Sign in to follow this  
Cubic Hare

The collection grows and grows and grows.....

Cubic Hare

A couple not in the box and a PAM in transit... I'll trim down the collection soon... I promise...... (yes dear)

20150107_141631.jpg

Cheers

Left Coast Guy

Haha, I doubt it....if you're anything like me, they'll just keep coming in. I'm up to two boxes by now....and not small boxes mind you. I feel like it will settle down and I'll grow out of it at some point, but its been a year, and still not happening.

cogwatch

Looks good so far!! I didn't start trimming things down until I got to 100+. And even after starting to trim down and sticking with a one in one out strategy, it's so much faster and easier to buy than it is to sell that the ins seem to stay 5 or 6 ahead of the outs :)

Good luck with your own trimming down attemp. But in the meantime, I'd buy a bigger box :lol:

Ishmael

Looks good so far!! I didn't start trimming things down until I got to 100+. And even after starting to trim down and sticking with a one in one out strategy, it's so much faster and easier to buy than it is to sell that the ins seem to stay 5 or 6 ahead of the outs :)

Good luck with your own trimming down attemp. But in the meantime, I'd buy a bigger box :lol:

Show OP your watch box Paul :giggle:

Cubic Hare

OMG 100? YES, haha, much bigger box on order. auto winder too (I hate setting the things all the time)

I'd love to see a few of your collections and point out your favourite if you have one (or two)

Cheers

wqleow

That IWC moonphase is lovely!

Cubic Hare

Thanks, yes, one of my favourites.

20150107_014236.jpg

Cheers

cogwatch

If you insist :) I love to show my box :giggle:

Actually it's 2 boxes. One which I built partitions and cushions for, and one "loose" box that I just haven't gotten off my ass to build the partitions and cushions.

wherealien, here's what you have in store for you!!! :lol: . As I said, good luck trimming down!!!

The Nice Box

503e2b2e-25e7-4e08-bd7a-7921f55facc4_zps6e4cc6a8.jpg

The Other Box

f93d4a85-16dd-42c5-a2f3-6f0393fc60f5_zpsb1e4d9d2.jpg

Cubic Hare

Actually it's 2 boxes. One which I built partitions and cushions for, and one "loose" box that I just haven't gotten off my ass to build the partitions and cushions.

wherealien, here's what you have in store for you!!! :lol: . As I said, good luck trimming down!!!

The Nice Box

The Other Box

FUCK I'm speechless. AMAZING COLLECTION. What's your fav?

Edited by wherealien

cogwatch

FUCK

Well said :)

As far as a favorite (or two), I dont really have one. I wear them all through a rotation, wearing a different one every day. I generate a random number list and use it each day to determine which one is up to wear that day. Haha, you can stop laughing now!! I'm not pulling your leg. Example below.

7c3c47b8-bce1-47e1-b39d-94525336bab5_zps4baa8cc1.jpg

Cubic Hare

FUCK

Well said :)

As far as a favorite (or two), I dont really have one. I wear them all through a rotation, wearing a different one every day. I generate a random number list and use it each day to determine which one is up to wear that day. Haha, you can stop laughing now!! I'm not pulling your leg. Example below.

7c3c47b8-bce1-47e1-b39d-94525336bab5_zps4baa8cc1.jpg

Is there a medicine for what ever affliction you have because I fear I'm showing symptoms. :)

again, your collection is unbelievable.. Thanks for sharing.

Samsam

Nice collection,i have a long way to go.

cogwatch

Thanks! No magic pill I'm afraid. But better than other addictions you could spent your money on.

GenTLe

The Nice Box

The Other Box

Auch... I was thinking I had too many watches already... =:-OO

<RJ>

I worked hard on this hording issue and i eventually got down to 8 reps and a few gens. I never been at it like you though :beer2:

Xpletiv

That's like at least $30,000. , yes?

Left Coast Guy

Give or take $300 per watch.....yup that sounds about right....

Chiquita Fanjita

The Nice Box

The Other Box

HOLY SHIT!!! That's some collection!

Thanks, yes, one of my favourites.

20150107_014236.jpg

Cheers

+1 that is a gorgeous looking watch.

thenoon

When I was starting I got up to about 25 reps then realised what I liked and trimmed it down over time to what I have now, so I now have about 7-8 reps and a few gens and I keep them all in a glass fronted solid oak display cabinet , most with their presentation boxes for show :-)

Not a great pic but you get the idea......

2428033f37ddd7c994a97baa1fa0dacc_zps29ac4854.jpg

Current collection is :

Gen Oris TT Small Seconds Silver/Orange

Gen Oris TT Small Seconds Blue

Gen Oris TT Small Seconds Grey and Black Titanium

Gen Hamilton Jazzmaster Seaview

Gen Armani

Rep Tag Aquaracer 500m Chrono

Rep PAM 111

Rep Omega CRPO Pumpkin

Rep Omega CRPO Black

Rep Breitling SuperAvenger Blacksteel

Rep Tag Aquaracer Ceramic

Rep Omega PO Chrono

Rep Rolex DSSD , Kenny modded

Rep IWC BP

e53bda8cd810d945dc9508f4c3cba2e2_zps1b1bb567.jpg

114d992f47f0327b99613c4add3a7303_zpsbe2097df.jpg

Bidle

Nice gens and great to display them!!

At the moment I don't know how many watches I have, but probably around 150.

machiavegli

Off to a good start!

For a little variety you might want one with NO complications and a clean dial... Just the time. And if the IWC isn't on gen alligator, think about it, there's no comparison.

@cogwach ... You're a maniac. Wow.

-Mach

sarlan19

The Nice Box

The Other Box

Thanks for those pics. Now i can convince my wife that this is "normal" and healthy.

Great collection you have there !

20Footer

That is the most beautiful and at the same time scary thing i have seen. The beauty part is obvious. The scary is i thought i could control this watch "problem" i have. Now i see im doomed!

porkman65
Nice gens and great to display them!!

At the moment I don't know how many watches I have, but probably around 150.

150! Can we see your box please?

I think I have around 40 watches and was starting to think it was getting rather silly. Now that I can see I'm not the only nutcase I realise that it will be perfectly fine for me to continue building my collection as there are still so many watches that I NEED to own! Another watch box is on its way as we speak.

Thank you for making me feel normal!

Matt.

porkman65

A big no no! Please don't start talking about costs.....you will only upset everyone. I don't want to think about how much I have and will spend!