Sign in to follow this  
anemeth

Nautilus with Miyota movement - braclet question

anemeth

I just got my PP Nautilus with Miyota movement and the braclet is to big for me. I want to remove 2 links on each side. I watched couple of videos on the internet and got the tool to push out the braclet pin.

But there is no mark showing which way the pin should go out and if I look at the holes on both side with the pin in it, I am not sure which is the rounded or the flat side (split end). According to the video, I should push out from the rounded side.

I would appreciate any advice, letting me know which way I should push the pin out.

Thanks,

Robeng

I have this watch.It doesn't matter which side you push the pins out.Be careful because the pins slide into a soort of barrel in the link which can slip out and is easy to lose.After you remove the link make sure the barrel is in position and gently tap the pin back into place..easy.

anemeth

Robeng,

Thanks, will do as you say.

Now I have an other question. When I got the watch the crown was fully screwed in. I unscrewed anti-clockwise to adjust the time, but now I cannot get the crown back to the original position.

I pushed back it fully, but it is still out by 1mm. If I turn the crown clockwise I can feel that I am winding the watch up (feel the spring), if I turn it anti-clockwise it just freely turning. I do not dare to turn further clockwise, I do not want to break the winding spring.

What should I do?

Thanks,

IronBoy

Turn it clockwise to screw back the crown until it stops. What you're feeling"(feel the spring)" is normal.

black263

Is it an automatic. If so, no problem. If it isn't, it may be that you have fully wound it to the stop, and your watch is continuing to wind as you screw the crown down. In which case you don't want to over-wind it. Leave it to run for a few hours and try again..

anemeth

Thanks, I got it.

The problem was that the travel of the crown on its axis is very small. But I figured it out how to do it, now I screwed it down (back).

Thanks for your help.

anemeth

Here is the link and pin, if somebody interested:

20150208_090317_zpst9mmbduj.jpg

Godfathar

Dear anemeth, may I kindly ask you if you can show the tools you used to take out the links?

many thanks in advance,

Retina

this bracelet was a real bitch to resize... i suggest getting proper tools to do the job. it can be finnicky without the right sized pushers

Godfathar

Just resized the SW200 today. Just needed a screwdriver. No need for pushers, although I bought the pushers just in case.