Sign in to follow this  
drumike102

PO gen tube and crown replacement

drumike102

I'm looking to replace the crown and tube on my 42mm PO as they tend to strip out so I want to replace them with the gen parts. Is there anyone that has done this already and do they know the exact parts I need? I looked on ofrei but there are a ton of each. If someone could steer me in the right direction it'd be greatly appreciated. Here's the watch in question.

39feefa6c06b737dfb5aee040d54eda1.jpg

nunu78

Where do you based, as we have few modders on board.

drumike102

I'm in the US and spoke with one modder but I need to source the parts.

rodralph

These are the parts I ordered from Otto Frei

Omega Stainless Steel Crown 42184 - 8100/3905W

Omega Case Tube 090ST1232 - OME-090ST1232

I ran into a problem while doing this. Once I installed the original stem into the Gen Omega crown, it was about 2mm shorter than the original setup. Will your modder replace the stem? Can you PM me his info? I want to get this done as well.

drumike102

Well that seems like an issue. I was going to use a modder on this forum katt. Can anyone chime in on this stem issue?

rodralph

Well that seems like an issue. I was going to use a modder on this forum katt. Can anyone chime in on this stem issue?

Thanks for the name. I think the issue is more prevalent because the spring on the original crown has more travel than in the gen crown. I know it has been done by a lot of people. I want to see what others can come up with as well.

GenTLe

Easily you can replace the stem or, if the new stem is not available (but for Miyota and Eta they are) you can always make it a bit shorter and instal a stem extender (like I did for my B&R type aviation where the stem was always too short):

stem-extenders.jpg