Sign in to follow this  
miaent

HBB CF Purchase review

miaent

My first post ever on a rep site talking about my first ever rep purchase. I love the big Bangs. They are hip, sharp, have attitude with balance and can be worn in multiple settings. Yes, I stewed for a combined couple hours picking out my first prey. I ended up with the following:

BIG BANG 44MM FULL CARBON FIBER CF DIAL BLACK MARKERS/HANDS ON BLACK GUMMY STRAP HUB4104

Size: 45mm x 15mm

Movement: Modified Asian 7750 automatic chronograph movement with platinum-plated bridge plate and detailed engraving as genuine at 28800vph

Functions: Hours, minutes, sub-seconds, date and chronograph

Case: Full matte carbon fiber case (same as genuine)

Crystal: Scratch-proof sapphire crystal with double AR coating

Dial: Carbon fiber dial

Bezel: Full matte carbon fiber bezel

Strap: Black Gummy strap

Clasp: Deployant clasp

Water resistance: >50 Meters

I love the watch and even wear it more then other Gens that I have. But there are problems with it and I am hoping your comments can help me figure out if this is par for the course when dealing with reps. If so I am ok with that. But if not I need to be a better buyer or learn how to fix these. Here are some pictures and comments about the watch. I love the watch

Watches_012_jpg_zps231cff9b.jpg

This picture does not show significant defects in the bezel which I will point out later. But it looks nice. Notice the chrono seconds hand (with the hublot "H" on the bottom). It is just to the left of the 12. Know this is a result of a reset rather then me stopping it there on its way around. It sometimes goes 4 tix to the left of the 12 but of course I couldn't make it do it for the picture. The right subdial is supposed to be the minute counter for the chrono. Its defect is that it moves erratic as well far to fast. In 5 minutes it will be at the bottom (15 min marker). It simply doesn't work. The left subdial is the normal clock's second hand which seems to work fine.

Maybe some of you can help out on the funtionality of the crown. When it is fully in the clockwise function has become very tight to where I feel something is going to break if I turn it anymore. When going counter clockwise it ticks loosely. I don't know what it is doing. Any help appreciated.

watch_jpg_zps8625c86d.jpg

Sorry about the bad pic but this was the only reflection I could remotely show the imperfections in the bezel. You likely would not see in a transitory setting but if you looked closely the discolored smudge marks would be evident. Obviously the QC pics didn't show it as the previous picture did not. I emailed the TD twice about it with no reply. Maybe I am SOL but it doesn't bother me enough to still not love the watch.

Watches_002_jpg_zps440f36af.jpg

Very cool looking movement. But the thing that goes in circles, which I believe is the automatic movement, makes and feels a vibrating sound. More pronounced if I move my watch arm quickly or in a circular motion. I don't own a HBB Gen but would guess it would not do this.

Watches_007_jpg_zps0de1fcfa.jpg

Watches_006_jpg_zps36f9d054.jpg

Watches_011_jpg_zpsfe2b2e5a.jpg

Watches_010_jpg_zpsb51de917.jpg

That about wraps it up. I want to get another fairly soon but hoping any comments you have will help make better choices....not that I regret this purchase.

storck92

Nice watch! I've got a Hublot as well!

Be sure to read the A7750 movement Guide!

The thing that turns around, as you describe it, is there to power the watch with the movement of your wrist! It is perfectly normal, the gens do this as well.

The crown, when filly pushed in, winds the movement when turning clockwise, counterclockwise it does nothing. Normally when the watch is 'not ticking' you should give it 30-40 winds to charge the power reserve, you only need to do this when the watch stopped working (eg when you haven't had it on the wrist for a few days).

The firstl position of the crown lets you change the date. Be absolutely sure NOT TO CHANGE THE DATE BETWEEN 10pm AND 2am. Always best to first set the hands to 6 for example, set the date, then set the time. Otherwise you could damage rhe date mecanism and you won't be able to change it anymore.

Second position of the crown changes the time.

About the chrono: i have unfortunately no idea how it is supposed to work but here's a tip: don't use the chrono to much.

I hope i didn't write something stupid, be shure to correct me everybody! :)

Oh and have fun with your watch, wear it in good health!

storck92

For the chrono: the top pusher starts/stops the chrono, the bottom one resets the markers to their original position :)

joeKyle25

Great looking watch--Where did you find this model. I want :)

kingbb

I also had some problems with my chrono but after messing with the buttons here and there. It worked out perfectly. Just press the Top button once to start it :)