Sign in to follow this  
bammer7

Difference in Service Level at Two Mid-Level Gens

bammer7

The difference in the quality of service at two gen manufacturers at which I had to have watches repaired was interesting.

1. Suunto Elementum Terra - I bought the watch secondhand and promptly dropped it, which cracked the LCD. It was out of warranty, but I sent it in to their service center to get it fixed. I requested they provide a cost estimate.

Within a week, they sent me back a new replacement watch at no charge. It very well could be a reconditioned new watch (don't know this to be true); nevertheless, pretty incredible on an out of warranty watch for which the malfunction was clearly not related to anything they did.

2. Glycine Combat Iguana - I bought it new. Within the first couple months, the torquing force required to turn the crown became quite incredible. Sent it in under warranty. They indicated that they needed to replace the crown and stem (hmm?) and projected 2 weeks repair time.

They sent it back 10 weeks later. To replace a stem and crown. On a relatively generic 2824-2 movement.

Edited by bammer7

vito1

Glycine is a small Swiss company.

Their watches hold value extremely well. In fact, the price doubled in the last 5-10 yeqars.

Enoy it!