or something?

ROLIE

TBH it was that long ago i really carnt remember now sorry

GenTLe

Probably the 2893 will not fit the stem hole in the case...

chrimago

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if someone still have the picture posted above (post-63910-0-36795600-1419869122.jpg)

The content seems to be not available anymore ("The page you requested does not exist") :(

Merci!

Chris

GenTLe
11 hours ago, chrimago said:

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if someone still have the picture posted above (post-63910-0-36795600-1419869122.jpg)

The content seems to be not available anymore ("The page you requested does not exist") :(

Merci!

Chris

Here:

39950010684_090d094090_o.jpg

25788855597_204e4e0583_o.jpg